• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Ninja

Ninja

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 62 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:23 am

Spur of the moment thing, so can post pictures later (edit - pictures, obviously, edit2 - higher res photos now in photo bucket!), I'm at work right now.  Puppy forces sale... EDIT - PRICE DROP BY £100 to £600ono!! She's just sitting there and it's a real shame - really must go...

So, 1996 in blue (I think it says Purple on the log book, but it's blue!)

IMG_4532-2.jpgIMG_4533-2.jpg

IMG_4536-2.jpg IMG_4537-2.jpg

The good:

Good tires - Michelin Pilot roads

Engine bars

Tall screen

braided hoses

pads, chain all good.

Micron stainless downpipes with nexus silencers.

Hagon (I think!) shock

Scottoiler

Givi rack and tatty topbox (got the top box from a kind chap on here).  The Rack was brand new.

I' ve raised the gearing so it revs lower than standard - 60mph is 3krpm.  I think this suits the bike well, but easy enough to change the front sprocket if you don't like it.  I think I have a sprocket or two in the shed.

MoTd

The Bad:

Hesitant in the midrange when it gets warm.  I'm thinking emulsion tubes.  I have a pair of carbs bought from here a while back that have been services with new jets etc, but not got round to fitting them,  Also I think the carb to head 'mainfolds' have perished.

I bought the bike a few years back from a work colleague and used it a while.  I sold it to my brother-in-law a couple of years back, who used it like twice.  He damaged his ankle and wasn't able to ride, so offered it back to me.  This was good timing as my Guzzi was having long-term warranty repairs (7 months!!) so I bought it back and used it while the Guzzi was being fixed.  Now the Guzzi is back, I just don't ride it, hence the sale.

So, looking for around £700 £600, but open to any offers.  I have the other set of carbs that can go with it (I paid £90 I think for these).

Let me know if you want any further details.  I'm near Cambridge.  Welcome to come and have a good look round it. 

Cheers

edit 49300 miles

edit - just noticed it's the bike in my avatar!

Edited by Ninja, 04 November 2014 - 05:32 pm.

#2 Ninja

Ninja

• 62 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:23 pm

No interest so far - is it too expensive, or something offputting?

Probably go onto eb*y when I can be bothered, maybe at the weekend.

Cheers

#3 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 11 October 2014 - 03:37 pm

Maybe the puppy bit put folks off...........................;-)

Why can't I use emoticons? ADMIN?

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#4 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:45 pm

Can you post up more details in admin section please dandy, like what problem/error you have when posting emoticons and what yar trying to post using, tellingbone? Pc?

Also some threads on this in admin section that might help you. Xx
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#5 Ninja

Ninja

• 62 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:23 pm

Shocking price drop and lovely photos

#6 Wildbill

Wildbill

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:55 am

There is no logical reason for this to remain unsold.

Your original price was good to start with.

Best of luck with a trouble free sale.

Don't come preaching to me;you'll get chased down the road wiff a pitchfork.

#7 butcher650

butcher650

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:59 am

If I had the space and money, I'd have it off you! (As an addition of course, the 'best Mk1' is still ticking all the boxes)!

Agree with the above, it's a great price, can't understand why it's still there. 

Best of luck, 

P.S, somebody should buy this bike, because the man selling it has an incredibly good taste in cake! 

#8 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:18 pm

It's a bargain! If I had the garage space I snap your hand off at £600. Patience is the key, how can it not sell at that price!

84 Honda XL600R  :)

04 TDM900  :good:

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#9 Drew48

Drew48

has been here 4ever

• 1,150 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:15 am

to far from me or I'd bite your hand off at that price - even though I already have 2 MK1 "projects" sitting in bits :rolleyes:

Edited by nhstedium, 28 October 2014 - 10:15 am.

CB125 SUPERDREAM, DR125, MZ125ETZ, CD200BENLY, CB250SUPERDREAM x 2, VT250F, XT350,SRX400,CX500EC,XT600,GPX600C1,TDM850MK2,GS850,TDM850MK1,XJ900F,SV1000S, SV1000N, TDM850MK1 (nr2), TDM850 MK1 (nr3),TDM850 MK1 (quatre)

#10 richarda

richarda

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:28 pm

Oops, just seen the rules in the sticky.  I'm interested in this so have sent a message.

Richard

Edited by richarda, 28 October 2014 - 09:04 pm.

#11 dogpuf

dogpuf

discovering Carpe

• 13 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:23 pm

How Many Miles has it done?

What puppy have you bought?

#12 Ninja

Ninja

• 62 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:59 pm

There is no logical reason for this to remain unsold.

Your original price was good to start with.

Best of luck with a trouble free sale.

Thanks Wildbill - good to know I wan't a million miles out with the price!  I'm losing a bit on it since buying it back from my brother in law, but want it sold rather than (a) it sit all winter unused and be in a  state next year (b) it sells on eBay - I've had lots of advice from Carpe over the years - had a TDM like over 10years ago, this one and briefly (!) the MK1 Butcher650 bought - it'd be nice if someone from here bought it.

If I had the space and money, I'd have it off you! (As an addition of course, the 'best Mk1' is still ticking all the boxes)!

Agree with the above, it's a great price, can't understand why it's still there. 

Best of luck, 

P.S, somebody should buy this bike, because the man selling it has an incredibly good taste in cake! 

Hey Glen! How's it going?  Good to see you've still got the TDM - this is the other one I had when you bought yours.  And yes - cake always available! :cake eating:

It's a bargain! If I had the garage space I snap your hand off at £600. Patience is the key, how can it not sell at that price!

Thanks Jim - you're right patience indeed - someone is going to get a lot of bike for not a lot of money here!

to far from me or I'd bite your hand off at that price - even though I already have 2 MK1 "projects" sitting in bits :rolleyes:

Once you get to 2 projects, surely another one won't notice  :rotflmmfao:

Oops, just seen the rules in the sticky.  I'm interested in this so have sent a message.

Richard

Hi Richard - sent you a pm (twice, first one I tried to use my mobile, but it seemed to lock up, so if you get one and a half replies, that's why!)

How Many Miles has it done?

What puppy have you bought?

Sorry, should have said - 48 or 49kmiles - getting on for but not quite 50k.  Sent you a pm too, just now. edit - 49300miles!

New puppy is an Australian Shepherd - 11wks old now and still mad as a box of frogs!

Edited by Ninja, 29 October 2014 - 08:19 pm.

#13 Arkadious

Arkadious

arrived on last train

• 1 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:54 pm

Hi. Still for sale? Got one and looking for another one for my girlfient

#14 Ninja

Ninja

• 62 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:44 pm

Hi. Still for sale? Got one and looking for another one for my girlfient

Hi - someone's coming on Monday for a look and interest from one other, so shall I put you down with next dibbs and let you know how it went on Monday?

#15 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:08 pm

Best of luck.

With that Skidmarx flip screen, it looks spookily like my first TDM ...P490BPH

Pete

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#16 Ninja

Ninja

• 62 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:55 pm

Now sold.  Hope she lives up to your expectations, Richard - sad to see her go, but glad she's gone to a good home!  

#17 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:00 pm

Congratulations Richard !  :banana:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#18 richarda

richarda

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:12 am

So far so good thanks.  Just need to fettle the carbs and she should be a good 'un.  

Cheers

Richard

#19 butcher650

butcher650

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:02 am

Hey Glen! How's it going?  Good to see you've still got the TDM - this is the other one I had when you bought yours.  And yes - cake always available! :cake eating:

Yes, going very well thanks Lester! Hows about you? Do you have any TDMs now? Glad to hear you've sold her successfully! 

I remember seeing this one when I bought mine, I still love mine, just such an incredible machine! 

#20 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:50 am

tink it'll be back on the market soon enuf...

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users