Photo
- - - - -

I Have No Words After Watching ................

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Johnlaas

Johnlaas

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 113 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:14 am

All

Got sent this link yesterday. It is hard hitting to say the least.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC2SBX2nnUw

atb

John

John

2012 plated model, Black - with black seat
Mods - Yamaha High Screen, Scott Oiler, Fenda Extender, Givi Top box and panniers, Yamaha Heated Grips, Barkbuster Hand Guards
The Wish List - a decent horn, crash bungs 

06 Model in Blue with Silver trim [GONE - But not forgotten
Mods - Yamaha High Screen, Scott Oiler, Fenda Extender, Givi Top Box and Panniers, LED running light. Acerbis Dual Road Hand Guards, HID, Yamaha heated grips
Wish List - Crash Bungs,

#2 Readmarx

Readmarx

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:04 pm

I didn't watch it all the way through..... But aside from the actual crash footage it mainly appears as though driving a shitbox around means you'll kill/maim someone else and still look "cool" in your hot hatch/Raybans?

The message is "concentrate" or someone else suffers.

Was there any fun clips of car drivers disappearing under tanks, smashing into concrete pillars or slowly roasting in their status symbol as it ignites? I missed those if they were there?

mother nature rides a biker

#3 Guest_celticbiker_*

Guest_celticbiker_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:46 pm

These are what should be shown during in ad breaks at prime viewing time (fake ones not the real ones).

#4 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:59 am

QUOTE(Johnlaas @ Tue 24th Aug 2010, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All
Got sent this link yesterday. It is hard hitting to say the least.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC2SBX2nnUw
atb
John

Makes you think, very sobering.

Thanks for posting it.
I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

#5 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:02 pm

That will stay with me for a while! blink.gif

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#6 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:27 pm

I saw this a while back. Dont the Aussie's show some of them on TV?

#7 xs2jammu

xs2jammu

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 55 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:26 am

I have no words......

#8 JONNYBRAY

JONNYBRAY

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:46 pm

That's awful........ is there a few of these videos around. I watched one a while ago but they dont get any better to watch. I think perhaps people should watch one at least once a year so they remember the conscequences of these things.

Also think I'm not gonna put the girlfriend on the back of the bike after the recent crash. As it always seems so much worse when you were just a passenger.

#9 Fernihough

Fernihough

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:26 pm

QUOTE(Readmarx @ Tue 24th Aug 2010, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't watch it all the way through..... But aside from the actual crash footage it mainly appears as though driving a shitbox around means you'll kill/maim someone else and still look "cool" in your hot hatch/Raybans?

The message is "concentrate" or someone else suffers.

Was there any fun clips of car drivers disappearing under tanks, smashing into concrete pillars or slowly roasting in their status symbol as it ignites? I missed those if they were there?

Readmarx you read the videos well. But you may have not gone as far as the scenes involving children. I find that most stupid accidents are unfair on those who suffer from idiotic adults. But I can't stand the injustice of hurting kids who have not had a chance yet to experience the world and perhaps change the it for something better.

An analogy would be passive baby smokers who have not had the time to grow old enough to influence smoking behaviours. As adult, it is (was) a choice to get in a smoke filled pub like you get on risky roads on a motorbike.

Darwin theory in action - Natural evolution from 4 legs to 2, from 4 wheels to 2

Yam DTR125 / Yam TTR250 / Blue TDM900 2005

Fender extension; Right miror extension; Tutoro oiler; Frank Thomas leather Bullit Retro Jacket with Knox back protector for normal time and textile jacket with forcefield 4 for long trips, monolock plate with E45 GIVI top case, Michelin PR2

#10 Guest_RSROCKET_*

Guest_RSROCKET_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:36 pm

Man and Machine Eh!

#11 SelinaXC

SelinaXC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:33 pm

Made me want to sell the Tesco & Tip duty 106, cars are dangerous.
Tiger 800XC in black & WR400F rider, cohabiting with two TeDiuMs, a Mk1 and a Mk3.

#12 alunl

alunl

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:44 am

Seen this before... Just reminds me how many twats drive cars.

But it won't put me off biking, I always assume they (car/van/lorry drivers) haven't seen me and assume they could do something stupid at any time.

You just can't afford to have a lapse in concentration for a second... But I'm sure we all know this already or we wouldn't be here to discuss it.

Ride safely, ride well and watch out for the khunts in cars.
The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
~ Bertrand Russell 1950

#13 dbdb

dbdb

arrived on last train

• 9 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:49 am

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Sat 4th Sep 2010, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw this a while back. Dont the Aussie's show some of them on TV?

They do, a number of them are from TAC (Transport Accident Commission) in Victoria. I think though that after a while on TV they lose their impact - you become desensitised and tune out. Some terrifying stuff though...

#14 Jimmybl10

Jimmybl10

discovering Carpe

• 11 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:01 pm

If you thought that was bad hereis this years (I think)

http://www.youtube.c...p?v=Z2mf8DtWWd8

#15 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:53 am

One for the Aussies - what's that tongue scraper thing they are using about 1.00 minute in from that last link ^^ - drink detector or drugs or what?

Stu

#16 AzzA

AzzA

Knows more than an horses arse!

• 1,548 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:05 pm

QUOTE(stu @ Thu 25th Nov 2010, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One for the Aussies - what's that tongue scraper thing they are using about 1.00 minute in from that last link ^^ - drink detector or drugs or what?

Drugs... it's a multi test, fail it and you get a specific test in the back of the Drug/Booze Bus. "This will detect the recent consumption of methamphetamines (speed or ice), MDMA (ecstasy) and THC (the active component of cannabis)." Link.

On the topic of rider regulations and licensing: check out this LINK, it's a discussion paper for a proposed scheme in Victoria, Australia, it has some statistics and figures.

gallery_10460_302_12664.png

#17 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:16 pm

QUOTE(AzzA @ Thu 25th Nov 2010, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Drugs... it's a multi test, fail it and you get a specific test in the back of the Drug/Booze Bus. "This will detect the recent consumption of methamphetamines (speed or ice), MDMA (ecstasy) and THC (the active component of cannabis)." Link.

On the topic of rider regulations and licensing: check out this LINK, it's a discussion paper for a proposed scheme in Victoria, Australia, it has some statistics and figures.

good.gif

Thanks Azza. Work-related stuff for me.

In fact, a number of the VicRoads / TAC adverts are shown on Irish TV with a voiceover. Handy that you drive on the correct side of the road wink.gif

Stu

#18 Readmarx

Readmarx

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:38 pm

QUOTE(Fernihough @ Sun 5th Sep 2010, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Readmarx you read the videos well. But you may have not gone as far as the scenes involving children. I find that most stupid accidents are unfair on those who suffer from idiotic adults. But I can't stand the injustice of hurting kids who have not had a chance yet to experience the world and perhaps change the it for something better.

An analogy would be passive baby smokers who have not had the time to grow old enough to influence smoking behaviours. As adult, it is (was) a choice to get in a smoke filled pub like you get on risky roads on a motorbike.

I watched it all the way through. The purpose of introducing children is to appeal/alert the majority. The majority drive cars and have kids - the demographic its aimed at see the car as a status symbol. They're usually the same sort that see children as proof of manhood. The video isn't aimed at people that think or have empathy, that's why it's effectively a loop - it has to repeat and bang home the same message to the inane. It's asking the idiot to think about the link between his own consumer choices (the powerful car and the urge to drive fast whilst having no skill - not an admission for the macho man) and the effect upon children (the things he must have in his life to prove virility) but the kids that aren't his. You empathise because you're not mentally ill. The video's target audience is borderline psycho/sociopathic consumer man - a sociological illness but a capitalist necessity.

Edited by Readmarx, 17 December 2010 - 11:39 pm.

mother nature rides a biker

#19 3vd

3vd

PM Sent

• 2,665 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:34 pm

A load of shite if you ask me!

The brain dead dickheads who drive like they own the road don't give a fuck and videos like this aint gonna change that.
A friend of mine from school died in a car driven by a fuckwit who'd already put a previous girlfirend in a wheelchair in a previous accident, he knew the risks and still it happened again.
I know a copper who was off duty when he killed a girl whilst drink driving. These people knew the crack but still it happens, it will always happen until cars are banned. But the Christopher Reeves didn't fair much better.

Heard of 'Vision Zero'? Some Eurocrats reckon we can reduce road fatalities to Zero...... my arse, the roads are dangerous full stop.

So you can keep your video nasties, try educating drivers properly before they can pass their tests.

#20 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:21 pm

QUOTE(maximuspetrolhead @ Sat 18th Dec 2010, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A load of shite if you ask me!

As the fatalities dropped by about half since the TAC ads started running I can't see where it's a 'load'...
If all those ads saved one single life they would be worth it.

I just wish US TV was flooded with similar ads before every holiday.

Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users