#1 apw99

apw99

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:22 pm

I think we'll need an extra day for next years Get-Together when the 1500 privatized speed-cameras come into operation at mid-night tonight (get out there while you can lads 103 minutes left!!). I tried driving the car over the weekend exactly at the speed limits and I caused hold-ups everywhere I went. It's going to be a cash wind-fall for our beloved government who single-handedly led us into an economic melt-down.
The Police (called An Garda) have a website which has been crashing since last friday because of the number of hits looking for information on the cameras An Garda
I wonder if the vans will be front or rear facing?
APW

Edited by apw99, 15 November 2010 - 10:22 pm.

Have you ever lent someone 20 quid and never seen it again? It was probably worth it.

Long Loved TDM is no longer with me...

#2 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:17 pm

the motorist is always the first port of call for revenue generation.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#3 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:05 am

Cant they just put an extra cent tax extra on a pint of Guinness.

That would clear your national debt in one Friday night.

wub.gif

I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

#4 whichwaywasit

whichwaywasit

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:20 am

QUOTE(muddy @ Tue 16th Nov 2010, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the motorist is always the first port of call for revenue generation.

In england, our political system has become a self seeking club, leaving most of us without the choice of some one we would wish to vote for so having to vote for the least worst I wrote a comment about the police but delited it out of respect for a minority out there who believe they are on our side. Fortunately at this moment we have a government which is not pursuing the growth of camara's. (lets get one thing strait, anybody who says camara's make roads safer is lying) All the above means that these bodies have broken the contract between themselves and the public. We english have also experience of government moneymaking schemes being handed over to private contractors. The result is always the same, they lie and cheat and steal to maximise their profits with no level of morality at all. Therefore in ireland, where presumably there isn't a cctv camara spying on you as soon as you leave the house. There is still the possibility for direct action. So I would suggest you stroll up to a camara and firmly explain to it that you are extremely tired and if he insists on stealing money from people who are not causing any danger to anybody 24/7. He also will very quickly become extremely tired.

If this is to political for this site I apologise and if removed by the administrator, would understand

#5 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:07 am

QUOTE(whichwaywasit @ Tue 16th Nov 2010, 07:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In england, our political system has become a self seeking club, leaving most of us without the choice of some one we would wish to vote for so having to vote for the least worst I wrote a comment about the police but delited it out of respect for a minority out there who believe they are on our side. Fortunately at this moment we have a government which is not pursuing the growth of camara's. (lets get one thing strait, anybody who says camara's make roads safer is lying) All the above means that these bodies have broken the contract between themselves and the public. We english have also experience of government moneymaking schemes being handed over to private contractors. The result is always the same, they lie and cheat and steal to maximise their profits with no level of morality at all. Therefore in ireland, where presumably there isn't a cctv camara spying on you as soon as you leave the house. There is still the possibility for direct action. So I would suggest you stroll up to a camara and firmly explain to it that you are extremely tired and if he insists on stealing money from people who are not causing any danger to anybody 24/7. He also will very quickly become extremely tired.

If this is to political for this site I apologise and if removed by the administrator, would understand

I totally agree, and think you have been rather restrained ..... good.gif
I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

#6 OwenMc

OwenMc

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:40 pm

QUOTE(apw99 @ Mon 15th Nov 2010, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think we'll need an extra day for next years Get-Together when the 1500 privatized speed-cameras come into operation at mid-night tonight (get out there while you can lads 103 minutes left!!). I tried driving the car over the weekend exactly at the speed limits and I caused hold-ups everywhere I went. It's going to be a cash wind-fall for our beloved government who single-handedly led us into an economic melt-down.
The Police (called An Garda) have a website which has been crashing since last friday because of the number of hits looking for information on the cameras An Garda
I wonder if the vans will be front or rear facing?
APW

What's the figure for actual new cameras?

Just did a quick trawl, and reports quote all sorts of figures, which seem to boil down to '100s of new locations/sites, covered by about 40-odd new speed-vans'.

'64 MkI chassis, MkV specs, dodgy suspension, aerodynamic haircut, grab-handles :-)
'90 GS450L, '92 XJ600S, '99 TDM 850 '06 TDM 900A

#7 jim850wav

jim850wav

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:07 pm

will you still be able to do 100 on the A roads and 120 on the motorways.... I really loved being able to do that on my visits into the South.. laugh.gif
Slightly beat up Mk1 but still going

#8 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:03 pm

I have an er um safety zone detector on my car and while I can't comment for Ireland, in England I find a lot of the speed cameras are periodically not working. There is even one that hasn't worked for some time. My record is 5 cameras one after the other not switched on. And before anyone asks I keep to the limit around the cameras - just habit.... and of course being a responsible road user. I don't know why they're down as much as they are and can only put it down to having run out of film?

#9 jim850wav

jim850wav

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:32 pm

I have found that in the summer if you get out very early and have a run on your fav route.. a can of spray paint .. any colour.. will let you enjoy the rest of the day.. these private mobile vans are a bit harder.. have to think on that one ranting.gif uhmyeah.gif dunno.gif
Slightly beat up Mk1 but still going

#10 apw99

apw99

has been here 4ever

• 1,316 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:42 pm

QUOTE(OwenMc @ Tue 16th Nov 2010, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just did a quick trawl, and reports quote all sorts of figures, which seem to boil down to '100s of new locations/sites, covered by about 40-odd new speed-vans'.

I admit it is very difficult to get the real details. I think the 1500 is possibly 1500 locations but there seems to be a massive campaign and from Monday there was a dramatic decrease in speed from what I could see. The RSA (Road Safety Authority) call them 'Safety Cameras'. To be fair there is a massive boy-racer problem in Ireland, mostly as a result of young lads doing well in the Celtic Tiger years in the building sites and buying themselves 160bhp Honda Civics. Certain areas such as Donegal (NW) has an especially high death and recently there were 7 lads killed in one car up there. There has been a lot of public outcry and this appears to be the response.

Maybe Stu can enlighten us a little as he is in the business unsure.gif

QUOTE(jim850wav @ Wed 17th Nov 2010, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
will you still be able to do 100 on the A roads and 120 on the motorways.... I really loved being able to do that on my visits into the South.. laugh.gif

Jim -that was the funniest quote of the summer G2G. To enlighten the readers in Southern Ireland the speed limits are KPH while in the North they are MPH. Jim came down from the North for the G2G and was delighted to see he could do a tonne wherever he wanted yahoo.gif

Edited by apw99, 17 November 2010 - 09:45 pm.

Have you ever lent someone 20 quid and never seen it again? It was probably worth it.

#11 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:23 pm

The speed cameras have been a loooong time coming, not a reaction to recent events.

Stu

#12 rathairthir

rathairthir

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 100 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:16 pm

Hi guys

Checked out the Garda website .From what I can gather 15 marked , hi viz , camera vans went live on monday and are operated by a private sector. By January these bastards will have 45 hi viz vans on the road , 24hrs a day 7 days a week etc etc .

HOWEVER

The cops also have a NEW fleet of their own camera vans that are not marked but identical . The one that has been hovering around Navan town all week is a White 10 reg Renault Master. The only Distinguishing feature is a large lump in the roof above the back left hand door (infra red ?) Oh and the big bastard camera in the back windo . Any way dont worry about the marked vans ... Plod is out to get ya ....

#13 KickStarter

KickStarter

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 58 posts
  • TDM model: 1995

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:11 am

QUOTE(OwenMc @ Tue 16th Nov 2010, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1 down, 39 to go. rotflmmfao.gif
Link.
The world is full of willing people, some willing to work, the rest willing to let them.

#14 apw99

apw99

has been here 4ever

• 1,316 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:14 pm

QUOTE(KickStarter @ Fri 26th Nov 2010, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Link.

Next the Dail badgrock.gif

#15 whichwaywasit

whichwaywasit

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:25 pm

FACHTNA MURPHY WTF?
If you are reading this fachtna hahahahahaha. I saw a silver car with 2 occupants in, entering meadowhall 2 days ago. Hope this info is of use to you

#16 fatchap

fatchap

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • Location:Sunny Blackpool The FORMER home of Premier League Football
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:59 pm

QUOTE(jim850wav @ Wed 17th Nov 2010, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have found that in the summer if you get out very early and have a run on your fav route.. a can of spray paint .. any colour.. will let you enjoy the rest of the day.. these private mobile vans are a bit harder.. have to think on that one ranting.gif uhmyeah.gif dunno.gif

I seem to remember about three years ago the Isle of Man Government tried out their first speed camera.
Before it was actually up and running someone "necklaced" it with a tyre and a can of petrol. It was never replaced.

Just food for thought!!!

The alternative is to beat them to death with Paddy 900's soda bread rotflmmfao.gif

#17 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 09:08 pm

QUOTE(KickStarter @ Fri 26th Nov 2010, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Link.

Really loved this, well done the Irish man who did it and hope they get away with it banana.gif and Ireland will lose much needed tourist revenue if they start picking on motorists too harshly tongue.gif

Edited by Saga Lout, 26 November 2010 - 09:13 pm.

Now on 9er number 2 .....

#18 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 26 November 2010 - 09:31 pm

That's the finest piece of good news I've heard for quite a while.

#19 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:03 am

laugh.gif Nice one.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#20 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:03 pm

QUOTE(Saga Lout @ Fri 26th Nov 2010, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really loved this, well done the Irish man who did it and hope they get away with it banana.gif and Ireland will lose much needed tourist revenue if they start picking on motorists too harshly tongue.gif

Is this the same Sagalout who didn't know where RoI was ? tongue.gif

Stu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users