Kang

Carpe junky

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:26 pm

Sorry to hear man about your woe.

But was she not breaking the rules of the road? In the sense that she pulled across 1-2 lanes of on coming traffic?
I had a similar crash on my FZ6 where I actually hit him (taxi driver) but because he pulled out (with the help of a wave of a hand) across 2 lanes of traffic to take a right turn he was the fault, as the road was not clear in both directions to make such a turn.
Lucky for me a member of our police force witnessed this.
It takes Two to Lie Marge, One to Lie and One to Listen

#22 hvass

hvass

really likes Carpe

• 91 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:44 pm

An update ..some sanity prevails.

Got the option of getting the TDM fixed (except for the scratches on the exhaust and a few other little things but not full money) or getting it written off.
Was great to get the choice - thumbs up for AVIVA. Bit like being offered a good price for a trade in so off I go looking at nice new shiny bikes.

Well nearly new bikes 4-5k as could not afford to put much money into something new.
I knew I was not comparing like with like but was happy to compromise and get something better for commuting a 600 and boring was going to be OK and there are some really good deals out there along with the silly list prices.

Sat on a Tiger long enough to realise I would only be happy with the 800xc and did not have the other £4k and then some I would need.. so did not even test ride it I will take others word for it... desire can eat at your soul
Have a bandit 1250 as the hire bike.. not going there struggling to get 40mpg and it is not built for people of normal dimensions, in fact I dont really know who it is built for... bikes done under 3k miles and so far the indicator has fallen off and the fuel injection is worse than the tdm ffs
Tried the XJ6 Diversion - great bike for 4.5k but not a Diversion and not for me lots of reasons like my butts too big and the step in the seat feels like someone is pushing your nuts into the tank
Tried the Versys again, new one this time... I know I really should like this bike, tall rider, good commuter, better mpg, smaller engine, cheap, big fan club but all just wrong wrong wrong
So it had to be the dull but courier friendly choice of cbf600N pre-reg for 4.5k, wierd ride flops into corners and you spend all your time changing up the gear box ... 40mph in 6th, the undoubtedly excellent cbr engine belongs in .. well the cbr
Or another guzzi like a good ridable breva... but as I said some sanity prevailed.

I know I could get used to an in line 4 again and it would make a lot of sense but all the modern ones are so low geared I really dont want to scream about the place on a sit up and beg budget bike, I dont need the status a fast/exotic or 'badged' bike gives I just want a bike I can afford that is not too dull and can do most things.

So getting the TDM fixed it still ticks all the right boxes for me and I had got it the way I wanted it... hope it turns out to be the right decision time will tell

With regard to the other side of the saga turning out just like Arlo Guthrie said it would

"Kids, this-piece-of-paper's-got-47-words-37-sentences-58-words-we-wanna-
know-details-of-the-crime-time-of-the-crime-and-any-other-kind-of-thing-
you-gotta-say-pertaining-to-and-about-the-crime-I-want-to-know-arresting-
officer's-name-and-any-other-kind-of-thing-you-gotta-say", and talked for
forty-five minutes and nobody understood a word that he said, but we had
fun filling out the forms and playing with the pencils on the bench there,
and I filled out the massacre with the four part harmony, and wrote it
down there, just like it was, and everything was fine and I put down the
pencil, and I turned over the piece of paper, and there, there on the
other side, in the middle of the other side, away from everything else on
the other side, in parentheses, capital letters, quotated, read the
following words:

("KID, WAS YOU RIDING A MOTOR-SICKLE?")

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tdm900a
mv v35 Imola
cb500x

#23 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:09 pm

Good write up.

I have some standard unmarked cans here if you need them. Be a good start to your re-build

Cats

#24 hvass

hvass

really likes Carpe

• 91 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:57 pm

Thanks Cats

To be honest my exhaust pipe looks like I have run it up the garage wall wheeling the bike in so not too bad & I had the choice of what to leave off the repair quote and in part chose exhaust because might look for some after market cans at some point.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tdm900a
mv v35 Imola
cb500x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users