• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 freedom50

freedom50

arrived on last train

• 7 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:33 am

Ive got a Rjays TSS tour tech with internal sun visor ,one the best lids Ive used,can put bluetooth in it ,but when im riding the rest of the world can go to hell!!

#22 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:12 am

QUOTE(freedom50 @ Sat 2nd Apr 2011, 01:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ive got a Rjays TSS tour tech with internal sun visor ,one the best lids Ive used,can put bluetooth in it ,but when im riding the rest of the world can go to hell!!

Which is a rebadged Nitro 347 VN. Which I have. Totally agree. One of the best helmets I have owned good.gif

#23 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:04 pm

Selling my new Konda on T-ebay.

E-Bay Link

Decided it is not that good for me, there are some features I love, visibility for one.

But I just dont like the fit on my suede ?

Must have developed a growth of summit ?

So if it sells for £50, It was a £35 experiment !!!

It was worth a try.

Ivan

I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

#24 aircooled68

aircooled68

RTT11 Wales manager

• 1,581 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:11 pm

QUOTE(Geordie Guy @ Sun 3rd Apr 2011, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Selling my new Konda on T-ebay.

E-Bay Link

Decided it is not that good for me, there are some features I love, visibility for one.

But I just dont like the fit on my suede ?

Must have developed a growth of summit ?

So if it sells for £50, It was a £35 experiment !!!

It was worth a try.
Ivan

Hey Ivan, what was the problem with fit??? pressure points? like the look of these

Dave

202323336-M.jpgpost-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#25 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:39 pm

QUOTE(aircooled68 @ Sun 3rd Apr 2011, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Ivan, what was the problem with fit??? pressure points? like the look of these
Dave

Keeps fouling those big chips on his shoulders that he has about BMW's rotflmmfao.gif

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#26 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:50 pm

QUOTE(sidestand @ Sun 3rd Apr 2011, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Keeps fouling those big chips on his shoulders that he has about BMW's rotflmmfao.gif

I have a bag full of chips for that shower of shite !

Dave, I find that its a bit tight on the fore-head, and its not as uniform with the fit, ie its loose around the ears and the back of the head.

Never mind at least it did not cost £389 for the same quality with BM fookin W on it !!!

#27 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:57 pm

All this talk of summer and flip lids got me wanting a flip lid again. I went to a local dealer and spent quite a while with all the helmets he had in Caberg, Shoei, etc, etc. Now I can't comment what they're like when riding but the Shoei multitech was by far the most comfortable, for me, with the either the lid up or down. The other helmets lost their balance when you flipped up the lid where the Shoei felt well balanced and comfortable, that included the Trip and Kondo and a few other makes, some of which didn't even lock in the down position.

So, it's time to grovel to SWMBO and convince her that spending ~£300 (Helmet City) on a new helmet is a good idea and much better than when I spent all that money on the Schuberth S1 Pro last year......

#28 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,736 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:57 pm

I think it's a head shape/shell shape match thing. I have a Konda and it works really well for me in total fit as did the Caberg trip I had before it. Mind you, I don't have the huge frontal lobes that Ivan does.....

2001 TDM. 1990 Serow. 2004 DRZ400.  3 bikes, four cylinders. Who needs more?

Visit My Website

"Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current" Horace.

"A Pint of Plain is Your Only Man"

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#29 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:17 pm

QUOTE(Geordie Guy @ Sun 3rd Apr 2011, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a bag full of chips for that shower of shite !

Dave, I find that its a bit tight on the fore-head, and its not as uniform with the fit, ie its loose around the ears and the back of the head.

Never mind at least it did not cost £389 for the same quality with BM fookin W on it !!!

Careful with the blood pressure Ivan, you'll go up another helmet size !

After trying several flip ups - Caberg Justissimo, BMW system 3, Shark Evoline, I'm convinced that full faced ones give far better ventilation in the summer

Currently got a Shoei XR1000 & a BMW Double R (although the Caberg & Evoline do get a bit of use)

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#30 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:40 pm

Sold it for £50 after 3hrs on e-bay.

I think I will stick with my Caberg Zonda full face which is very comfortable and light.

I also have a justissimo GT which I find noisey and heavy but usable.

No worries about me blood pressure,

only joshing, sidestand.

Cheers, Ivan

#31 wayne

wayne

discovering Carpe

• 17 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:52 am

QUOTE(bigboat0 @ Sun 20th Mar 2011, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking for a new lid, a flip top for the Germany trip with integral sun visor required, not spending £400 on a Schuberth C3 though!

I need bluetooth for the sat nav, there's plenty of cheap Bluetooth helmets on fleabay but want a decent helmet that's watertight & not too noisy, The Shark Evoline II looks the best on paper so far ( need separate Bluetooth cons though!).

Any advice appreciated!

Hey bigboat.

I am also thinking about getting, a evoline helmet, let me know what you think please if you get one, what 's the best prices you've found so far ??

regards

wayne unsure.gif

#32 DeerStalker

DeerStalker

really likes Carpe

• 99 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:40 pm

Evening all

I have an EVO I and II, also several Roof Boxers including the latest Roof Boxer Shadow along with 2 Shoei Multitech's (well thats the flip lids then laugh.gif )

The EVO I was interesting but had problems, the trouble is you can't find these until you actually buy one. The visor scratched easily due to the poor mechanism, the visor was either up or down with no in between. The Helmet let water in when it rained.

EVOII visor doesn't appear to scratch, visor has a ratchet system now and doesn't let MUCH water in, its a great helemt now let down by a heavy weight and not very deep ear phone socket (for speakers). If those points were addressed to me it would be the ultimate helmet.

Boxer Roof V8, I like this helmet a lot in fact I have three! Its perfect for hot weather touring where generally you'll ride with the visor down and chin bar back and only the odd use of the chin bar in place. Lighter than the EVO and better side vision with a 'cooler' look (remember chaps I normally ride a Harley tongue.gif )

Shoei Multitech, a great 'proper' flip but no seconadry visor, doesnt let water in, is fairly light, has a great visor swap mechanism and very good ear pod ( I have two of these, one with Harley speaker kit and one with Autocom for instructional use)

As always, you pays yer money and takes your choice. Now IF I had to have just the one helmet personally I'd take the EVOII
2008 TDM900 (black) Givi 21's & topbox - Bagster/Baglux -heated grips - Zumo 550 - V Strom handguards - SW Motech mirror extenders and bar risers - R&G Bungs - Engine bars - Topsellerie seat - Tigerscreen oh and my other bikes are Harleys :)

Normally found loitering here www.therevcounter.com

#33 NZTDMGUY

NZTDMGUY

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:55 pm

QUOTE(DeerStalker @ Tue 4th Oct 2011, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Evening all

I have an EVO I and II, also several Roof Boxers including the latest Roof Boxer Shadow along with 2 Shoei Multitech's (well thats the flip lids then laugh.gif )

The EVO I was interesting but had problems, the trouble is you can't find these until you actually buy one. The visor scratched easily due to the poor mechanism, the visor was either up or down with no in between. The Helmet let water in when it rained.

EVOII visor doesn't appear to scratch, visor has a ratchet system now and doesn't let MUCH water in, its a great helemt now let down by a heavy weight and not very deep ear phone socket (for speakers). If those points were addressed to me it would be the ultimate helmet.

Boxer Roof V8, I like this helmet a lot in fact I have three! Its perfect for hot weather touring where generally you'll ride with the visor down and chin bar back and only the odd use of the chin bar in place. Lighter than the EVO and better side vision with a 'cooler' look (remember chaps I normally ride a Harley tongue.gif )

Shoei Multitech, a great 'proper' flip but no seconadry visor, doesnt let water in, is fairly light, has a great visor swap mechanism and very good ear pod ( I have two of these, one with Harley speaker kit and one with Autocom for instructional use)

As always, you pays yer money and takes your choice. Now IF I had to have just the one helmet personally I'd take the EVOII

This one? They do pink! rotflmmfao.gif

http://www.helmetboy...setCurrencyId=1

Edited by NZTDMGUY, 03 October 2011 - 08:00 pm.

2008 TDM900 in lovely red
Scorpion cans
Power Commander (under review)

#34 DeerStalker

DeerStalker

really likes Carpe

• 99 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:13 pm

QUOTE(NZTDMGUY @ Mon 3rd Oct 2011, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MMM, yes well not quite but keep taking the pills rotflmmfao.gif

I do of course mean the Shark Evoline II, this is the colour I mine http://www.getgeared...mp;category=109

2008 TDM900 (black) Givi 21's & topbox - Bagster/Baglux -heated grips - Zumo 550 - V Strom handguards - SW Motech mirror extenders and bar risers - R&G Bungs - Engine bars - Topsellerie seat - Tigerscreen oh and my other bikes are Harleys :)

Normally found loitering here www.therevcounter.com

#35 NZTDMGUY

NZTDMGUY

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:36 pm

QUOTE(DeerStalker @ Tue 4th Oct 2011, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MMM, yes well not quite but keep taking the pills rotflmmfao.gif

I do of course mean the Shark Evoline II, this is the colour I mine http://www.getgeared...mp;category=109

Sorry, it was the Harley reference that got me thinking.

Did you see they do pink? Would take a bit of bottle to ride a Harley with a pink helmet rolleyes.gif

Big price difference as well tongue.gif

"Very popular in Asia" dry.gif

Thought it was the Shark. Good looking helmet.
2008 TDM900 in lovely red
Scorpion cans
Power Commander (under review)

#36 bigboat0

bigboat0

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:02 am

QUOTE(wayne @ Mon 3rd Oct 2011, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey bigboat.

I am also thinking about getting, a evoline helmet, let me know what you think please if you get one, what 's the best prices you've found so far ??

regards

wayne unsure.gif

Hi Wayne,

I got the Evo 1, leaked, visor scratched easily, rubber beading kept falling off & needed continual re-glueing but besides that it was ok.

Go for the Evo II if you want to go for one, don't think I'll buy another.

06 TDM 900 - gone but not forgotten.

Triumph Sprint ST1050

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users