34 replies to this topic

#1 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:08 am

I can't find the original thread on this one in Yorkshire, but I was just given this link about the same thing. Quite interesting.
Ali

http://www.leeds-sol...com/bikers.html

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#2 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:29 am

QUOTE(AliG @ Mon 4th Apr 2011, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't find the original thread on this one in Yorkshire, but I was just given this link about the same thing. Quite interesting.
Ali
http://www.leeds-sol...com/bikers.html

A concerted attempt by the brass of the Yorkshire constabulary to stop or deter ride outs maybe? If they win other forces will pick it up I'm sure.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#3 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:01 pm

bloody stupid ranting.gif
working on the same rules i'd be legally responsible for the crashes FatChap and Tiff had last year huh.gif
what a load of bollox, we all know you join a ride out at your own risk
the person incharge of the throttle is responsible for the vehicle! not someone else riding infront or behind them
wankers

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#4 fatchap

fatchap

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • Location:Sunny Blackpool The FORMER home of Premier League Football
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:40 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Mon 4th Apr 2011, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bloody stupid ranting.gif
working on the same rules i'd be legally responsible for the crashes FatChap and Tiff had last year huh.gif
what a load of bollox, we all know you join a ride out at your own risk
the person incharge of the throttle is responsible for the vehicle! not someone else riding infront or behind them
wankers

Hiya TD, On the basis of this report I hold you totally responsible for my "Twat Moment" last year. Prepare to receive the bill!! rotflmmfao.gif

#5 Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:38 pm

Interesting reading

Mk1' R1 gold spot front calipers • HH sintered front pads • FJR1300 front master cylinder • K&N air filter • Factory Pro emulsion tubes • Oxford heated grips • Mirror extenders • KTM handguards • Baglux tank cover and bag. 12v auxiliary socket • Delkevic 2 into 1 exhaust system • Engine guards • Chrome radiator guard • Renthal bars • Touring screen. Optimate and Oil pressure switch/light mod (Leehenty special!) to be fitted. Tom Tom rider V2 europe. GoPro HD Hero. Fenda extender.
Triumph Tiger 955i with stuff added.

#6 Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:43 pm

Not the first attempt at prosecution

Mk1' R1 gold spot front calipers • HH sintered front pads • FJR1300 front master cylinder • K&N air filter • Factory Pro emulsion tubes • Oxford heated grips • Mirror extenders • KTM handguards • Baglux tank cover and bag. 12v auxiliary socket • Delkevic 2 into 1 exhaust system • Engine guards • Chrome radiator guard • Renthal bars • Touring screen. Optimate and Oil pressure switch/light mod (Leehenty special!) to be fitted. Tom Tom rider V2 europe. GoPro HD Hero. Fenda extender.
Triumph Tiger 955i with stuff added.

#7 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:19 pm

Using the CPS logic, one would be fair in assuming the same rules should apply to anyone getting killed or injured during a police chase...........

But I suppose the same exemptions apply as do to killing innocent citizens mistaken for demonstrators !

Edited by sidestand, 04 April 2011 - 04:19 pm.

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#8 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:44 pm

QUOTE(dannyboy @ Mon 4th Apr 2011, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not much for me to disagree with there. However this: "aggressive driving, such as sudden lane changes, cutting into a line of vehicles, or driving much too close to the vehicle in front", could well get a good percentage of bikers nicked for dangerous driving.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#9 negwedar

negwedar

sticking around

• 32 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:05 pm

QUOTE(muddy @ Mon 4th Apr 2011, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
could well get a good percentage of bikers nicked for dangerous driving.

and car drivers, and lorry drivers, and bus drivers and especially taxi drivers. And probably me. Definitely me if I'm honest. hidden.gif

#10 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:54 pm

So how is 'driving through a puddle causing pedestrians to be splashed' classed as dangerous driving, what if a pot hole (and lets be honest they're not uncommon!) is submersed underwater during torrential rain and you unknowingly drive through it and there happens to be someone standing by the side of the road? Don't think you could call that dangerous driving just great entertainment rotflmmfao.gif

Now on 9er number 2 .....

#11 drumwrecker

drumwrecker

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:09 pm

QUOTE(Saga Lout @ Mon 4th Apr 2011, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So how is 'driving through a puddle causing pedestrians to be splashed' classed as dangerous driving, what if a pot hole (and lets be honest they're not uncommon!) is submersed underwater during torrential rain and you unknowingly drive through it and there happens to be someone standing by the side of the road? Don't think you could call that dangerous driving just great entertainment rotflmmfao.gif

That was inconsiderate driving.

Also included is hogging an outside lane and flashing headlight to make him give way Catch 22 anyone?
1953 BSA Bantam, 1960 Ariel Arrow, 1948 Vincent Rapide, 1959 Matchless G11, AJS 250CSR, 1986 BMW K75s, Suzuki 1999 GS500E, 2002 Suzuki SV650, 1991 VFR750 FL, 2007 TDM900

#12 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,770 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:21 pm

What I want to know is how can me tuning the radio (controls on the steering wheel) be dangerous driving?....unless I'm riding the bike alongside the car and tuning it through the open window!

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#13 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:37 pm

Dangerous driving could include:
racing or competitive driving;
disregarding warnings from fellow passengers;
reading a newspaper/map;
aggressive driving, such as sudden lane changes, cutting into a line of vehicles,or driving much too close to the vehicle in front;

Careless driving could include:
driving inappropriately close to another vehicle;
tuning a car radio;
selecting and lighting a cigarette or similar where the driver was avoidably distracted by that use.

Inconsiderate driving could include:
flashing of lights to force other drivers in front to give way;
unnecessarily remaining in an overtaking lane;driving with un-dipped headlights which dazzle oncoming drivers;
driving through a puddle causing pedestrians to be splashed;
driving a bus in such a way as to alarm passengers.

So....Rolling a fag is out of the question then? rotflmmfao.gif
QUOTE(Saga Lout @ Mon 4th Apr 2011, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
or swerving out of the way of the inconsiderate puddle into the oncoming, bike,car bus etc.etc.

Edited by TDMick, 04 April 2011 - 11:39 pm.

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#14 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:58 am

So, in theory, you could get 9,999 bikers charged over injury to 1 biker at the Wooton Bassett charidee rideout !

Yeah, that'd make sense dry.gif

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#15 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:16 am

QUOTE(fatchap @ Mon 4th Apr 2011, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hiya TD, On the basis of this report I hold you totally responsible for my "Twat Moment" last year. Prepare to receive the bill!! rotflmmfao.gif

rolleyes.gif uhmyeah.gif tongue.gif

how's Mrs Angry getting on with her bike? she did get a TDM didnt she?

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#16 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:41 am

QUOTE(trevini @ Mon 4th Apr 2011, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What I want to know is how can me tuning the radio (controls on the steering wheel) be dangerous driving?....unless I'm riding the bike alongside the car and tuning it through the open window!

That's got to be worth trying for a laugh rotflmmfao.gif

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#17 fatchap

fatchap

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • Location:Sunny Blackpool The FORMER home of Premier League Football
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:28 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Tue 5th Apr 2011, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rolleyes.gif uhmyeah.gif tongue.gif
how's Mrs Angry getting on with her bike? she did get a TDM didnt she?

No, she test rode a couple and really liked them but couldn't find one she liked to buy. So she's now got a 1200s Bandit. I must admit I don't like it as much as the TDM, but it goes like sh1t off a shovel and it's far superior to the Bavarian tractor she had before. I think I'll keep off it to hold onto the old licence. laugh.gif

#18 robbieco

robbieco

arrived on last train

• 7 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:25 pm

QUOTE(muddy @ Mon 4th Apr 2011, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A concerted attempt by the brass of the Yorkshire constabulary to stop or deter ride outs maybe? If they win other forces will pick it up I'm sure.

hello to all does this mean if the police follow us they are making me ride faster and are therefore prosecutable when they enevitably stop me for something ? as happened today they tailing bit i mean not a stop and ticket.
unsure.gif

#19 whichwaywasit

whichwaywasit

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:22 am

yes, but what can we do about it

#20 whichwaywasit

whichwaywasit

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:37 am

QUOTE(whichwaywasit @ Fri 27th May 2011, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes, but what can we do about it

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems my "but what can we do about it". Was read as apathy, so I have come back to it.

I believe there are things we can do and should.
I would have hoped for leadership from MCN, BMC or IAMS etc.. But as I suspected, some of these institutions are more about people being up themselves than being genuinely interested in the rights of motorbikers.

It is my opinion that here we have a Chief Constable who is happy to persecute decent law abiding taxpayers in order to advance his own career.(don't give me that shit about its not the police its the CPS, they all piss in the same pot and empty it on our heads). There is very little momentum in a bike. Most third party people hurt or killed, surely must be hurt by momentum. It would be interesting, though quite clearly not in the interest of the police or other road safety stalinists to know how many third party people have been hurt or killed by a motorbike.

I would like to ask which is more criminal. A policeman who damages, maybe destroys (in the case of the persecuted 4?) the innocent tax payer or a policeman that take money from criminals to allow them to go free.

What can we do. We could have a national petition, we could bomdard the members of the relevent police commission with our opinion. We could put in a tenner each and take them to infinity with court costs. Surely our human rights allow us to be in motorcycle clubs and go for club rides.

Why are our self appointed leaders, so quiet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users