Kang

Carpe junky

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:13 pm

QUOTE(apw99 @ Wed 24th Aug 2011, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be fair this is about 30 years ago. For anyone who has visited Dublin they well have gone to the Guinness Brewery and this happened very near tothere. I was walking along the footpath and went to cross a small laneway which led out onto the road. I heard a commotion and turned to see either a very large cow or a bull pass me at great speed, so close I could smell it! When I recovered from the fright I found out that the animal was spooked when brought into O'Keefe the knackers (slaughter-house) about a mile away and had made a get-away. It would have been a tragic way to exit the world being run over by a cow in the middle of Dublin city, if not original rotflmmfao.gif

You think we would have shouted Moooove over. blink.gif
I'll get me coat hidden.gif
It takes Two to Lie Marge, One to Lie and One to Listen

#22 Readmarx

Readmarx

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:06 am

I think the Irish bretheren are leading on this one.... laugh.gif

Last year whilst working in the most miserable office in the world - which is in Salisbury - I was riding to work down the A36 early in March. All through the winter I'd been watching the centre section of a 1 mile stretch deteriorate - i.e. break up completely and removing the wearing course leaving a lengthy series of long potholes. On this particular morning at 50mph behind the usual string of lorries/cars with the same oncoming a truck on the other side veered slightly to his right over the potholes. I saw two chunks of road come at me at a closing speed of 80mph+... The smallest piece struck my right two fingers on the knuckles over the brake lever - the glove armour did its job. The larger 2 inch piece struck me dead centre of the chest in the strernum. That fucking hurt. When I got to work the impact had burst the three layers of the rainsuit I was wearing and started a nice little bruise between my tits. I wrote to the Highways Agency and after a fob off letter and a long pedantic and detailed reply I got compensated for the rainsuit and they quickly did repairs to the road.

I just come back from France and saw a dead cat in the middle of the road. It was squashed completely flat, all four legs outstretched like in the cartoons, it's tail straight out behind it like a steam roller had done its job. I laughed a lot. I'm not fond of cats...

mother nature rides a biker

#23 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:58 am

did you stop for a piss?

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#24 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:51 am

QUOTE(Readmarx @ Tue 30th Aug 2011, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just come back from France and saw a dead cat in the middle of the road. It was squashed completely flat, all four legs outstretched like in the cartoons, it's tail straight out behind it like a steam roller had done its job. I laughed a lot. I'm not fond of cats...

rotflmmfao.gif Must have been an Acme steamroller.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#25 Readmarx

Readmarx

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:45 pm

My missus loves cats. I feigned sympathy when I told her about it. I feel slightly remorseful about that.

I didn't piss on it Tony, unfortunately I had a ferry to catch.

mother nature rides a biker

#26 alunl

alunl

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:42 am

QUOTE(Rallyist @ Wed 17th Aug 2011, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you will find Pete that this is not an unusual occurrence with the current crop of extreme low profile tyres which when punctured at speed get the side-wall cut by the rim.
I think they have run-flat tyres... so some idiot can just carry on driving with a puncture for a short time to get you out of trouble... Bet they didnt notice the tyre was flat and thats how it eventually shredded.
QUOTE(Matlock @ Tue 30th Aug 2011, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rotflmmfao.gif Must have been an Acme steamroller.
Or one of Readmarx's escaped turds rolled over it?
The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
~ Bertrand Russell 1950

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users