57 replies to this topic

#21 Landy

Landy

I should post less and ride more

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:27 pm

I have posted details on the Discovery Owners Club site, lets hope that the further the net is cast the better.
TS50ER, Suzuki GT125, Cagiva 125, Suzuki GT250 20 year gap. Honda CBF600. Discovered the joy of TDM, 1974 GT250 has joined the stable
Vario touring screen, Stainless Steel Rad Guard, Fender Extender (it came off), Givi V46 Topbox (inc brake light), SW-Motech Engine Bars, Wingrack, LED Tail Light
Still in the shed:- BMW Hand Guards, Heated Grips, Aux Lamps.

#22 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:09 pm

QUOTE(Landy @ Fri 30th Mar 2007, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have posted details on the Discovery Owners Club site, lets hope that the further the net is cast the better.

Broadcasting is good good.gif Hope the culprit doesn't panic if he realises he's in a corner, though - not sure what he'd do. Be nice if he just parked the bike somewhere and walked away......?

Edited by Pict, 30 March 2007 - 08:11 pm.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#23 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:30 pm

QUOTE(Pict @ Fri 30th Mar 2007, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Broadcasting is good good.gif Hope the culprit doesn't panic if he realises he's in a corner, though - not sure what he'd do. Be nice if he just parked the bike somewhere and walked away......?

have also posted the details on the SV owners site (lots of people use that site)

also if anyone needs to link to a picture of pauls bike you can use this link http://www.hartsidep...m/paulsbike.jpg

hope this helps

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#24 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:03 pm

QUOTE(Hartside Man @ Fri 30th Mar 2007, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
have also posted the details on the SV owners site (lots of people use that site)
also if anyone needs to link to a picture of pauls bike you can use this link http://www.hartsidep...m/paulsbike.jpg
hope this helps

Thanks HM - was going to rootle around for the pic.

Paul, you won't want to post your own phone number, but which police station number (and case file number if poss.?) should anyone contact with any information?

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#25 paulb

paulb

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 02 April 2007 - 04:45 pm

Guys
Thanks very much for your efforts

PB
PB

Honda CBR1100 xxx
BMW R1150 GSA se 2005
Yamaha WR450f

#26 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:21 pm

Got any number(s) Paul? (see last note)
I take it there are no snippets of news? I have a feeling the coming bank holidays will be a good time to keep a lookout.

#27 paulb

paulb

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 05:26 pm

999 works for me mate

reg number YD56UNU was mine but obviously thats likely to have gone walkies.
The police crime number is:

phone number is 08456060247

thanks

best bit now is insurance are sending a loss adjuster in case its fraud! As if to make my week better.
PB

Honda CBR1100 xxx
BMW R1150 GSA se 2005
Yamaha WR450f

#28 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 06:17 pm

Good luck with the "loss adjuster" (Was this the first example of a politically correct job title? I hate the sickly tweeness of it! ranting.gif )

Will keep a note of the numbers in my wallet - will give the moths something to read rolleyes.gif

#29 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK

Posted 16 April 2007 - 07:06 pm

QUOTE(paulb @ Tue 3rd Apr 2007, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
999 works for me mate

reg number YD56UNU was mine but obviously thats likely to have gone walkies.
The police crime number is:

phone number is 08456060247

thanks

best bit now is insurance are sending a loss adjuster in case its fraud! As if to make my week better.

Any Updates Paul ??

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#30 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 07:06 am

To my shame, I've relaxed on keeping an eye open for signs of the bike.
I even meant to have a word with the folks up at Rivington Barn last weekend about a poster or something, but forgot.
Now would be a good time to revive the watch.
Sorry P.

#31 paulb

paulb

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 01:01 am

not 100%, however a guy called me tonight who's just come back from lemans
met a guy there with a bike that he described as identical to mine.

french plates
guy tells him he hasnt had the bike long and it came new with black wheels. not possible, have double checked and this is not an option, i tried

get this, guy was from yorkshire but has house in france

he didt take a photo, or get number. gutting

the way he described the bike anf the fact the "owner" obviously got the wheels thing wong sounds too coincidental to me
PB

Honda CBR1100 xxx
BMW R1150 GSA se 2005
Yamaha WR450f

#32 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 03:43 am

Very interesting, Paul. Maybe it's just the research scientist in me backing a long shot, but this really worth reporting to the police (backed up by the insurance company) as the unusual details like wheels & cans (as well as the standard ones) must now be on a French database somewhere, and even with some gaps and the English ownership there's enough to draw up a pretty short list of options. Will you go for it? I do hope so. Please keep us posted.

Edited by Pict, 25 April 2007 - 03:45 am.

#33 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:31 am

QUOTE(Pict @ Wed 25th Apr 2007, 04:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very interesting, Paul. Maybe it's just the research scientist in me backing a long shot, but this really worth reporting to the police (backed up by the insurance company) as the unusual details like wheels & cans (as well as the standard ones) must now be on a French database somewhere, and even with some gaps and the English ownership there's enough to draw up a pretty short list of options. Will you go for it? I do hope so. Please keep us posted.

Well worth following up on Paul. According to my Dad, who lives in France, the French are red hot on the registration of bikes. They want to know everything conforms to EU regs and inspect imported bikes very thoroughly. If the bike has been registered in France it will have a comprehesive entry in the French version of DVLC.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#34 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:56 am

Hi Matlock. Thanks for the endorsement - I'd heard the French were thorough, hence my note. If the English fuzz won't pick up on it maybe the French ones will? (via your Dad, Paul, or maybe your local MP in the spirit of the EU?)

#35 Landy

Landy

I should post less and ride more

• 1,387 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:34 am

Sorry to bring things down but how hard is it to get plates made up in France? The reg no could have been cloned. If the amount of trouble they went to nicking the bike is any thing to go by, they are pretty clued up.
TS50ER, Suzuki GT125, Cagiva 125, Suzuki GT250 20 year gap. Honda CBF600. Discovered the joy of TDM, 1974 GT250 has joined the stable
Vario touring screen, Stainless Steel Rad Guard, Fender Extender (it came off), Givi V46 Topbox (inc brake light), SW-Motech Engine Bars, Wingrack, LED Tail Light
Still in the shed:- BMW Hand Guards, Heated Grips, Aux Lamps.

#36 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:20 am

getting plates made up is easy, can get a plate of any reg (including gov plates) for any country you like online rolleyes.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#37 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:40 am

QUOTE(Toneski @ Wed 25th Apr 2007, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
getting plates made up is easy, can get a plate of any reg (including gov plates) for any country you like online rolleyes.gif

I guess it was an assumption that he'd be legit. registered in France. Still worth following up, though.

#38 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:52 am

french forum for bikers in general
they have a "entre aide" section (help eachother)

http://www.lerepaire...r...72&t=128872

some people post their "moto volée" ... bike stolen.
Pict feel upto it?
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#39 TDMalcolm

TDMalcolm

really likes Carpe

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:26 pm

QUOTE(Hartside Man @ Fri 30th Mar 2007, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hope this helps

Sorry to hear about this pualb, B$*T£rds, i hope this helps, just emailed my son who lives down essex way and mixs with lots of young bikers all the details pic's n police tel number, and asked to keep a eye out....you never know!
TDMalcolm

#40 paulb

paulb

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:26 am

News on the bike this weekend

It was recovered by Police from *** Stanks Drive in Sawcliffe Leeds this weekend (under 1/2 mile from where we looked for weeks for it after it was spotted)!

I went to see it yesterday and it hasnt been crashed and looks like its done hardly any miles.

Here are some pics of the effect of boredom on idiots:

What a sad sight
Theyve smashed the clocks for fun, the headlight, clock and headlight brackets, front plastics, screen, brake and clutch reservoirs, levers and also its been dropped very lightly to the left. No key with it either. Just dont know whether to try get it back again.

Bastards

Edited by paulb, 02 October 2007 - 09:37 am.

PB

Honda CBR1100 xxx
BMW R1150 GSA se 2005
Yamaha WR450f

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users