Photo
- - - - -

HELMET : Caberg rhyno (flipup + sun visor)

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:31 pm

http://www.caberg-he...&..._abdfp&xPC=

any user comments on this one?

missus and meself are considering new lids and so far it was the Caberg Justissimo GT or a Schuberth C2
i just added the Caberg after reading the other topic :-)
BMW no longer an option... too pricey
Airoh also less of an option to many nooks and crannies = noise

edit:
been looking on the websites and somehow the Schuberth C2 looks less noisy then the Caberg Justissimo . There's less buttons/gaps/relief/holes to create turbulence...
but the Caberg looks more sophistic shape, where the C2 looks more ... like a blob.
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#2 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:39 pm

QUOTE(Guinness @ Mon 16th Jul 2007, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
missus and meself are considering new lids and so far it was the Caberg Justissimo GT or a Schuberth C2

Mrs TDMTAM has the justissimo GT & likes it alot say it very comfy & not to noisey for a flip up. The buckle on it is a bit like the ones you get on MX boot but with a springloaded action it can be used with light gloves not tried it with winter gloves though. the blue tooth attachment is £149 BTW
I liked the idea of the flip down sun visor but ended up going with the Shoei Multitec
TAM

Edited by TDMTAM, 16 July 2007 - 06:40 pm.

2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#3 BigC

BigC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:44 pm

i presume the rhyno is the replacement for the trip as this isnt featured and the retails for the rhyno is about the same as the old trip.

Twin Carbon Can Co Exhausts, TomTom Rider, Scotoiler, Wingrack 2 with 2xGivi E360 panniers, Monokey Plate / Monolock Plate, E360 topbox / E450 topbox, Fenda Extenda, MRA Vario Touring Screen, Stainless Steel Rad Cover, Top Saddlery Tank Cover, Suzuki DL650 Handguards, Pressure Alert Valve caps

Unused - Blue Tall Screen
"Most of the gear, absolutely no idea!"

#4 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:58 pm

jeez... the Schuberth are nearly as expensive (+-€500) as the BMW helmets (same manufacturer)...

Caberg Justissimo looking more and more appealing

found this link to get a view of whats out there
http://www.motowebsh.../flipup_helmets

Schuberth also make fullface helmets (the non flipups) with the sun visor...
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

get them here

#5 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:00 pm

QUOTE(Guinness @ Mon 16th Jul 2007, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
jeez... the Schuberth are nearly as expensive (+-€500) as the BMW helmets (same manufacturer)...

Caberg Justissimo looking more and more appealing

found this link to get a view of whats out there
http://www.motowebsh.../flipup_helmets

Schuberth also make fullface helmets (the non flipups) with the sun visor...

yeah and they are still way pricey as well

the justissimo is very good value for money and the rhyno is just a rebadged trip (lot less quality and thinner linings than the GT justissimo.

after clattering my justissimo on the deck at ruppertshoffen i am considdering the GT model as a replacement (must get out and try one on soon)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#6 Hawmaw

Hawmaw

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 933 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:37 pm

My mate's got a Caberg Justissimo and hates it cause of the wind noise and draught thru the vents. I've got a Caberg V2 and although it's the comfiest helmet I've had it's also the noisiest and so draughty that I've covered the vents with tape.

I won't be buying another Caberg.

Now : Nowt
Then : Yamaha TDM850 4TX , Suzuki GSF1200N Bandit , Yamaha TDM850 3VD , Yamaha 600 Fazer , Suzuki GSXR750G , Honda CB1100F , BMW R75/5 , Yamaha RD250E , Yamaha XS250 , Kawasaki Z250C , Lambretta GP150 , Vespa 150 Super

#7 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:40 pm

QUOTE(Hawmaw @ Mon 16th Jul 2007, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My mate's got a Caberg Justissimo and hates it cause of the wind noise and draught thru the vents. I've got a Caberg V2 and although it's the comfiest helmet I've had it's also the noisiest and so draughty that I've covered the vents with tape.

I won't be buying another Caberg.

the v2 is the non flip one aint it ?

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#8 Hawmaw

Hawmaw

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 933 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:12 am

QUOTE(Hartside Man @ Mon 16th Jul 2007, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the v2 is the non flip one aint it ?

Yes , but the point I'm trying to make is that both the flip and the traditional style seem to be draughty. Maybe something to do with the style of vents and the position of them. Possibly a flaw that runs throughout the range.

Now : Nowt
Then : Yamaha TDM850 4TX , Suzuki GSF1200N Bandit , Yamaha TDM850 3VD , Yamaha 600 Fazer , Suzuki GSXR750G , Honda CB1100F , BMW R75/5 , Yamaha RD250E , Yamaha XS250 , Kawasaki Z250C , Lambretta GP150 , Vespa 150 Super

#9 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:35 am

sorry hawmaw, but i dont agree with that
i've had both versions of the justissimo before the current model and they arent draughty at all
my OGK lid and my old arai are much worse

my main comment on the later caberg i have was to do with lack of ventilation, not too much

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#10 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 03:37 pm

tried on a Schuberth C2 and an Airoh SV55 luxe.

C2, comfy, not to happy about the chinbit release button being on the side.
ears arent squished, plenty of room for putting in earphones/plugs
lots of snug patches to keep the wind out, so snug they are annoying when opening the lid. you get a free nosewhipe when you flip up the chinpiece.
quality feel ... hence the price.

SV55 ...
comfy; good price; chinpiece and sunvisor easy to operate with (summer)gloves.
but the other ventilation button on top of the helmet is very hard to operate. front one is ok, looked like it had 3 positions... although i think only 2 are intended.
the air intake on the chinpiece has some sort of valve thing that when closed while open just by the riding wind... intentional?

anyway...
next the Justissimo... had a search on the net and found a shop that sells them.

get them here

#11 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:37 pm

QUOTE(Guinness @ Tue 17th Jul 2007, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyway...
next the Justissimo... had a search on the net and found a shop that sells them.

methinks you will like it banana.gif

I like tony have not found the justissimo at all draughty, granted it is a little noisy but certainly not draughty. and the visor coating works well to stop fogging.

now i must get off my arse and go look at a GT version.

#12 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 01:41 pm

QUOTE(Hartside Man @ Tue 17th Jul 2007, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
now i must get off my arse and go look at a GT version.

just been and bought one cool.gif a matt black one yahoo.gif

and the new bluetooth kit ph34r.gif

£285 for the bundle, saw the lid for a tenner less on ebay but i wanted to try it on so bought in shop instead

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#13 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:58 pm

certainly a lot of praise for the Caberg Justy GT ... but no red one.. whats with all the blue in all the brands????
my BMW helmet is certainly not the most silent helmet, so doubt the Justy will be louder.

Tony,
lettuce snow how that bluetooth turns out...

wondering if you can communicate with other "helmets" ... hows that gonna work to "allow" the connection?

get them here

#14 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:01 pm

QUOTE(Guinness @ Fri 20th Jul 2007, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
certainly a lot of praise for the Caberg Justy GT ... but no red one.. whats with all the blue in all the brands????
my BMW helmet is certainly not the most silent helmet, so doubt the Justy will be louder.
Tony,
lettuce snow how that bluetooth turns out...

wondering if you can communicate with other "helmets" ... hows that gonna work to "allow" the connection?

bluetooth appears good
sound is fine up until 70mph-ish
after that they could still here me, but i couldnt get the speaker loud enough to understand them(but my hearing is shite anyway)

My TDM :

#15 Wrant

Wrant

sticking around

• 37 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 22 July 2007 - 12:03 am

My answer may be getting boring now

Is the sun visor certified like sunglasses. If not are you risking your sight through a piece of dark plastic.

Would you wear a pair of sunglasses made of dark plastic or would you insist on CE quality?

Wrant good.gif

#16 shacks

shacks

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 63 posts
  • TDM model: 1995

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:30 pm

Hi I'm new to the web site and was just browsing but saw this... I have had a Caberg V2 which was really bad for wind noise and then went for the schurth s2 which is the non flip one.

This I got as abargin new off ebay £180 and it is quieter. However i would say it depends on your head shape , vents and your height of screen. After buying this lid it made no real difference to noise (still use ear plugs) but I had a touring screen o my previous bike (deauville) and it was diverting the wind onto my head, went back to orginal screen ...problem solved so not really the helmet.

Anyway I have a mark 1 TDM now..and i'm 6 2 so find it quite uncomfortable at any speed over 70mph. Any idea on screens to add protection but avoid putting air on head ??

Cheers Mark

#17 Landy

Landy

I should post less and ride more

• 1,387 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 25 August 2007 - 11:00 am

Hi Shacks, there has been loads of discussion and debate about screens, high, low, holes, wings, spacers, its probably best for you to do a search on screen's then when you have digested the reams of info start a new thread if you still have questions. Good Luck.

Edited by Landy, 25 August 2007 - 11:00 am.

TS50ER, Suzuki GT125, Cagiva 125, Suzuki GT250 20 year gap. Honda CBF600. Discovered the joy of TDM, 1974 GT250 has joined the stable
Vario touring screen, Stainless Steel Rad Guard, Fender Extender (it came off), Givi V46 Topbox (inc brake light), SW-Motech Engine Bars, Wingrack, LED Tail Light
Still in the shed:- BMW Hand Guards, Heated Grips, Aux Lamps.

#18 RevvinKevin

RevvinKevin

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 53 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:21 am

Whatever you do DON'T buy the Nolan version. It has an external flip down visor. This traps dirt between it and your main visor and scratches the main visor to shreds.
However it is quieter than my old Caberg.
But it still ain't quiet.
Honda SS50(4 speed), Honda CB 125S, Honda CB550K3, Laverda Mirage 1200, Kawasaki GPZ550, Kawasaki GPz550 (Unitrak), Yamaha 600 Diversion, Yamaha TDM 900, Yamaha XT660, Honda ST1300, Yamaha FZ6 Fazer

#19 aytcat1

aytcat1

has been here 4ever

• 1,093 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:30 am

I got the Caberg Trip which as been rebadged the Rhyno why that is dont know

Had this helmet since spring and overall im quite pleased with it the inner tinted visor as been a real benefit as i leave for work riding into the sun in the mornings cool.gif
It can be a bit noisy but so was my FM helmet,i did block the two out side air vents off from the inside as sometimes when turned my head it use to make strange noises,Outer visor anti mist works well.Cause of my touring yamaha screen it does cause the visor to rattle slightly but changing seating position slightly stops that.
Would i buy another Caberg yea i would smile.gif

Edited by aytcat1, 01 August 2008 - 06:05 pm.

#20 bobalob5

bobalob5

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 139 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 02 September 2007 - 02:18 pm

I have gone for the SHOEI MULTITECH which is quiet for a flip and came with a legal smoke visor aswell as a clear visor and a pinlock anti-mist strip (these work great, got one on my ARAI too) and I am well pleased with its performance so far. The cost was £250 after a 10% discount from Millenium Motorcycles at St Helens, Mersyside. smile.gif

Bob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users