• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bopster

bopster

seems to like Carpe

• 45 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:26 pm

According to my parts list for my TDM900 the smaller of the O rings for my oil filter cover

is 93210-12790 which I ordered for my local Yamaha dealer, however when I got it it appears

to be to big, Have Yamaha got the part number wrong or what? (see Picture).Attached File  oil filter o ring.jpg   120.69KB   2 downloads

Kickstarts ! Remember them ?

#2 Apache

Apache

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:35 pm

According to my parts list for my TDM900 the smaller of the O rings for my oil filter cover
is 93210-12790 which I ordered for my local Yamaha dealer, however when I got it it appears
to be to big, Have Yamaha got the part number wrong or what? (see Picture).attachicon.gif oil filter o ring.jpg

Your part number is correct. It's never changed across the 850's and 900's. Must have been picked wrong at the distribution centre..just coincidence but it happened to me with some Renault truck parts on Monday. Correct part number on bag..wrong part inside.

#3 bopster

bopster

seems to like Carpe

• 45 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:39 pm

Could be, will pop back to dealers to see what they say, thanks for the reply.

#4 TDM4ever

TDM4ever

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:10 am

Your part number is correct. It's never changed across the 850's and 900's. Must have been picked wrong at the distribution centre..just coincidence but it happened to me with some Renault truck parts on Monday. Correct part number on bag..wrong part inside.

Can confirm that PN is correct, having just bought 30 pcs.(!) from an outboard motor dealer, MUCH cheaper than buying from a motorcycle dealer (the o-ring is used in many Yamaha creations..).

#5 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:04 am

Can confirm that PN is correct, having just bought 30 pcs.(!) from an outboard motor dealer, MUCH cheaper than buying from a motorcycle dealer (the o-ring is used in many Yamaha creations..).

That rings a bell. I have a DT 230 Lanza, 2t 90's trailie.Whenever I google motor parts the top hits are outboards, US websites. I've avoided buying these outboard parts for my bike, bikes and boats are different, so the engines must be, right? Yeah, nah, I should have more faith in Japanese part numbers, the engines all work the same. Very valid post.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#6 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 01 August 2018 - 05:41 pm

Too big for what boppy? Remember there is a collar what goes in dare and the o ring fits to the collar.

If it fits noice on collar = right oring. If don't fit noice on collar = booger
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#7 bopster

bopster

seems to like Carpe

• 45 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:05 pm

You may be right dapleb I don't have a spare collar to see if it fits but if the collar fits

in the slot then it looks like the O ring would fit over and both the collar and O ring would

sit proud of the face, unlike the large O ring which sits in the recess. 

#8 MarkH

MarkH

sticking around

• 24 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:43 pm

Similar question about the small o-ring, but for a 12/1991 built TDM. 

The Haynes manual (circa 2000) calls for one, but the parts list that I have, 3VD_92.pdf, doesn't show one.  A 1994 parts list don't show a small o-ring either.  A 1996 service manual does call for the small o-ring.

The last full service was by a Yamaha dealer, and when I opened it up today, there was no o-ring present, it appears to be simply two machined surfaces with no o-ring or gasket and two bolts. The later models appear to a collar insert with the o-ring on the outside.

So, the question, do the old 850's use any kind of sealing, and if so, what's the correct part number?  TIA

Mark

Edit:  I believe I have answered my own question.  Searched the PDF with the o-ring part number and found it as item 32 in the oil pump parts and item 31 is the collar.  The exploded drawing has them in an odd position but there you go.  It looks like the collar has gone missing at some point in the dim past, so I need to find one of those as well as the o-ring.

Edited by MarkH, 12 October 2018 - 09:57 pm.

#9 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:06 am

Scroll down the page Mark.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#10 MarkH

MarkH

sticking around

• 24 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:17 pm

Thanks for the reply, but sometimes, it's just way better to be lucky than good.

The collar and the old o-ring were at the bottom of the pan I drained the oil into :lol: .  They must have dropped in while I was fiddling with the old oil filter.

A couple of new O-rings and good to go! Thanks again.

Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users