4 replies to this topic

#1 MikeD

MikeD

discovering Carpe

• 12 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 09 April 2019 - 06:25 pm

Hi,

I have a TDM 900 that i think may need new, or perhaps wrapped leads. My preference is to replace but I can't see how the cable is connected to the actual coil pack. I gather i need 7mm copper core cable, will the plug end also come apart OK too?

Cheers

Mike

#2 Andy25

Andy25

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:10 pm

I would imagine the Lead will just unscrew like it does on the 850 coil
It really is simple to replace the leads and cheapAttached File  20190409_210423.jpg   42.19KB   1 downloads

Andy

#3 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,742 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:44 am

You can see in the pic what is an inverted self tapper style screw  at the bottom of the hole, just screw the lead out but dont overtighten when you replace , snug up nice and leave alone.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,211 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:09 am

Plug end also screws/unscrews. :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#5 MikeD

MikeD

discovering Carpe

• 12 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 10 April 2019 - 02:26 pm

Thank you everyone, really appreciate the advice and pictures. I have ordered some copper core HT cable and will give it a go at the weekend. Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users