#21 Doc

Doc

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:58 pm

QUOTE(Baron @ Sun 27th Apr 2008, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thought you'd have been okay provided you backed your TomTom up to your PC first as the new installation suggests.

So did I, but the internal memory was TRASHED, and it wouldn't restore or anything. It didn't come with a card, so I transferred my backup to the SD card from my camera, and that worked fine. (Boot order is Card => internal memory) BUT it was much slower than using the internal memory, so I wanted it fixed.

In the end TomTom renewed the main board.

Guess I should have a go. I can always go back to using a card if it breaks again.

#22 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:40 am

Tried out the TomTom update today on an early morning jaunt around the Lake District. All seemed to work OK, apart from the audible speeding warning which beeps every time you exceed the limit. It beeped rather a lot this morning, until I found out how to switch it off biggrin.gif Another neat feature is the 'Trip Statistics' page, which informs me I did 198 miles this morning, averaging 42mph. Pretty good considering I crossed the Hardknott & Wrynose passes (average speed 1mph, average heartrate 200 bpm blink.gif ). Be warned though, it also shows the maximum speed you reached on the trip. Not sure if it can be used in evidence in a court of law. rolleyes.gif . Mrs Matlock wasn't impressed though, I can tell you punishment.gif

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#23 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:51 pm

With 6 points already I'm thinking I might leave that little pinger on rolleyes.gif

Forgot about the trip statistics. Just looked at mine and shocked to see 136 miles in 3:30, average of 38mph, and a max of 78. Seems I was being excessively restrained today. Main suprise is that 136 miles. My odometer reckoned 149 miles, makes sense I suppose that if the speedo reads 10% high then the milage is likely to be 10% low, but it means my fuel consumption isn't as good as I thought sad.gif

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#24 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:09 pm

There you go - I always said a TDM was 45mpg.......MAX laugh.gif

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#25 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:18 pm

QUOTE(Matlock @ Mon 5th May 2008, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tried out the TomTom update today on an early morning jaunt around the Lake District. All seemed to work OK, apart from the audible speeding warning which beeps every time you exceed the limit. It beeped rather a lot this morning, until I found out how to switch it off biggrin.gif Another neat feature is the 'Trip Statistics' page, which informs me I did 198 miles this morning, averaging 42mph. Pretty good considering I crossed the Hardknott & Wrynose passes (average speed 1mph, average heartrate 200 bpm blink.gif ). Be warned though, it also shows the maximum speed you reached on the trip. Not sure if it can be used in evidence in a court of law. rolleyes.gif . Mrs Matlock wasn't impressed though, I can tell you punishment.gif

Even if it does show your max speed... it doesn't show where you were at the time does it?

Just have to say that you were on private property at the time (a friend's personal airstrip? tongue.gif )
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#26 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:34 pm

QUOTE(sidestand @ Mon 5th May 2008, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There you go - I always said a TDM was 45mpg.......MAX laugh.gif

Based on that mileage I still got 52mpg today. Weren't exactly caning it though.

QUOTE(tdm850rider @ Mon 5th May 2008, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even if it does show your max speed... it doesn't show where you were at the time does it?

Just have to say that you were on private property at the time (a friend's personal airstrip? tongue.gif )

Does if you've Tripmaster running as well unsure.gif

Edited by ChrisG, 05 May 2008 - 10:35 pm.

2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

#27 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:37 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Mon 5th May 2008, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With 6 points already I'm thinking I might leave that little pinger on rolleyes.gif

Forgot about the trip statistics. Just looked at mine and shocked to see 136 miles in 3:30, average of 38mph, and a max of 78. Seems I was being excessively restrained today. Main suprise is that 136 miles. My odometer reckoned 149 miles, makes sense I suppose that if the speedo reads 10% high then the milage is likely to be 10% low, but it means my fuel consumption isn't as good as I thought sad.gif

the garmin zumo has a raft of nifty features that tomtom seem to be adding, tis a pity garmin don't come up with a mapshare idea huh.gif probably only a matter of time before they do.

I like the speed warnings on the garmin good.gif if your a good boy and under the posted limmit it bongs twice then dont activate again in that area, however if your over the limit it bongs every few seconds until you drop your speed.

this is easily knocked off is you wish but i really like it's method and it works great . good.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#28 Baron

Baron

has been here 4ever

• 1,076 posts
  • Location:Drum Castle (well, next door), Kincardineshire.....well, I am a Baron!

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:04 am

Anyone ever taken a satnav onto an airoplane to see what it does? tongue.gif laugh.gif
Gone but not forgotten: 2007 TDM900ABS Competition White, datatagged, fenda extenda, tomtom rider 1, Yamaha main stand, Yamaha heated grips, HID headlights, Yamaha top box & city side cases, MRA Vario screen, CLS200 automatic chain oiler, Yamaha belly pan, DL650 handguards, Gi-Pro X gear indicator, SW-Motech Mirror Extensions, LED side light, Stebel Nautilus AIR HORN!!!!!

(1974....KTM Comet Cross, RD250B, XS750, Wife & kids, DT175, Suzuki GT500, XT500, XT500 (modified), ZX-10 (the 1st one!), Yamaha TT600R, Suzuki GT750B, GT750K, '04 TDM900, GSX1100F, '07 TDM900A, '06 FJR1300A

#29 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:27 pm

QUOTE(Baron @ Tue 6th May 2008, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone ever taken a satnav onto an airoplane to see what it does? tongue.gif laugh.gif

actually i have rolleyes.gif

mio map on a pda with a seperate bluetooth very sensetive reciever

it tracks you beatifully (mio map can display track info speed and height) on our way to tenerife we were crusing at 550 mph and at 33,000 feet it was really interesting to see how quickly the line was drawing on the display (especially when zoomed in to a small scale)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#30 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:10 pm

Has anyone had any trouble with mobile phones since the update? Mine connects to my Sony Erricson, if someone calls me I get the icon and riging noise, I can ring dial out via Tomtom and the phone does connect, but I get no audio with the caller. I've tried deleting and re-pairing but that's not made any difference.

I'm glad I made a backup of my card before I installed the upgrade, I've just gone back to the previous version and it works fine!

Edited by ChrisG, 07 May 2008 - 08:05 pm.

#31 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:13 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Wed 7th May 2008, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone had any trouble with mobile phones since the update? Mine connects to my Sony Erricson, if someone calls me I get the icon and riging noise, I can ring dial out via Tomtom and the phone does connect, but I get no audio with the caller. I've tried deleting and re-pairing but that's not made any difference.

I'm glad I made a backup of my card before I installed the upgrade, I've just gone back to the previous version and it works fine!

I've got a Sony Ericsson too and since the upgrade I have received a couple of calls without problems, but I haven't made any calls via TT.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#32 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:50 pm

Which one? Mines a K770. Might try again with the updated version and make sure I've removed the phone from it before turning it all on, but I've also realised that Tripmaster no longer shows up in the menu, it'll run if I use a custom menu, but then I can't use some of the new features as I don't know the item names to put them in the custom menu. rolleyes.gif

#33 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:56 am

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Wed 7th May 2008, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which one? Mines a K770.

Mine's a K510i. I made a call via TT this morning, no problem, I could hear them and they could hear me.

Follow me on twitter

#34 Doc

Doc

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 10:02 pm

Bugger - just tried to update, and my TomTom memory is trashed again. There must be a fault with the USB port or something on my PC, cause that's the second time it's happened. ranting.gif

Last time it took a month to get TomTom to take it back, and it needed a new main board. Now it's out of warranty, so I guess I'll just have to run it from the SD card in future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users