13 replies to this topic

#1 celticbiker

celticbiker

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:50 am

As mentioned elsewhere I've had to get a new bike and was not looking forward to the hassle of changing the insurance from a TDM to a Fazer but....

A quote from Compare the market got me £67 with a little interpretation of facts.

Phoned Bennetts and asked to change the policy to a different bike and was quoted £130 with all the same details but a new bike.

Referenced the online quote and he looked at it and with a few alterations to bring it closer to reality and it came out at £87.

He waived the cancellation fee of the old policy and gave me a refund of £111.

Save any hassle he took the cost of the new policy out of the refund. All sorted in 10 minutes.

So a big thank you

And a well done from me

:good:  :clapping:

Edited by celticbiker, 23 November 2016 - 11:51 am.

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste

(x'.'x) bunny onto your page to help

(")-(") him gain world domination!

#2 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 23 November 2016 - 01:39 pm

Well Done Bennetts Insurance ??????

What? eh? This is fake news shurely?

I understand and share your relief at not having to shell out a FULL £130, but you seem to have forgotten (very quickly btw), that you were quoted £130 in the first place and then had the sum reduced at the click of a mouse.

When is your renewal due?

TOP TIP - start looking around a month before the renewal date and if you then choose to move on, cancel the Bennetts policy in person and confirm cancellation.

Why? Bennetts IME are known for their x2 renewal figures and auto, (no authority or notice) policy renewals.

Get ready for your next renewal quote. Hedsplode time!!

Bennetts - down there with Hagon shocks.

#3 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,514 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 23 November 2016 - 04:14 pm

Things have worked OK for me with Bennetts too, including an acceptable arrangement upon a change of bike. But you do have to negotiate at renewal. Nowadays, that is OK by me as it seems to be inevitable. (It's my car which caused me great angst this year with no room to manoeuvre, increasing worries about becoming ever more aged. Not much I can do about that!)
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#4 RolfieB

RolfieB

has been here 4ever

• 1,069 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:22 pm

Well Done Bennetts Insurance ??????

What? eh? This is fake news shurely?

I understand and share your relief at not having to shell out a FULL £130, but you seem to have forgotten (very quickly btw), that you were quoted £130 in the first place and then had the sum reduced at the click of a mouse.

When is your renewal due?

TOP TIP - start looking around a month before the renewal date and if you then choose to move on, cancel the Bennetts policy in person and confirm cancellation.

Why? Bennetts IME are known for their x2 renewal figures and auto, (no authority or notice) policy renewals.

Get ready for your next renewal quote. Hedsplode time!!

Bennetts - down there with Hagon shocks.

Yep! happened to me & I hadn't received notice of renewal price. Price more than doubled even with an extra years NCB. I didn't even know it was auto renewal, but apparently I would have been told  :putemup:

Edited by RolfieB, 23 November 2016 - 07:23 pm.

Now I just fly everywhere.

Be yourself, because everybody else is taken.

Gone to new owner.

Black Mk2a

PipeWerx Exhaust, Gold Spots, Goodridge Hoses, Scottoiler,Oil Pressure Indicator, Nippy Normans fuze box,Touratech Handguards,Oxford Heated Grips, Power Socket, Hard Wiring for Sat Nav, Gear Indicator built into the rev counter. Givi E50 Top box & E21 side cases, Bagster Tank Cover & Bag.

#5 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:26 pm

Yep! happened to me & I hadn't received notice of renewal price. Price more than doubled even with an extra years NCB.

Thought so. Thanks for covering my back. My memory seems fine, I just seem to not place enough confidence in it.

Didn't the Bennetts "x2 / no notice" debacle reach the motorcycle press a year or two back? (says the man who hasn't bought a mag for over 8 years)

#6 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:34 pm

Quite a few seem to be auto renewal these days.  I'm with Swinton, they started sending me txt reminders 4 weeks before my renewal was due, also phoned me twice and have sent me my next years quote by mail.  Came through at £15 less than my current policy. :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#7 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 24 November 2016 - 12:44 am

the cost of adding my TDM to my classic policy? zero, nowt, nada!

that's service

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#8 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,676 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:03 am

Most policies are auto renewal I've noticed.

My Bennets policy is and it says so in the documentation.

Got a policy sorted out for my daughter recently and at the 'click to pay' screen it mentions the date when the policy will be automatically renewed (also Bennets)

P'raps they've changed their ways recently.

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#9 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,514 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:50 am

Mine are auto renew. Last year I wrote and emailed to say don't AUTO renew (as a safeguard for me). They did not read it properly and took it as policy to be cancelled at expiry. There followed some kerfuffle getting that back on track. Won't do that again.
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#10 Apache

Apache

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:00 pm

They're almost always auto renew with no opt out at the time of purchase. Stick a reminder on your phone to call and cancel auto renew 30 days after policy start date. They can't refuse to remove it.

#11 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,514 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:58 pm

Bennetts are part of Saga group now so no doubt they've got targets to meet - somehow/anyhow.

#12 redrex

redrex

really likes Carpe

• 84 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 07 May 2017 - 02:36 pm

Just insured mine with Bennets, £76.25 for the year fully comp with 0 ncd. Bit of a kerfuffle after the website wouldn't accept any of my cards for payment, had to got through the process over the phone but I got there in the end. Also taxed it, which cost more than the bloody insurance !

#13 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,514 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 06:36 pm

Bennetts have just done well for me too - after being leant on. First came up with £26 more so I sent them away to do better and they achieved a £10 reduction - £86. You do have to work for it.

#14 filo

filo

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 08 May 2017 - 02:09 pm

I was told that all insurance policies now auto renew unless you opt out...Some European directive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users