6 replies to this topic

#1 divvxj

divvxj

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:15 am

work mates have been on about codi , so i bit the bullet and bought a box , the remote that comes with it is pretty crap , i spend ages trying to spell but I can see the out a name so I bought a keyboard , I am waiting on that , but I can see the benefits , my son has something similar so he has been helping me navigate round the apps , hopefully I can  get through the dross to get to what I want , any thing to reduce the Sky bill , any one else on here got a box

#2 Latestarter

Latestarter

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:30 am

I've had a Kodi box for over 12 months and saved a fortune in films etc. I use one of these and find it very easy to navigate much better that the little one which comes with the original box.

https://www.ebay.co....tm/222224277068

2003 TDM900 in Galaxy Blue with 32k on the clock

Scottolier, TDM Gel Saddle, Blue HEL Brake Line Upgrade Feeding Blue Spot Callipers. Air Intake Mod,

Oxford Heated Grips, Polisport Handguards, RM-G Crash bars & Centre Stand, Givi
Touring & Double Bubble Screens, Bar Risers, Renthal 755 Riser Bars,
Givi E22N Panniers & Top Box, Clear Indicator Lens Conversation, Clear LED Rear Light Conversion, Mirror Extenders, TDM Stainless Radiator Cover and Stainless Screen Screws, SP Performance Carbon Tri-Oval Cans,
HID Headlight Upgrade, DRL Spotlights and Still Spending But Dont Tell The Wife!!

#3 tdmpaul

tdmpaul

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:00 pm

i couldnt live without mine but bought a android keybourd from fleabay for a tenner, sorted.

#4 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 4,394 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:27 pm

I have an android TV so I installed Kodi on that. Kodi is a PITA to set up the first time you do it (vids how to on youtube), one can of course buy Kodi enabled boxes that are already Fully Loaded

I also sideloaded Mobdro (any android device/phone and maybe cast to TV instead, vids how to on youtube) and then installed HAL to open Mobdro (vids how to on youtube). Mobdro is a PoP to use - simples :clapping: May drop out occasionally and updates are frequent.

I also, ahem, hear one can stream from www.thedaretelly.com and even when the site says the movie/box-set/show has been deleted just click on Extra Links and the stuff you wanted is probably available. Sometimes quality is poor but is generally good. :P

As for YIFY-torrent.org, I hear if the torrent link doesn't work, use the Magnet instead to get your movie :good:

ALL at your OWN risk. If ya aint competent/confident get the kid who's dad/brother etc. used to sell fully functioning Sky Boxes

Edited by Favs, 27 November 2016 - 11:32 am.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#5 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:50 pm

Might depend on the device you're running it on (I have Kodi on a Raspberry Pi), but the Yatse remote on an android phone does a great job of controlling it.

https://play.google....etfree&hl=en_GB

I have a usb hard drive attached to the Pi and use it to stream video and audio files from the drive to the telly, plus occasional youtube vids and the Ted Talks app is great http://kodicommunity...tall-ted-talks/

Genesis is supposed to be good for streaming video of dubious legality if you're in to that kind of thing.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#6 divvxj

divvxj

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:43 pm

I've had a Kodi box for over 12 months and saved a fortune in films etc. I use one of these and find it very easy to navigate much better that the little one which comes with the original box.

https://www.ebay.co....tm/222224277068

that's the one I went for

I have an android TV so I installed Kodi on that. Kodi is a PITA to set up the first time you do it (vids how to on youtube), one can of course buy Kodi enabled boxes that are already Fully Loaded

I also sideloaded Mobdro (any android device/phone and maybe cast to TV instead, vids how to on youtube) and then installed HAL to open Mobdro (vids how to on youtube). Mobdro is a PoP to use - simples :clapping: May drop out occasionally and updates are frequent.

I also, ahem, hear one can stream from www.thedaretelly.com and even when the site says the movie/box-set/show has been deleted just click on Extra Links and the stuff you wanted is probably available. Sometimes quality is poor but is generally good. :P

As for YIYF-torrent.org, I hear if the torrent link doesn't work, use the Magnet instead to get your movie :good:

ALL at your OWN risk. If ya aint competent/confident get the kid who's dad/brother etc. used to sell fully functioning Sky Boxes

son with the help of you tube set up a lot of stuff for me , went on you tube and watched a lot of tutorials but at the time a lot (meaning everything) went over my head , just waiting on the NHL to come on

#7 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:30 pm

I use Mobdro for MotoGP - drops out occasionally but way better than trying to view it with Kodi

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users