#1 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:01 pm

Could be on for a getaway from Tuesday, so if it happens i'm heading North, plenty of info on here about Scotland but i'll be going where ever me wheels take me, dont like to plan, so will be  winging it.............however can anyone tell me what the B&B situation is likely to be next week, mega busy !! am i likely to struggle to find somewhere this time of year ( dont think the kids are out till wed)  should i be packing my camping gear, would prefer not to if possible..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#2 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:44 pm

Avoid Glasgow as the commonwealth games start on Wednesday
Tam
2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#3 steve27bha

steve27bha

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:45 pm

Most if not all of Scotland is on school holidays now & has been for two weeks.

Steer clear of Glasgow and surrounds - the Commonwealth Games start Wed and accommodation is scarce and roads may be restricted or closed.

Do a search for B&Bs to judge their prices and availability in the areas you are going - this will count as high season and single rooms will be in short supply, I'd guess.

How about using hostels - either genuine SYHA ones or private?

Be prepared for a mobile not to work in some areas up north if you will depend on that to book ahead.

Whatever - come and enjoy.

TDM900A 2008/09 in use, with     gallery_179098_391_770.jpg sml_gallery_179098_391_1145.jpg  gallery_179098_391_1206.jpg gallery_179098_391_253.jpg gallery_179098_391_82.jpg gallery_179098_391_725.gif gallery_179098_391_797.jpg gallery_179098_391_1396.jpg gallery_179098_391_501.jpg gallery_179098_391_316.jpg  gallery_179098_391_1768.jpg gallery_179098_391_106.jpggallery_179098_391_2170.jpg gallery_179098_391_1373.jpg

CBX750FE in reserve; Cagiva N90 125 now rebuilt & in use.

#4 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:02 pm

Assuming i can get away and it's looking hopeful it will be Tuesday, will by pass Glasgow up the M8 coming of at Old Kirkpatrick and onwards, or may decide to run parrallel to the M74,  am aware of the Commonwealth games and the SYHA hostels, but imagine they could be as busy as B&B's, think i may end up taking the tent seeing how the kids broke up in Scotland already.

Already searched prices which range from £25 to £50-60, which is fine, looks like it may have to be plan B though  :) Camping or wild camping.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#5 Gasman

Gasman

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:12 pm

If you have the stamina get up to Ullapool and above beautiful countryside, brilliant roads and little traffic.

#6 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:53 pm

If you have the stamina get up to Ullapool and above beautiful countryside, brilliant roads and little traffic.

Shall be going Gasman and beyond to infinity.. :D

#7 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,177 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:58 pm

Going up to the highlands wednesday for 5 dayssssssssssssssssssssss

yes canna wait, what type accommodation, for how many, you after and where you heading?

#8 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:07 pm

Yes and tell him what it's like trying to get a bed at this time of year :tdown: Dablik PM me your Moby No and we'll see if we can help while were up there :good: were up there Wed-Sunday have a goodun! :badgerrock:

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

#9 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:40 pm

Hiya chaps, will defo be going to Applecross  and on to Ullapool and onwards....Lochinver is a good possibilty, that's a general direction, hate planning and much prefer to end up where ever me wheels take me, ya know, a right turn here, a left there......think i'll ere on the side of caution and throw the camping gear on though..

Jono will send a pm.

#10 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:49 pm

If you're camping and using satnav download Archie's POI file.  Used it all round France and the Alps the other year and the only time it let us down was a campsite that had closed but it found us another one a few miles away

http://www.archiescampings.eu/eng1/

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#11 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:57 pm

Cheers Chris, Satnav is copilot on the phone but doubt i'll be using it much, will have a look at that site though.

#12 divvxj

divvxj

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:17 pm

avoid if possible the a9 , effing vulture speed cams , plus caravans and other slow twats doing 45 :rant:

#13 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:41 pm

Cheers divvxj for the heads up, will avoid for sure..

#14 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:08 pm

Can't help with accommodation advice, but have a great time Cliff - don't forget the pics :good:

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#15 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:38 am

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/

for all kknds of info., region by region.
Great site

Edited by Pict, 21 July 2014 - 02:55 am.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#16 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:32 am

Okay i'm on, would prefer to leave around 3am  :D but as Swmbo has to work i got the evil eye when i mentioned it, so looks like a late start around 6 or 7am  :(

Thanks Chris, Pict love that site, will be having a look at it, i may decide to find a camping spot and use it as a base as i only have a few days anyway..

Will grab a couple of photo's for sure, but i aint no David Bailey..

#17 Gasman

Gasman

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:51 pm

[quote name="dablik" post="300384" timestamp="1405888805"]Hiya chaps, will defo be going to Applecross  and on to Ullapool and onwards....Lochinver is a good possibilty, that's a general direction, hate planning and much prefer to end up where ever me wheels take me, ya know, a right turn here, a left there......think i'll ere on the side of caution and throw the camping gear on though..

If I remember rightly Lochinver is the one with the big pie shop that sells every kind of pie you can think of, or am I confused with somewhere else?

#18 SteveT

SteveT

discovering Carpe

• 13 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:55 pm

Applecross Games this weekend coming (I think - read it somewhere), so think about wild camping on the penninsular, as the camping grounds may well be full.

Speed cameras on the Perth-Inverness stretch of A9 not yet active . . . . but the fuzzywuzzies still are. Do yerself a favour and take the A93 north from Perth to Braemar, then a left to Garnshiel, then left again onto the A939 heading for Tomintoul via the Lecht, and finally take the same road to Grantown on Spey You will not regret or ever forget any of that ride :good:

Steve T

:good:

Freedom of speech is wonderful - right up there with the freedom not to listen.

#19 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,177 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:54 pm

Gasman

get ya card out, no need to miss out on a local pie  :good:

http://www.piesbypost.co.uk/

Edited by ramo, 21 July 2014 - 08:15 pm.

#20 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:56 pm

Gasman your right matey, why do you think i want to go there, piesbypost an all, 

Thanks for that Steve looks interesting, wouild prolly suite me the other way around though..Good chance of everything being booked in Applecross for the games, your right they are this weekend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users