Stoph

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 148 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 04 August 2007 - 07:34 pm

QUOTE(murphaph @ Sat 4th Aug 2007, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In this thing?

That looks like a 900 TDM to me.... just been out to the shed to check...... rolleyes.gif

#3 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:02 am

yes it's a 900, the giveaway is the yam logo on the front fairing as standard (850 doesn't have this) and the diffner shaped winkers, and the mincing pilot.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#4 murphaph

murphaph

sticking around

• 30 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:45 am

lol, the mincing pilot put me off! thought "no self respecting yamaha owner could possibly mince like that", but I was wrong lol

#5 BigC

BigC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:49 pm

are dark visors legal in ireland?

Twin Carbon Can Co Exhausts, TomTom Rider, Scotoiler, Wingrack 2 with 2xGivi E360 panniers, Monokey Plate / Monolock Plate, E360 topbox / E450 topbox, Fenda Extenda, MRA Vario Touring Screen, Stainless Steel Rad Cover, Top Saddlery Tank Cover, Suzuki DL650 Handguards, Pressure Alert Valve caps

Unused - Blue Tall Screen
"Most of the gear, absolutely no idea!"

#6 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:37 pm

QUOTE(BigC @ Sun 5th Aug 2007, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are dark visors legal in ireland?

Yes.

#7 murphaph

murphaph

sticking around

• 30 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:53 pm

Are they not legal for daytime use in the UK too? I saw an episode of road wars last month with some chav being stopped on a Peugeot piece of sh!te scooter at night, wearing a tinted visor. I'm sure the copper said it was "illegal to use one when it's dark", but not "it's illegal full stop".

#8 BigC

BigC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:39 am

QUOTE(murphaph @ Sun 5th Aug 2007, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are they not legal for daytime use in the UK too? I saw an episode of road wars last month with some chav being stopped on a Peugeot piece of sh!te scooter at night, wearing a tinted visor. I'm sure the copper said it was "illegal to use one when it's dark", but not "it's illegal full stop".

it might be down to the officers discretion but dark visors are (unless i'm mistaken) not road legal (daytime or nightime) and judging by the amount of riders you see with dark and coloured visors i'm sure the police have better things to do than nick you for it.

However if they have stopped you for something and you have a naughty exhaust, dark visor etc it all adds up.

Twin Carbon Can Co Exhausts, TomTom Rider, Scotoiler, Wingrack 2 with 2xGivi E360 panniers, Monokey Plate / Monolock Plate, E360 topbox / E450 topbox, Fenda Extenda, MRA Vario Touring Screen, Stainless Steel Rad Cover, Top Saddlery Tank Cover, Suzuki DL650 Handguards, Pressure Alert Valve caps

#9 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:59 am

A 50% tint is legal - whatever that is.................

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#10 SteveGlover

SteveGlover

850 going for 900

• 857 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:03 am

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Mon 6th Aug 2007, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Allows 50% of the light to pass through

#11 GIBBO

GIBBO

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:25 pm

Looks a TDM to me.

Dark visor... As Hammond said in his MCN article some weeks back; if someone wears a dark visor at night they deserve a ticket.
My body is a temple, that's why my shoes are on the outside.....

#12 BigC

BigC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:26 pm

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Mon 6th Aug 2007, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hence why i have a light tint visor on my Shoei

#13 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:30 am

Used to have a legal tint on my old AGV and didn't really think much of it. when I bought my Shoei I got a dark pinlock insert, which I think is legal, for it, and didn't think much of that either, it's like wearing a very small pair of sunglasses, all the light comes round the edges. I ended up getting a black one and always carry a clear one with me. It's slightly more subtle than the blue iridium I used to have on my FM.

The thing that really annoys me is it's illegal to wear a dark visor but perfectly legal to wear sunglasses under a helmet. If I come in to a dark patch it's a hell of a lot easier to lift my dark visor than it would be to remove my sunglasses (especially as mine are -5D prescription glasses and I'd struggle to see my handlebars without them)

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#14 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:03 am

just get a lid with an internal flip down dark visor
i wont buy another lid without one good.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#15 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:54 am

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Wed 8th Aug 2007, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have enough trouble keeping my glasses demisted without another layer of plastic to try and demist blink.gif

Had a look at a Caberg with an integral visor at the NEC a few years back, liked the concept but it didn't fit me anywhere near as well as the Shoei Raid I bought instead.

Edited by ChrisG, 08 August 2007 - 10:54 am.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#16 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:33 pm

had all 3 versions of the caberg justissimo and havent had any fogging problems with the dark visor
i also wear glasses sometimes (normally contacts tho) and its been good good.gif

the inner visor in the latest justissimo (the 2007 GT version) isnt as good as the previous versions (doesnt quite come down low enough sometimes) but the ventilation is better

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#17 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:13 pm

Caberg lids; ya cud use Bob Heath visor spray on each visor to reduce the chances of misting up. s'good stuff ya.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#18 Guest_GuyGraham_*

Guest_GuyGraham_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:41 am

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Wed 8th Aug 2007, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Arai don't do them

#19 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:01 am

QUOTE(GuyGraham @ Fri 10th Aug 2007, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Arai don't do them

dont buy an Arai then

My TDM :

#20 m3psm

m3psm

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:24 am

I've worn a black visor every summer since they became illegal and have never had any problems with them, even when I've been pulled for speeding. I think they'd only nick you for it if you were riding like a complete numpty, got arsey with them, or you were wearing one in the dark, unless they were very bored that day.
Ride it like you stole it!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Riding since 1986. First bike - SS50, fastest bike - ZZR1100, best bike riden - Ducati 900SS, next must-have bike - Moto Guzzi 1100 Sport, next everyday bike - TDM900, worst bike - Kwak GT750, bike I put most mileage on - GSX55ES (100k+ couriering), scariest bike - '85 GSX1100 (shocking brakes), best all round bike - TDM850 (current bike), bike I'll never own - any custom, favourite bike - current TDM850 Mk1, favourite accessory - gaffa tape.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users