Joe90

Carpe Regular

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:40 am

Hi there,

Does anyone have any experience of using these people please?

I can't find any reference on here but internet searches reveal mixed opinions -mainly concerns with delivery times / communications

I'd appreciate any comments.

I hope it's ok to ask this on the forum.

Many thanks!

#2 Nog

Nog

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:05 am

Doesn't look too bad, but depends what you want and if you can find it elsewhere.

If you're UK based I'd go for somewhere like Sportsbikeshop, as the service from them is always brilliant - you can even return helmets etc if they don't fit with no quibbles.

#3 Joe90

Joe90

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:51 am

Thanks Nog,

It was for a pair of Daytona boots which are considerably cheaper than I can find on any uk sites.

The other option is Louis Moto who look pretty good.

Cheers

#4 filo

filo

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:00 am

Used them a couple of times no problems.
Got my givi side cases from them a few years ago considerably cheaper than elsewhere.

#5 Joe90

Joe90

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:15 am

Thanks filo that's reassuring

I think I'll just go with them.

Edited by Joe90, 20 April 2018 - 11:16 am.

#6 Nog

Nog

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:13 pm

Thanks Nog,

It was for a pair of Daytona boots which are considerably cheaper than I can find on any uk sites.

Makes sense being a German boot they will be cheaper from a German supplier I guess.

I have Daytona boots, best things I've ever bought in terms of biking gear, worth every penny.  Think mine are about 5 years old now and still fully waterproof and in great condition.

#7 Joe90

Joe90

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:46 pm

Thanks again Nog,

I shall get on with it.

#8 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:02 pm

My Helite came from them also with a considerable saving, no issues at all.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#9 Joe90

Joe90

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:09 pm

Thanks dablik!

Edited by Joe90, 20 April 2018 - 08:57 pm.

#10 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:51 pm

That's dabbers not Dappers. I'm the handsome one.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#11 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:46 pm

lol.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#12 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:32 pm

That's dabbers not Dappers. I'm the handsome one.

I walk around with a bag on me ed :)

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#13 TDM900OZ

TDM900OZ

seems to like Carpe

• 72 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:47 pm

Bought of them a few times  but never again.. I was supposed to get a 15% discount, black friday sale or something but the same helmet cost me the same price with and without the discount a couple of months apart, both times they were part of larger orders but i could see on the invoices they had charged me the same price,

I had a huge argument with them about it but they wouldn't admit they had done anything wrong, so I told them to get nicked.. I wouldn't deal with any business using dishonest and/or deceptive business tactics, including telling lies.. :huh:

Their prices though are/can be reasonably good and if they had it in stock shipping was reasonably quick, and if you get the right deal at the right price don't let someone else's bad experience put you off..

Edited by TDM900OZ, 20 April 2018 - 09:49 pm.

#14 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 21 April 2018 - 09:02 am

Bought of them a few times  but never again.. I was supposed to get a 15% discount, black friday sale or something but the same helmet cost me the same price with and without the discount a couple of months apart, both times they were part of larger orders but i could see on the invoices they had charged me the same price,

I had a huge argument with them about it but they wouldn't admit they had done anything wrong, so I told them to get nicked.. I wouldn't deal with any business using dishonest and/or deceptive business tactics, including telling lies.. :huh:

Their prices though are/can be reasonably good and if they had it in stock shipping was reasonably quick, and if you get the right deal at the right price don't let someone else's bad experience put you off..

Thought that was illegal in the EU?

#15 TDM900OZ

TDM900OZ

seems to like Carpe

• 72 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:29 pm

"Thought that was illegal in the EU?

And so it f ing well should be, maybe because I'm in Australia they thought it would be ok to be deceptive/dodgy/dishonest.. It's  not the first time I have heard about it happening, check out their reviews online if you want to see what kind of business they are, "trust pilot" i think is one review place..

They no doubt can be ok and there's plenty of people ( Me included till they did this)  who have probably gone ok with them, but for me they can now get fooked, I can't stand dishonesty/lies and dodgy stuff.. rather pay more elsewhere than give them another cent..

#16 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:38 am

I have heard of companies putting prices up a few months before offering a discount....back to the old price. 

I'm with you. I only get screwed once by a company.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users