#1 BarneyS

BarneyS

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 16 February 2020 - 04:34 pm

Hi all,

I have a small sticker/ boat name making enterprise which has been many things over the years, it stated as a beer money project when I was employed, became my mainstay when I was made redundant and whilst studying before setting out as an independent marine surveyor when it returned to a little bonus raising bit of my current business.

As of a couple of weeks ago, Sticky Vinyls (for that is how we are known) https://www.facebook.com/Stickyvinyls has entered a new phase, I have handed the reins over to my daughter who has signed up for a Camps International expedition to Kenya in 2021 and now has a significant amount of cash to raise, £4,500 significant in fact. The trip is four weeks long, three weeks spent working in the local community with projects involving house building, schools improvement and widlife projects before a week on a PADI dive course.

So, why am I here? We have been banging the drum around the book of faces, where a fellow member here (and purchaser of my 850 Baglux kit if I remember rightly), TDMick follows the page (As I would encourage you to!) and dropped in to the thread wanting 'My Other Car is A TDM) stickers.

I have been looking a few ideas, 

https://sollars.me.u...lery/moci i.jpg  

https://sollars.me.u...ery/moci ii.jpg 

https://sollars.me.u...ry/moci iii.jpg 

https://sollars.me.u...ery/moci iv.jpg

Now, the question is, whether the idea of these would appeal to anyone else here for a donation to the fund, they can be made in a range of colours and to go inside or out. And secondly, if anyone has reasonable, outline drawings, about the same standard/ level of complication as the MkII one of a MkI and a 900 then I guess that would help

We can take all sorts of small commissions and if there is anything else you would like to see, drop us a message, here or on the facebook page.

Thanks for reading this far, hope that I have put this in the right place, once we have a proof of concept or interest I guess I should be bound for the for sale page.

Cheers all! Barney.

PS, hope the links work OK, let me know if not, rather hoped that they could have been added as images...

It went E,S,E,S,A

#2 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 16 February 2020 - 06:48 pm

I would be willing to support this venture.
I would like my other car is a TDM twin 900 in white, as it has to go on a black van. I will need two at least say 125mm square ?
Third file down.

Edited by leehenty, 16 February 2020 - 07:04 pm.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#3 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 07:00 am

Good idea ! I'm in for the first one as I have both an 850 and a 900 and not sure who will stay....  :lol:

Bjørge

#4 BarneyS

BarneyS

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 07:08 am

Thanks for your prompt replies and thoughts guys...... I will sort out thoughts on pricing and get back to you.

How's anyone's thoughts on designs?

Cheers! Barney.

It went E,S,E,S,A

#5 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,770 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:55 pm

I may have need of your services Barney. I’ll pm you in the next day or two when I have a little more time to run a couple of ideas past you to see if you can help (as a proper paid job).

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#6 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 18 February 2020 - 09:53 am

I like the first one, shame I don't have a car or I'd be well up for it, not even gonna think about putting one on SWMBO's car or she'll want to ride the bike.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#7 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 18 February 2020 - 03:10 pm

Have you thought of doing any of the TDM plastics decals? would it work? 

#8 MickC

MickC

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 18 February 2020 - 04:09 pm

TKH

I was thinking that as well :good:

#9 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 18 February 2020 - 05:22 pm

Have you thought of doing any of the TDM plastics decals? would it work? 

I think Barney inferes in post about that, ie needing outlying drawings!

Edited by dablik, 19 February 2020 - 08:41 am.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#10 BarneyS

BarneyS

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 05:53 pm

Thanks all for thoughts and orders.

Trev, I look forward to hearing from you.

I am a single font away from a 3VD version which I am tracking down, 5's that look like S's anyone? 

Once done I shall look to display wares and get them on the buying pages!

Thanks all.

Barney.

It went E,S,E,S,A

#11 mh1848

mh1848

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:13 pm

apologies if these are copyrighted by admin

Attached Files

TDM 1991 - two into one micron mated with a A16 Road and Race Supplies Stainless short can - Conti Road Attacks - Kagazume Wavy Rear Disc - Bagster tank cover - homemade sheepskin seat cover on top of custom seat cover - NonFango topbox on homemade mount - custom fusebox - very loud airhorn and cyclone alarm

#12 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:49 pm

We can sort another run of carpe stickers is enough interest.

There may even be a few from the last run mh. We have enough carpe knock offs at the mo. :0). If you want carpe stickers...please come to carpe!
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#13 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:02 pm

so i guess thas the end of that then !?

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#14 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:29 pm

All the ones in OP are none carpe related, so fill ya boots with those!
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#15 BarneyS

BarneyS

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 06:50 am

No toes to be trod on here!

Still working on a final offer and will sort soon.

Remember, I cut only, no printing, therefore coloured graphics aren't my thing and I wouldn't be able to match the prices that were secured for the runs of previous stickers anyway.

My efforts are to get no 2 daughter making and selling to fund that ruddy trip to Kenya (Sorry, very worthwhile community based adventure of a lifetime)

Previous work is on the facebook page, feel free to come and have a gander! https://www.facebook.com/Stickyvinyls/

Edited by Epirb, 22 February 2020 - 06:52 am.

It went E,S,E,S,A

#16 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 22 February 2020 - 01:27 pm

That outline tdm drawing in pic 1 would look great on a tee shirt with a carpe logo on the back, any thoughts of doing something to boost coffers?

I'd have at least one.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#17 BarneyS

BarneyS

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:25 pm

Right, I have cleaned up my act, paid my subs, changed my name and listed the stickers for sale in the right place, please feel free to order!

Thanks all!

Barney.

It went E,S,E,S,A

#18 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:12 am

We can sort another run of carpe stickers is enough interest.

There may even be a few from the last run mh. We have enough carpe knock offs at the mo. :0). If you want carpe stickers...please come to carpe!

I'm pretty sure I have a spare round decal, if it can be sent to Barney as a model.

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users