Scottoiler

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2006 - 07:00 pm

Scotoiler is a great bit of kit, especially if you get the touring resevoir, but I'd prefer a belt drive on me boike. cool.gif

#22 Guest_E.T._*

Guest_E.T._*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:43 am

Well you can always buy the BMW TDM...

#23 Guest_nils_*

Guest_nils_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:21 am

QUOTE(E.T. @ Wed 14th Jun 2006, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you referring to F800GS?

NEWS

/Nils

Edited by nils, 14 June 2006 - 10:28 am.

#24 Jandreas

Jandreas

Carpe Regular

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:59 am

QUOTE(E.T. @ Tue 13th Jun 2006, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
19000 miles from my chain so far and the rear sprocket is hardly worn. I've ridden all year round, though tend to avoid wet days if I can - but it has been subject to winter road crud etc.

Am I happy with the Scotoiler? Yep

Hm....been driving 22000miles with the sprocket/chain set so far....happy without Scotoiler....
Jandreas cool.gif

#25 wrex

wrex

sticking around

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 14 June 2006 - 12:26 pm

QUOTE(E.T. @ Wed 14th Jun 2006, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What's a chain? rotflmmfao.gif

#26 Guest_E.T._*

Guest_E.T._*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:09 pm

QUOTE(nils @ Wed 14th Jun 2006, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you referring to F800GS?

NEWS

/Nils

Yep...didn't really need much expalining eh!...its interesting to see what the bike media is making of this "revolutionary" motorbike... cool.gif

#27 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:54 pm

QUOTE(wrex @ Wed 14th Jun 2006, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's a chain? rotflmmfao.gif

smug get smile.gif

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#28 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 23 June 2006 - 10:02 pm

QUOTE(nils @ Mon 12th Jun 2006, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am fed up with the messy rear wheel. The different chain lubricants that I have used over the years all leave most of the oil on the rim.

Most of all I would replace the chain for a belt drive, but I cannot find any conversion kit for the 900.

My questions are:
o Will a Scottoiler leave less oil residue on the rim?
o Is it difficult to set up the Scottoiler for rigth amount of oil?
o Do you have to tweek these settings every 100 kms?
o Are you all happy with your Scottoiler?

Thanks for any feedback

/Nils

Found the Scottoiler really makes a difference to chain condition - riding year-round in all weathers. It dd get a bit enthusiastic at one time and mess up the back wheel though. Also created a front-end mess that ran on to the side-stand (Kept it rust-free!), but was easily readjusted. I'd rather over-oil than starve the chain.

P.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#29 Guest_nils_*

Guest_nils_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2006 - 10:20 am

Thank you all for all the valuable input!! good.gif
I picked up the Scottoiler Universal kit yesterday. Now I just will try to find the time to install it (using the exellent directions that JBX has provided).

/Nils

#30 stevepsd

stevepsd

seems to like Carpe

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:57 am

Has anyone installed a Scottoiler (standard one) on their Mk1? If so, where did you mount the reservior so it was accessable and how did you run the line o the rear sprocket?

Thanks.

-steve
'92 TDM850 Corbin Seat, Stainless Laser Pro-Stock Exhaust, K&N, Ceramic Coated downpipes, BMW F650
Handguards, MRA TouringScreen Windshield, dual-FIAMM's, Euro city light, YZF-R6 electric fuel
pump & polished rims!
'87 XR600R To many mods to list, but it's street legal (sort-of)!
'82 XJ550 Seca

#31 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 27 June 2006 - 09:04 am

QUOTE(stevepsd @ Tue 27th Jun 2006, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone installed a Scottoiler (standard one) on their Mk1? If so, where did you mount the reservior so it was accessable and how did you run the line o the rear sprocket?

Thanks.

-steve

yes
under the seat, left hand side, tucked under the tank an ickle bit, cable tied to the bit that holds the oil tank and shock in place, easily accessible with the seat off.
also fitted a lubetube which lives under the seat.

i put mine on front sprocket, couldnt find a way of routing it to the rear where it wouldnt get munched by chain/shock and not be on display.
i get a dribble of oil down the stand every now and then, but other than that no issues at all.

if u going to RTT then i can show you there.....

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#32 ripper

ripper

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:43 am

Mine is behind the rear brake piston, made an L shaped braket and replaced standard bolt which holds piston with a longer one then used a lock nut fed pipe round swinging arm to my home made dual injector £3.00 worth of bits + the bracket out of the works first aid kit.
Rob

#33 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:12 pm

QUOTE(ripper @ Tue 27th Jun 2006, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mine is behind the rear brake piston, made an L shaped braket and replaced standard bolt which holds piston with a longer one then used a lock nut fed pipe round swinging arm to my home made dual injector £3.00 worth of bits + the bracket out of the works first aid kit.

sound the same as my setup, which i copied from Dandywarhol. good.gif

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#34 nitram

nitram

Carpe groupie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 27 June 2006 - 01:51 pm

I have a the high capacity reservoir doohicky, it sits behind the number plate. Drip feed tube routes under the seat then down to the front of the swingarm and then under the bottom of the swingarm to a double dripper that drips either side of the rear sprocket smile.gif good.gif

#35 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 01:54 pm

good.gif
QUOTE(nitram @ Tue 27th Jun 2006, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a the high capacity reservoir doohicky, it sits behind the number plate. Drip feed tube routes under the seat then down to the front of the swingarm and then under the bottom of the swingarm to a double dripper that drips either side of the rear sprocket smile.gif good.gif

hey Nitty i have a single nozzle setup on mine but i have a dual'er which was part of the deal when i bought me scotty from Busters sitting in the shed..............how'd u secure yer dual thing to the swingarm ?? any pics maybe...... good.gif

#36 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2006 - 06:04 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Tue 27th Jun 2006, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
good.gif
hey Nitty i have a single nozzle setup on mine but i have a dual'er which was part of the deal when i bought me scotty from Busters sitting in the shed..............how'd u secure yer dual thing to the swingarm ?? any pics maybe...... good.gif

I don't really like the dual nozzle, I have one on one a me bikes, it keeps clogging up and not working, I bought a single nozzle to put on instead, but it's still sitting on a shelf two months later unsure.gif , the dual nozzle is better when it works, but it's not as reliable.

#37 Wevski

Wevski

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 29 June 2006 - 08:27 am

Of the spray on types I reckon Castrol chain wax is pretty good, doesn't shift much

I'd second that, i race a Ktm200 in enduro's and use Castrol, i know its not the same thing but i can vouch for the fact there is no 'fling' from the lube. Obviously all the mud and crud wipes away and excess from the Ktm chain, but when i took a link out there was plenty around the o rings and pins which is where it is meant to be.
The castrol goes on like liquid but soaks in well and dries to a film after about 5 mins. good.gif

#38 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:29 am

Of the spray on types I reckon Castrol chain wax is pretty good, doesn't shift much

QUOTE(Wevski @ Thu 29th Jun 2006, 03:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd second that, i race a Ktm200 in enduro's and use Castrol, i know its not the same thing but i can vouch for the fact there is no 'fling' from the lube. Obviously all the mud and crud wipes away and excess from the Ktm chain, but when i took a link out there was plenty around the o rings and pins which is where it is meant to be.
The castrol goes on like liquid but soaks in well and dries to a film after about 5 mins. good.gif

Agree with the above except that I use Maxima (chain wax) Still have a 14 year old chain with no kinks or bad spots.
(do need to check for stretch though, been 'scottish weather' here the past week.)
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#39 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:58 am

QUOTE(tdm850rider @ Thu 29th Jun 2006, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agree with the above except that I use Maxima (chain wax) Still have a 14 year old chain with no kinks or bad spots.
(do need to check for stretch though, been 'scottish weather' here the past week.)

Hellish how much heat stretches chains...

Pict

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#40 Guest_trevini_*

Guest_trevini_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2006 - 08:04 pm

Put 17k miles on my TDM over the last 12 months. Had a Scotty put on from approx 500 miles. Still on original chain and it looks as good as new. Wouldn't consider a chain driven bike without one!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users