TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 19 October 2007 - 01:06 pm

QUOTE(TeDeum @ Fri 19th Oct 2007, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have done a bit of work on accommodation (B&B and camping) for RTT08. I realise it is still almost 9 months away but this is a very popular area in the summer with limited availability so getting places to stay here will become difficult even after Christmas.

I think I have the perfect place for B&B and camping in Maharees. Jamie Knox runs a windsurfing school which has a Lodge attached. The Lodge is very modern and does B&B - all rooms en-suite and with sat TV. It is perfectly situated equidistant from our two local pubs - close enough to walk to in 5 mins or stagger back in 15. It is also the only place in the area that can manage a group. The rooms can be configured to suit one, two or three persons and a total of 16 guests can stay at any one time. It has ample off-road, hard stand parking, a very comfortable lounge and I can vouch for the fact that the breakfasts are legendary. Jamie is putting his prices up for 2008 but has agreed to offer Carpedians the 2007 price for the RTT. These are 38 euro (approx.st£25) per night per person sharing or 45 euro (approx. st£30) per night for a single room. These are very good prices for this area and the standard of the facilities is excellent.

At my suggestion he is also going to make space for camping for Carpedians, something which he does not normally offer. The camping rates are 10 euros (about st£7) per night per tent with breakfast available for another 10 euros if wanted. There will be a room with toilets and shower in the Lodge for use of the campers.

Book B&B or camping direct with Jamie through his website http://www.jamieknox.com and mention that you are from carpe-TDM or the RTT and you will get the low prices. I know the RTT is not until July but Jamie's place is very, very popular in the summer so I'd recommend booking early to be sure of getting in. If you do book can you please post it here so that we can keep an eye on who is doing what?

For those who prefer self catering it might be possible to rent a house for the week. A week rental here is Saturday afternoon until the following Saturday morning. There are two I know of that can sleep ten persons but the cost is quite high. If anyone is interested in this let me know and I can get prices and contact details.

I should mention that Jamie has predicted that the weather will be good that week with the 10th and 11th being the least nice days. He works this out from the tide tables and moon phases and is usually right!

I can't work out how to add a Google Earth map to a post but I can give the coordinates so you can find it yourselves and, zooming out, get an idea of where it is in relation to the rest of the world. They are 52 deg 17" 58.83" N, 10 deg 01' 45.46 W. Maybe Dappers would allow this to be added to the members location map?

Mrs TeDeum and I sacrificed our Sunday to ride around the Dingle Peninsula in search of the perfect coffee and cake spot to be able to offer to RTT participants when they are on that route. It was hard work but we think we found it - great tasting large cappuccino and delicious, huge, home made, fresh cream eclairs served by rather pretty, young waitresses with stunning views across the sea to the Great Blasket Island. We are prepared to selflessly travel further in the next few months and test other eateries on some of the other great roads that you might enjoy.

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#2 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:06 pm

Ok, It's not the money, but I have this thing in my head about camping. Have booked a room and will bring a pillow, but got the urge to camp

Who else is camping and whats the downside? blink.gif

#3 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:06 am

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Tue 29th Apr 2008, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, It's not the money, but I have this thing in my head about camping. Have booked a room and will bring a pillow, but got the urge to camp

Who else is camping and whats the downside? blink.gif

snorers (no walls to deaden the sound) and tweeting little sqwarkey feckin sparrows at 5am....

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#4 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:43 am

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Tue 29th Apr 2008, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.... got the urge to camp.

Ye'll never outdo Chris G's Lurex tights and chiffon scarf, offset by diamante kneepads ... blink.gif

Downside - witnessing any of the above.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#5 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:05 pm

Funny enough, after doing 3 days of going to work by bike and getting soaked, the urge to lay in a field has completly gone

I'll endure the farts and snoring, as long as the guy above me does not wet the bed. hide.gif isurrender.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users