#1 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,088 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 07 March 2022 - 10:14 am

Aunty Carole sent me a nice letter increasing my premium from £69  to £95  no claims or anything.

A  quick go compare got this to  £68 with..... Aunty Carole, but she wants £500 excess and extra to protect no claims. went with One Call £200 excess protected no claims £67 so they get the job. It's a right racket ain't it.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#2 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 07 March 2022 - 10:20 am

:good:

Annual bunfight init,  greedy fkrs waiting on fat profits from inertia sales if possible  grrrr

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#3 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,088 posts

Posted 07 March 2022 - 10:31 am

Particularly annoying since I ain't claimed on insurance in 41 years of driving. Should be free by now
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#4 LAURENCEAUX

LAURENCEAUX

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 192 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 07 March 2022 - 03:18 pm

Particularly annoying since I ain't claimed on insurance in 41 years of driving. Should be free by nowh people

Oh don't temp fate ...

#5 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,746 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 08 March 2022 - 12:04 am

No claims ever for me, but because “London” has now moved out to where I live and the “amount of stolen scooters”  my insurance is now over £200, more than I pay for the car.

Edited by chrisr, 08 March 2022 - 12:04 am.

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#6 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,088 posts

Posted 14 March 2022 - 07:45 pm

Insured my third bike the RE500 today £90 is best I could get as my two sets 9+ NC is used on my other two bikes. 27 hp on a good day but 85-90 mpg

Edited by leehenty, 14 March 2022 - 07:51 pm.

#7 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,088 posts

Posted 03 March 2023 - 08:11 pm

Well a bit of MCN compare with the usual silly demands from existing insurers , got TDM comp for £58.73 and RE 500 comp down to £74 from the audacity of Bennets demanding £142. Its a right racket as the underwriter is the same on all three bikers Markerstudy. Swintons were best this time.

Edited by leehenty, 03 March 2023 - 08:40 pm.

#8 curlylegend

curlylegend

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Location:West of France, south of the Loire...the good bit !
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 03 April 2023 - 09:19 pm

Here in France, if I register my 1991 TDM 850 as a "Moto de Collection" my insurance would apparently be much cheaper.... and !...  I could ride it through Low Emission Zones and cock a snook at the spy cameras.  The drawbacks are dealing with French bureaucracy and a limit of 6000km a year.

But... apparently no one checks your speedo reading...or even if it's actually working .

I obviously couldn't even consider this as several of the forms have to be signed  "On my honour "

#9 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 03 April 2024 - 11:26 am

Delurking to comment (hello all). I went with One Call as well Lee. They were by far the cheapest with meerkat, until I checked my documents again a few days later. My 2016 Honda CB500X had magically become a CB500F. So I had to go through the torture of a conversation on "chat" with One Call, who admitted the mistake was with them, but I'd have to get another quote. Lo and behold, £20 more and no cheaper than a broker who still uses a telephone.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#10 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,440 posts

Posted 03 April 2024 - 11:53 am

Hi muddy, how you finding the cb500, seem very common on the roads now.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#11 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,117 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 03 April 2024 - 12:17 pm

Hi muddy. Always lubbly to ear from ewe. Xx
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#12 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts

Posted 03 April 2024 - 06:21 pm

Thanks dappers, likewise.

Hi muddy, how you finding the cb500, seem very common on the roads now.

I've only had it a week, but I'm quite happy with it so far. It's nice and light for starters, which is a bonus at my age. The engine is eager and impressively grunty for a 470cc. Many a time I've thought I was in 4th only to find I'm in 6th. Roll on from 6th from 3.5-4k RPM is something I didn't expect from such relatively small twin. It feels more like a 4 in some ways, but maybe it's because I've had a Royal Enfield thumper for 5 years.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

#13 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,088 posts

Posted 07 April 2024 - 05:32 pm

Hi Muddy My nephew saw the light and went 500 X too. Ive worked on it and its very well put together. Nice and light, Im considering one but would have to lose the TDM.

Edited by leehenty, 09 April 2024 - 07:43 pm.

#14 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts

Posted 08 April 2024 - 09:50 am

Hi Lee
As you say, it's light and easy to manhandle for us older gentlemen. As with most Japanese bikes, it's fully plasticated, which isn't too endearing after the Royal Enfield. Because of the 180 configuration it doesn't gallop along like a TDM, but it's got a very willing engine and will do all the stuff I did on my TDM and with a big improvement on MPG. Main thing is it starts first time, unlike the Himalayan.

#15 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,514 posts

Posted 08 April 2024 - 07:55 pm

I have a 500 Rebel, similar engine with different 'tuning'. Nice. Although my biking is at an end I do want to keep it insured, especially as my renewal  premium has halved.  I am having a nightmare complying with 'you need to register' and the inevitable Chat (hung on for one hour, for no gain). At the mo, I am refusing to use the enforced calendar to enter my date of birth. It requires 1,007 clicks on my tablet to reach 1940.  No way!

1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#16 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts

Posted 08 April 2024 - 08:48 pm

Yeah, I think next year I will be looking for insurance who have someone, preferably British, to talk to.

#17 curlylegend

curlylegend

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Location:West of France, south of the Loire...the good bit !
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 10 April 2024 - 08:53 pm

Yeah, I think next year I will be looking for insurance who have someone, preferably British, to talk to.

Best of luck with that !

#18 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,440 posts

Posted 11 April 2024 - 06:25 am

Best of luck with that !

:lol:

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#19 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,777 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 11 April 2024 - 07:24 am

I suppose the opposite may be true....Do the foreigners struggle to find someone from their own country to call as they're all on the phone to us?  :)

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users