#41 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:28 pm

all the best for speedy recovery (for your son) and a logical explanation (for the adults)

keep your chin up moose

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#42 Moose

Moose

Master Cake Baker

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:08 am

***** UPDATE *****

Well after spending almost a week in hospital, things are improving yahoo.gif

Although the doctors won't confirm the cause (for obvious reasons) all the tests and symptoms point closer towards a viral condition called Guillain Barre Syndrome which they are now treating him for.
Over the last couple of days despite having a few down moments (some very upsetting) Dean has shown some positive response to the treatment.
He has a lot more feeling back in his legs although he still can't move them, and he is not suffering any respiratory issues which is very good news.

This all means that providing things don't change for the worse, and we are all happy that everything is progressing in the right direction, and i'm confident that it's not going to be too much of a distraction for me ............... Then Cinderella may just make the ball

I'm going to talk to Dean and his mum tomorrow afternoon and if we are all happy then i will be making the trip and meeting Trev at the Oakdene cafe wednesday morning. So fingers crossed

Thanks everyone for all you well wishes, so nice to know people care so much

All the best

Moose

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carpe-TDM.net - A place where everyone can have their cake and eat it!!!!!

TDM900/A 2007 Black, DL650 XTZ1200 Super Ten Handguards, Oxford Heated Grips, Double Bubble Screen, Fenda Extenda, Pipe Werx Oval Black SL Zorsts, R+G Crash Bungs, Mirror Extenders, Wilbers Rear Shock with Remote Hydraulic Preload, Wilbers Progressive Fork Springs, Scottoiler Touring Kit, Clear LED Rear Light Unit, Clear Indicators, PUIG Bellypan, V46 + 2 x E41 Keyless Luggage, Black Renthal 755 Medium Road Bars with Brace, 3 x 12v Accessory Socket, Beowolf Rad Guard.

TDM has moved on, i now own a Black 2009 Honda VFR 800 VTEC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without cake, we are merely just people who ride bikes

#43 sireastwood

sireastwood

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:27 am

QUOTE(Moose @ Mon 20th Jun 2011, 06:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
***** UPDATE *****

Well after spending almost a week in hospital, things are improving yahoo.gif

Although the doctors won't confirm the cause (for obvious reasons) all the tests and symptoms point closer towards a viral condition called Guillain Barre Syndrome which they are now treating him for.
Over the last couple of days despite having a few down moments (some very upsetting) Dean has shown some positive response to the treatment.
He has a lot more feeling back in his legs although he still can't move them, and he is not suffering any respiratory issues which is very good news.

This all means that providing things don't change for the worse, and we are all happy that everything is progressing in the right direction, and i'm confident that it's not going to be too much of a distraction for me ............... Then Cinderella may just make the ball

I'm going to talk to Dean and his mum tomorrow afternoon and if we are all happy then i will be making the trip and meeting Trev at the Oakdene cafe wednesday morning. So fingers crossed

Thanks everyone for all you well wishes, so nice to know people care so much

All the best

Moose

Good to know Moose............
Hope everything turns out ok for Dean.........

Muppet with a spanner
I'm not afraid of death. It's the stake one puts up in order to play the game of life.
Black 07 Niner wiv scott oiler and The House Of Henty Stainless Enjun Kit(Thanks Lee)
Crash Bungs......(Thanks again Lee)
Stainless brake pad pins ...(Thanks again Lee)
Double Bubble Screen, Pipe Werx Oval Black SL Zorsts,Clear LED Rear Light Unit, Clear Indicators, PUIG Bellypan,Black Renthal 755 Medium Road Bars with Brace (Thanks Moose)

#44 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,770 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:33 am

That's good news - these things can take time and Dean's moving in the right direction and without doubt in the right place.

The trip wouldn't be the same without you mate, so if you can make it, so much the better. Plus, of course, you're not looking forward to it one little bit are you?

One of the reasons I've hung around here for so long is the people that I've met and a lot of those I haven't yet, but shared banter with over the years. The proof of anything is when it all goes wrong and I've witnessed many occasions when members have jumped to assist. Granted a lot of situations are not as serious as yours at present, but it's happened.

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#45 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:18 am

Fingers crossed for you both.
I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

#46 MattG

MattG

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 108 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:22 am

Glad things are looking up and hope you make the trip!

#47 Kaustic

Kaustic

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:13 am

That's great news for Dean and you. Just keep on making progress and he will be free of hospital food.

(BTW are any of the nurses hot ? yeahyeahyeah.gif )

K
TDM Mk2a

Mods (so far) : Heavy duty chain & sprockets, Braided metal hose (front), DL650 handguards, Hyperpro progressive fork springs, Ohlins rear shock & Oxford Heated grips

Wish list : Home made panniers & frames, LED side light, crash bar, centre stand, oversize foot for sidestand.

#48 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:17 am

Glad progress is being made.

He'll remain in our thoughts.

Hope all continues to go well.

All the very best from Clare and myself

P

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#49 bigboat0

bigboat0

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:28 am

Great news for both of you!

Really hope you make it on the trip clapping.gif
06 TDM 900 - gone but not forgotten.

Triumph Sprint ST1050

#50 apw99

apw99

has been here 4ever

• 1,316 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:31 am

Cranking up the Positive Vibes Generator for you both +++++++++++++++..
APW

Have you ever lent someone 20 quid and never seen it again? It was probably worth it.

Long Loved TDM is no longer with me...

#51 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:37 am

That's really great news Moose, all the best to Dean for a speedy recovery.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#52 paddy900

paddy900

roondaboot

• 1,246 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:35 am

Thats great news Moose and Dean,

He is in the best place possible,

To cheer you up Moose i am making choc fudge cake today and we will have some when we meet at Hotel Jaegersruh cake eating.gif

This will be a well travelled cake yahoo.gif
2003 TDM900 in Yellow....Best Colour, Fender extender, Oxford Heated Grips, Givi luggage, Mirror extenders, GS1150 Handguards, Matching seat cover, Belly Pan, R&G crash bungs, Touring screen, Meta alarm, K&N Air Filter,
Centre Stand, Scottoiler,Carbon Cans......really loud, Stainless steel Rad Guard, 12v Accessory socket,

Join us on Facebook

#53 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:53 am

QUOTE(paddy900 @ Mon 20th Jun 2011, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To cheer you up Moose i am making choc fudge cake today and we will have some when we meet at Hotel Jaegersruh cake eating.gif

You think it will last that long? It won't make it out of Lymm now we know you're carrying it evillaff.gif

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#54 paddy900

paddy900

roondaboot

• 1,246 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:03 am

QUOTE(Matlock @ Mon 20th Jun 2011, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You think it will last that long? It won't make it out of Lymm now we know you're carrying it evillaff.gif

You will have to catch me 1st rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif

2003 TDM900 in Yellow....Best Colour, Fender extender, Oxford Heated Grips, Givi luggage, Mirror extenders, GS1150 Handguards, Matching seat cover, Belly Pan, R&G crash bungs, Touring screen, Meta alarm, K&N Air Filter,
Centre Stand, Scottoiler,Carbon Cans......really loud, Stainless steel Rad Guard, 12v Accessory socket,

Join us on Facebook

#55 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:20 am

Great news Moosey,,, made up for you,, and well done Dean,, keep getting better fella tup.gif tup.gif

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#56 JollyGiant

JollyGiant

Crap Citizen

• 3,406 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:31 am

QUOTE(trevini @ Mon 20th Jun 2011, 05:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of the reasons I've hung around here for so long is the people that I've met and a lot of those I haven't yet, but shared banter with over the years. The proof of anything is when it all goes wrong and I've witnessed many occasions when members have jumped to assist. Granted a lot of situations are not as serious as yours at present, but it's happened.

I'll 2nd that Trev and some of the people you meet on here actually become good friends!!

Back on topic that great news Andy fingers crossed and all that...

My Super Modded TDM has gone to a new home :(

I'm now a carbon whore!

#57 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:15 am

Good to hear they made a diagnosis.. seems like that would be the hardest part.
Time to let the medicines work. Hope everything turns out 100%.
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#58 Matt101

Matt101

full o shoite

• 2,391 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:39 am

QUOTE(paddy900 @ Mon 20th Jun 2011, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats great news Moose and Dean,

He is in the best place possible,

This will be a well travelled cake yahoo.gif

You really think its going to make it to Germany Paddy? cake eating.gif

#59 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:18 pm

It would take a very brave man to eat a piece of cake reserved for Moose ! tongue.gif

Great news Moose ! Best wishes to Dean for a speedy recovery good.gif

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#60 Matt101

Matt101

full o shoite

• 2,391 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:43 pm

QUOTE(Studley Ramrod @ Mon 20th Jun 2011, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would take a very brave man to eat a piece of cake reserved for Moose ! tongue.gif

Great news Moose ! Best wishes to Dean for a speedy recovery good.gif

Think I'd chance it! Especially fudge cake! After all he could have 'Forgotten' to bring it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users