PICARD

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 29 November 2015 - 06:04 pm

Aye up.

With just a tad shy of 24k showing on the ole odo, I'll be thinking of valve clearances very soon.......weather and time allowing.

soooo, was wondering where the shim repository was last seen and if I could avail myself of it, please.??

Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 29 November 2015 - 09:04 pm

Dappers is yer man Capt. :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:24 am

Aye capn. Strugglin for even tellingbone interweb at mo but if you lettuce snow what shimeroos you need oil sort em oot!
Aye capn. Strugglin for even tellingbone interweb at mo but if you lettuce snow what shimeroos you need oil sort em oot!
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:49 pm

Ahhh...oi taught oi got a box of em and took what's kneaded and replaced from moi ingwin, so de boike is orf t'rood for not so long.
I'll get them measured and PM you when I know what's needed. Cheers me dears.

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#5 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:22 pm

They managed to get lost and come back a few shims short of a cam lobe capn. So only send em ooot in requested sizes now capn. Also normally possible to relocate a few to reduce number that need replacin.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#6 JBX

JBX

full o shoite

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 2,206 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:28 pm

"lettuce snow"

This is the one I prefer ! :lol:

top_640.png

#7 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 06:40 pm

Thanks Dappers. Another example of the few spoiling it for the rest of us eh! Hopefully by swapping shims around, I may get away with not even needing any, coz when clearances were checked at 15k miles, only one was out of spec (just a bit tight). I'll use PMing if needed....Cheers.

JBX.....your English must be either excellent or badly tainted if you understand even half of what goes on on here !!!......Respect !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users