#1 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 27 January 2019 - 11:44 am

Hi all,

I have just bought a Royal Enfield Himalayan to enjoy on the narrow roads in the Scottish Borders, so will be selling one of my TDMs. I haven't decided which one yet, so am exploring the interest on here.

One is a 2012 in black with 17000 miles on it. Has lots of stainless, Givi pannier racks, fender extenders and a centre stand. Tyres are good and it is MOT'd until September. She runs perfectly and apart from a small scratch on the o/s front wing, is in good nick. Price is £3500. Currently has engine bars, Givi top box rack, tank cover and a Mira screen. These will be removed if I sell this one and will be put on the blue one.

The other is ChrisR's old bike. It is a 2004 in blue and is immaculate. Again, it has loads of accessories, including gear indicator, charging lights, daylight running lights. Need to check exact mileage, but it is approx.55k. Pannier racks are included and I also have a centre stand, not yet fitted. MOT is until July. The price will include the no plate S11TDM and the price is £2000. This bike is so good that I would have no hesitation in selling my newer one and keeping this one. The price is non-negotiable, but I will reduce to £1800 if TDM plate is not wanted. I will keep and put on my other bike.

Both bikes have been well looked after mechanically and bottom suspension will be greased on both before sale. Am also about to change oil and filters on both.

Will post some new pics later, but here are a couple to be going on with.

Ali

Attached Files

Edited by AliG, 27 January 2019 - 11:57 am.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#2 thelodger

thelodger

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 12:10 pm

GLWS. Can I ask where is that AA box?

Thanks

#3 Hombre

Hombre

Carpe junky

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 27 January 2019 - 12:17 pm

GLWS. Can I ask where is that AA box?

Thanks

Judging by the vegetation and spacing of the fence posts, I would guess Cappercleuch, Selkirkshire, Scottish Borders.

<p>BSA C15T, Ducati 200 Elite, Villiers Cub Trials Bitsa, Ariel Huntmaster, AJS 650 CSR, Sunbeam S7, Suzuki 650 Katana, Honda 400-4, Bultaco 350 Sherpa, Cotton Minarelli, Fantic 303, Yamaha SRX 400, Yamaha 550 Virago, Kawasaki ZZR 1100,  Fantic 305, Yamaha TDM 850 '91, Yamaha TDM 900 '04.  Ducati 200 Elite (again and now completed restoration), Yamaha SRX-600

#4 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 01:00 pm

[quote name="Hombre" post="367818" timestamp="1548591455"]
Judging by the vegetation and spacing of the fence posts, I would guess Cappercleuch, Selkirkshire, Scottish Borders.

Give that man a coconut. Spot on.

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#5 thelodger

thelodger

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 01:19 pm

Is it a working box, and why is it still there ?

Cheers

#6 CrashTestDuffy

CrashTestDuffy

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 124 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 27 January 2019 - 01:27 pm

Was that your mugshot on the ecosse page Ali?

#7 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 27 January 2019 - 06:37 pm

Well blimey, i've been looking at Enfield Himalayan vids and reviews all day long Ali, seems quite capable, more so off road, certainly got my interest, let us know how you get on with it..glws.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#8 divvxj

divvxj

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 27 January 2019 - 07:27 pm

Well blimey, i've been looking at Enfield Himalayan vids and reviews all day long Ali, seems quite capable, more so off road, certainly got my interest, let us know how you get on with it..glws.

Was looking at one at a bike stand in Brechin when the Harley show was in town , salesman wouldn't give me the time of day never mind sell me one , had to go on line to look it up . been watching clips on yootoob and the Ozzies seem to like them :good:

#9 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 09:27 pm

Was that your mugshot on the ecosse page Ali?

What ecosse page?

#10 CrashTestDuffy

CrashTestDuffy

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 124 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:28 pm

What ecosse page?

Never mind, wasnt paying close enough attention. Our Dundee dealership sells the Enfield brand through their Honda store and had seen a post of a chap picking their Himalayan up this morning. Just coinkeydink.

#11 Nog

Nog

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 09:15 am

I was interested in the Himalayan reviews too, but looking at them it just seems far too budget and basically not enough of a good bike in any specific area.  I know this is reflected in the price but it seems that you only need to look at second hand bikes in the same price range and can get a vastly better machine.

Horses for courses though, fair enough if you like the brand or styling or just pootling around on the thing, it's certainly an honest bike in that it's not trying to be anything it's not - it's probably one of those bikes that due to it's simplicity would rattle around the world no problem while other bikes broke down :)

#12 celtspur

celtspur

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 50 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:40 am

I'd be very interest in the 2012 bike but would you consider selling with the panniers etc? I'm a London despatch rider and need to replace my 05 tdm before the emission changes kick in in April.

#13 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:52 am

I'd be very interest in the 2012 bike but would you consider selling with the panniers etc? I'm a London despatch rider and need to replace my 05 tdm before the emission changes kick in in April.

Sean did ya sell the old TDM900 in the end or did ya persevere and fix it up ?

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#14 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 01:42 pm

Hi, I wouldn't part with the E21s which are on the photo of the black bike, but I could include the E45s that are on the pic of the blue bike at the Scottish border. Send me an IM and we can discuss. Ali

#15 Nog

Nog

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:23 pm

That first picture looks like Australia :)

#16 celtspur

celtspur

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 50 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 29 January 2019 - 03:40 pm

Sean did ya sell the old TDM900 in the end or did ya persevere and fix it up ?

I sorted out the problem and have been riding happily ever since! Passed the MOT no bother other than an advisory on the front discs. It's got to go or be kept for spares though as April is not far away.

#17 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:34 am

I sorted out the problem and have been riding happily ever since! Passed the MOT no bother other than an advisory on the front discs. It's got to go or be kept for spares though as April is not far away.

good work,  thas saved you some expense. 

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#18 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 09:00 am

I had a deal lined up for my 2012 Niner and the more I thought about, the more I didn't really want to part with it. I was delighted when the prospective buyer had to back out of the deal, so now I am keeping both TDMs. I am using one in Germany for a couple of months then will bring it back and swap over (insurance restrictions). I am a happy bunny again.

I even updated by cover pic to show all 3 bikes.

Ali

Edited by AliG, 14 April 2019 - 09:01 am.

#19 TDM900OZ

TDM900OZ

seems to like Carpe

• 72 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 01:19 pm

That first picture looks like Australia :)

I reckon it's just very sticky tyres :lol:

#20 Bazf12

Bazf12

arrived on last train

• 5 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 04 August 2019 - 01:04 pm

hi

reading the thread and i can't work out if anything is still available please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users