#1 bondy

bondy

850 going for 900

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:45 pm

Getting my documents together last night, oh shit no insurance punishment.gif . On the phone this morning and alls well, new insurance with euro breakdown faxed through.
phew that was close. good.gif
RTT hair cut done this morning as well.

#2 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:58 pm

hell your suffering a bout of "Dandyisim", he'll ferget his helmet or durex no doubt !

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#3 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:44 pm

i put the TDM in for a service on friday and forgot to ask for an MOT at the time
had torush back down there on Sat morning, luckily it was raining so a couple of squids hadnt turned up for their MOTs

not had me hair cut yet and not sorted out the spare room for hartside
think i better pull me finger out

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#4 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:47 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Tue 3rd Jul 2007, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hell your suffering a bout of "Dandyisim", he'll ferget his helmet or durex no doubt !

He'll get by with either rolleyes.gif

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#5 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:52 pm

QUOTE(Pict @ Tue 3rd Jul 2007, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He'll get by with either rolleyes.gif

home brew sheep shearing to do yet cool.gif

then just a long journey down unsure.gif it's actually further from Carlisle to Dover than it is from dunkirk to ruppertshoffen blink.gif

QUOTE(Toneski @ Tue 3rd Jul 2007, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not had me hair cut yet and not sorted out the spare room for hartside
think i better pull me finger out

blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif A couch or a matress will suffice rotflmmfao.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#6 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 03 July 2007 - 03:31 pm

QUOTE(Hartside Man @ Tue 3rd Jul 2007, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A couch or a matress will suffice rotflmmfao.gif

lol

we are having a shift around of rooms anyway dry.gif
little sister has finally moved out yahoo.gif so i get the room back that i vacated 10years ago blink.gif
my Nan is gettin on a bit sad.gif so looks like she's moving in to my old room for a couple of weeks each month
i get the other room/office
</ramble>

anyway.....
gotta clear a space and then the sofa bed is yours

time to pop out on trixy and have me hair cut, the long way round me thinks wink.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#7 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:32 pm

I've a pocket sized hammock I can lend you

#8 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:59 pm

QUOTE(Toneski @ Tue 3rd Jul 2007, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-//-
not had me hair cut yet ...

ill bring the clippers :-)

still to get:
alcaseltzer
aspirine
cash (to buy more of the above inloco...)

o... and bondy is dripdrying in a hotel in Ashford
i forgot to mention today's forecast...
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#9 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:39 pm

QUOTE(danceswithmopeds @ Tue 3rd Jul 2007, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've a pocket sized hammock I can lend you

Knotted hankie? How very English! rolleyes.gif

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#10 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:36 pm

Another Drama

After getting within 1/2 hour of our destination I receive a phone call , bad news your dad is on life support blink.gif

anyway it appears my dad had a really bad collapse (after many strokes over the last few years) heart stopped 3 times on way to hospital etc.

so after a nights rest I rode back from ruppertshoffen to Carlisle (non stop) 800 miles. (saddlesore)

have been to see my dad but it's not my dad just a shell of a human being ventilated

we have made the hard decision to see if he can manage on his own and at present he is breathing on his own but there is nothing else there unsure.gif

before anyone thinks i'm being a bit hard and calous, my dad has been declining in health over the last 5 years, to a point when he was just basically living but no more.

anyway enough of my woes, what i can say though, if it rains super hard in germany .. they will be testing all the beers in the local pub

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#11 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:55 pm

Sorry to hear your news Hartside Man. Been there myself so know what your going through.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#12 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:22 pm

really sorry to hear that Mark, but you did the right thing by getting home asap. There will be other RTT's but you only have one Dad.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#13 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:36 pm

QUOTE(Matlock @ Fri 6th Jul 2007, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry to hear your news Hartside Man. Been there myself so know what your going through.

Ditto - it's a long story, but in summary I misread my Mum's reassurance and went to a conference and my dad had died by the time I got back. Something I'll always regret.

QUOTE(Hartside Man @ Fri 6th Jul 2007, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
before anyone thinks i'm being a bit hard and callous

No way - your actions prove that. good.gif

#14 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:01 pm

Me thoughts are with ya amarko.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#15 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:20 pm

Shit, I thought I was having a bad week. My thoughts are with you.

#16 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:27 pm

QUOTE(danceswithmopeds @ Fri 6th Jul 2007, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shit, I thought I was having a bad week. My thoughts are with you.

Thank you all for you Kind words of support good.gif yup it's a real shitty feeling indeed. and the waiting and not knowing is really hard.

been back to see me dad again tonight and he is slowly slipping away sad.gif should anything happen in between visits, the nurses are going to call us.

#17 Doc

Doc

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:05 pm

Sounds like you have it right. Good decisions sometimes sound tough, but you know the situation and what's best for your Dad and family. Thoughts are with you.

#18 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:18 pm

QUOTE(Hartside Man @ Fri 6th Jul 2007, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so after a nights rest I rode back from ruppertshoffen to Carlisle (non stop) 800 miles.

Hell of a (return) trip, never mind the emotional circumstances and the weather. Nominee for Carpedian of the month?? blink.gif

#19 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:24 am

well My dad gave up the fight tonight / this morning now he is at peace, no more suffering.

would have liked to have been there at the end but after the fatefull call, we didn't get there quick enough and missed his passing by a few minutes, ehich in retrospect was probably a bit easier on my mum.

I'm ok guys just felt the need to talk (so to speak)

thanks for all the support and well wishes it's all appreciated at a tough time like this.

#20 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 05:51 am

[quote name='Hartside Man' date='Sat 7th Jul 2007, 02:09 AM' post='46661']
Condolences to yourself and family. I understand your feelings about not being there at the end (ref. my earlier note), but you can be reassured that in coming back you did absolutely the right thing for your Mum, so you can give her all the support she deserves. Take it easy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users