Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:47 pm

We have all done it when his age Lee but in our case a lot less traffic/diesel but no excuse on maintenance.

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#22 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

full o shoite

• 2,050 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:18 pm

Hopefully this is a humbling and salutary lesson for the lad. I was guilty of laziness, ignorance and excessive throttle twisting as a yoof but each off taught me a helluva lot. I have good habits to this day learned from not looking after my bike and rolling in the gutter.

The walk to the shed of shame will probably hurt more than his knee & elbow and for longer.

All the best.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#23 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,440 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:53 am

Camera hasn't done him any good has it. :lol:  

Good to here he's not to bashed up.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#24 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,088 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:49 pm

He's more worried about paying for the parts to mend it. It's a no pay no bike deal, so until he stumps up the readies the bike stays chained to the wall.  :) He will need new bike trousers too.

At least he wore all the kit, which saved him lots of injury so the Police were quite impressed.

No end of kids ride about in trainers etc.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#25 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:09 pm

1. heals up

2. gets more on road training.

3. pays for the bits to mend it.

I bloody hate / love cameras.  :lol:

Takes me back to that numpty that went through that fence on the BBC!

Nephew needs to understand that there's more to bike control than just bravery.

Sexy things, like counter steering, foot rest pressure, bum off seat, brake dragging, crank / wheel inertia, reading road conditions, throttle control

Should make training more meaningful, rewarding and ultimately successful.

Suggest finding a website or publication that touches on these subjects before he gets distracted by girls and GTi's,

#26 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,253 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:14 pm

Suggest finding a website or publication that touches on these subjects before he gets distracted by girls and GTi's,

Where have you been for the last 30years? at 17 I would bet he's already progressed through the girl stage and knows more about modern gti's than his parents :huh:

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#27 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:59 pm

Where have you been for the last 30years? at 17 I would bet he's already progressed through the girl stage and knows more about modern gti's than his parents :huh:

I don't know the chap, but still, I'd take that bet - or give up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users