#1 nitram

nitram

Carpe groupie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:44 pm

Roight, dunno if you can remember but I works for a company that is now owned by carphone warehouse. The CPW sale started today and the NAVMAN ICN520 is now just £174:99, down from £349:99. It's out of stock on the website but try your local stores and see if they have any in stock. I can't get any extra discount on that price unfortunately.

HELLFORDS have it for £190

And look at one of the websites that came up after a yahoo search for navman icn520..... linkage Surprised not to see Wicky on there yeahyeahyeah.gif *** warning adult content, possibly not worksafe ****

Edited by nitram, 13 July 2006 - 02:28 pm.

#2 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:03 pm

QUOTE(nitram @ Thu 13th Jul 2006, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
linkage Surprised not to see Wicky on there yeahyeahyeah.gif

beware this site is NSFW! wish i'd checked the link before clicking it ranting.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#3 andyj

andyj

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:06 pm

Just hovering your mouse over it might have given you a clue you should have been looking at it later in the privacy of your own dungeon.
Another boring night & I'm feeling pissed....

#4 nitram

nitram

Carpe groupie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:27 pm

QUOTE(Toneski @ Thu 13th Jul 2006, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
beware this site is NSFW! wish i'd checked the link before clicking it ranting.gif

Yeah I clicked it at work, there aren't any offensive images on there and as it's only a discussion regarding SATNAV (I didn't read them all though, so maybe some are rood). I thought it would be safe.

Apologies for any offence caused, it was not intended sad.gif blush.gif

#5 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:34 pm

QUOTE(nitram @ Thu 13th Jul 2006, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I clicked it at work, there aren't any offensive images on there and as it's only a discussion regarding SATNAV (I didn't read them all though, so maybe some are rood). I thought it would be safe.

Apologies for any offence caused, it was not intended sad.gif blush.gif

no offence, but just got back from a company funded long lunch in the local country pub, so i wasnt exactly paying much attention.
note to self: get a coffee and dont attempt anything complex this afternoon.

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#6 Dave in Thailand

Dave in Thailand

Carpe fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 182 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 13 July 2006 - 03:02 pm

QUOTE(Toneski @ Thu 13th Jul 2006, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
note to self: get a coffee and dont attempt anything complex this afternoon.

Can I copy your notes?

#7 nitram

nitram

Carpe groupie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 03:10 pm

Just been doing some research on the Navman. Apparently it's built on the Windows CE operating system. When the machine turns on it boots into satnav mode only.
Now then because it's basically a Windows CE PDA with application specific software, it has Windows CE functionality. So this means that you could possibly run applications written for Windows CE.................

TADA...........

There is alot to read on this site so beware.
There is also a thread on the pocket TV forum about watching movies on the older 510 unit here

So for the dosh it looks like a pretty versatile unit. Not only is it a SATNAV, but it's a PDA, MP3 player, Picture Viewer and Movie Player. Well it's all those extra things if you are prepared to have a twiddle.

The funny thing is (well I thought it was funny) is that if you get it running Windows CE, you can then install TomTom on it :roll
The reason to do that would be the TomTom updates are more readily available for free from dodgy sites if required wink.gif

#8 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 13 July 2006 - 09:09 pm

QUOTE(nitram @ Thu 13th Jul 2006, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Roight, dunno if you can remember but I works for a company that is now owned by carphone warehouse. The CPW sale started today and the NAVMAN ICN520 is now just £174:99, down from £349:99. It's out of stock on the website but try your local stores and see if they have any in stock. I can't get any extra discount on that price unfortunately.

And look at one of the websites that came up after a yahoo search for navman icn520..... linkage Surprised not to see Wicky on there yeahyeahyeah.gif *** warning adult content, possibly not worksafe ****

im a member.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#9 unclesumo

unclesumo

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 10:27 pm

im a member.

Yeah, but did you join the website?

#10 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 13 July 2006 - 10:49 pm

QUOTE(nitram @ Thu 13th Jul 2006, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought this unit was for cars , by that i mean it's not waterproof is it ??

defo a good price and if you can hack it's windows CE, then very versatile for the money good.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#11 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 13 July 2006 - 11:27 pm

Thats what you call 'adult content'? yeahyeahyeah.gif
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#12 nitram

nitram

Carpe groupie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 09:17 am

QUOTE(amarko5 @ Thu 13th Jul 2006, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought this unit was for cars , by that i mean it's not waterproof is it ??

It's not a waterproof unit, but it'll fit nicely in a tank bag clear cover cool.gif

#13 andyj

andyj

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 09:18 am

Please note there's a difference between running Windows CE (the base-level embedded operating system) and PocketPC (which has all the 'bonus' apps such as IE and Media Player added).

Also, these embedded devices quite often don't run the very latest version of CE.

Not having hacked a 520, I couldn't tell you how many of these differences would effect you although I know the device has been out for longer than a year, so PocketPC 2005 equivalency is out. It's probably running CE 4.2 (post 2003).

I'm a PocketPC developer, me.

Edited by andyj, 14 July 2006 - 09:22 am.

#14 nitram

nitram

Carpe groupie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 09:39 am

QUOTE(andyj @ Fri 14th Jul 2006, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please note there's a difference between running Windows CE (the base-level embedded operating system) and PocketPC (which has all the 'bonus' apps such as IE and Media Player added).

Also, these embedded devices quite often don't run the very latest version of CE.

Not having hacked a 520, I couldn't tell you how many of these differences would effect you although I know the device has been out for longer than a year, so PocketPC 2005 equivalency is out. It's probably running CE 4.2 (post 2003).

I'm a PocketPC developer, me.

One thing to note is these don't have an easy way of inputting text, I was reading through the thread about running pocketTv on one and one guy had difficulty inputting the registration number rolleyes.gif
All things can be got round eventually though, all depends how much you want something to work wink.gif

Even if you just use this for the SatNav functionality £175 is a good price, if you do get any other functionality out of it then that's a bonus in my eyes.

Is Pocket PC the same as Windows Mobile ? (My smartphone runs Windows Mobile)

Edited by nitram, 14 July 2006 - 09:40 am.

#15 andyj

andyj

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 10:49 am

QUOTE(nitram @ Fri 14th Jul 2006, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is Pocket PC the same as Windows Mobile ? (My smartphone runs Windows Mobile)

I think they're finally completely unifying them in the next (2007?) version but 2005 and before there are slight/subtle changes between the two versions. The end user isn't likely to notice, however. The first step towards unification came with the OS's standard menus going down to 2 menu choices only, so to be in keeping with the itty bitty phones that only had 2 buttons as 'smart' buttons. Presently there are differing Windows Mobile 2005 development kits for PocketPC and Smartphone.

Hardware-wise, I rather the Qtek9100 (and other labellings of the HTC device) which are more PDA than smartphone. The slide-out keyboard genuinely works, it's got WiFi and is a normal phone as well. Shame about the price, though.

Edited by andyj, 14 July 2006 - 10:53 am.

#16 nitram

nitram

Carpe groupie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 12:34 pm

QUOTE(andyj @ Fri 14th Jul 2006, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think they're finally completely unifying them in the next (2007?) version but 2005 and before there are slight/subtle changes between the two versions. The end user isn't likely to notice, however. The first step towards unification came with the OS's standard menus going down to 2 menu choices only, so to be in keeping with the itty bitty phones that only had 2 buttons as 'smart' buttons. Presently there are differing Windows Mobile 2005 development kits for PocketPC and Smartphone.

Hardware-wise, I rather the Qtek9100 (and other labellings of the HTC device) which are more PDA than smartphone. The slide-out keyboard genuinely works, it's got WiFi and is a normal phone as well. Shame about the price, though.

I really like smartphones, I have an old Orange SPV500. It's pretty good, trouble is the battery life is dreadful. You are lucky to get 8 hours out of the battery sad.gif
There is a really good website for smartphones/PDA type phones:
coolsmartphone
They always have loads of info about the latest gadgets.
I like the look of this one. I'm trying to get my boss to upgrade my old Nokia for this unsure.gif

The new XDA from O2 looks pretty special XDA Atom
Intel XScale PXA 27x 520Mhz CPU, Wifi, 240x320 screen, 2 megapixel cam (with flash), 192Mb ROM / 64Mb RAM and Tri-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE. It'll run Windows Mobile 5.0 with push-email and has bluetooth 1.2 on board.

#17 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 14 July 2006 - 12:47 pm

QUOTE(unclesumo @ Thu 13th Jul 2006, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, but did you join the website?

rotflmmfao.gif

Stu

#18 andyj

andyj

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 12:48 pm

So, pretty much did the O2 XDA II Mini S (which is one of the Qtek 9100 rebadges I mentioned, all made originally by HTC). The camera is certainly the best I've seen so far in a phone device but I've get to see what a Samsung D600's camera can do). Seeing as I bought a spiffing 6MP (10MP interpolated) Samsung camera for 105 squids off eBuyer I'd expect the one built into their flagship phone is a bit of alright too.

Edited by andyj, 14 July 2006 - 12:52 pm.

#19 nitram

nitram

Carpe groupie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 01:28 pm

QUOTE(andyj @ Fri 14th Jul 2006, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, pretty much did the O2 XDA II Mini S (which is one of the Qtek 9100 rebadges I mentioned, all made originally by HTC). The camera is certainly the best I've seen so far in a phone device but I've get to see what a Samsung D600's camera can do). Seeing as I bought a spiffing 6MP (10MP interpolated) Samsung camera for 105 squids off eBuyer I'd expect the one built into their flagship phone is a bit of alright too.

My missus has a D500 and I've just got her a Sony Errrrriiiiccccssssssooooonnnn K800i today, this has a 3.2megapixel phone. It'll be delievered next week, so I'll let you know what the camera is like on that when I have a good play biggrin.gif

I went to the CPW store in Canary Wharf to get it, I'd checked out the website for the prices (phone is free, 12 months 1/2 price line rental (via chequeback) on an 18 month contract, 600 x-net minutes and 100 txts for £35 per month). Blokey in there says, thats a web only deal mate rolleyes.gif
So I comes back to the office, clicks on the web to buy it, trys to find the bit so I can enter the porting number cos we is moving from Orange to O2 and it says you have to do that over the phone rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif They reckons we should get it on Monday now. The missus is gonna be ranting.gif cos she thinks I'm bringing it home with me.

#20 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:22 pm

QUOTE(nitram @ Fri 14th Jul 2006, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've just got her a Sony Errrrriiiiccccssssssooooonnnn K800i today, this has a 3.2megapixel phone. It'll be delievered next week, so I'll let you know what the camera is like on that when I have a good play biggrin.gif

I went to the CPW store in Canary Wharf to get it, I'd checked out the website for the prices (phone is free,

i have the w800i same camera and its not too shabby in good light. a little blurry round the edges but for a camera phone,its half decent a tad slow response from clicking the shutter but hey it was a bonus for me as i got the phone for the mp3 side of things.

heres a couple of pics with the camera

PIC1 my chinese enduro
PIC2 ma TDM
PIC3 off de eiiffel tower

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users