Photo
- - - - -

New Kid In The Block (Newbie Introduction Post)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MAW

MAW

seems to like Carpe

• 46 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:53 am

Hello guys

I am officially an owner of a 4TX6 2000 TDM 850.

A small resume of my self I manage a Bicycle shop for living at my 50s in Venezuela, also own a Moto Guzzi V11 Sport and a Majesty 125 all of them from 2000.

But I was in the need of a big motor upright possition and some kind of dual porpoise capabilities, a friend of mine was in the mood of sale his bike and I end up bringing her home.

After ride the Guzzi as a big cc engine I found the TDM easy  and light  with a poor suspensions.

I have to confess the althoguht the  bike is unmolested she did not receive all the love she deserve in the last 15 years or the presume 40k kilometers since the clock stop working around 25k due a problem with a sensor on the front wheel after a flat tyre (somebody have a clue of what I have been told)

My plans are using her as a commuting vehicle    since the Majesty will serve as a transportation of my son with some touring with the wife who is not too much happy with other bike in the garage.

I have been lurking in the forum for a about a couple of months now and already have a very good idea of what to espect of the bike but for sure will return for the knowlege and wisdom of all of you

Have a great day and I wish you health to enjoy your rides  

Attached Files

Wish you health to enjoy your rides from the sunny lands of Venezuela

#2 butcher650

butcher650

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:16 am

Welcome MAW! You'll get on well with Trevini on here owning a V11!

#3 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:15 am

:welcome: to the club MAW !

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#4 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:18 am

Hello Maw and welcome  :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#5 divvxj

divvxj

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:26 pm

hello and welcome :good:  :badgerrock:  :cake eating:

#6 Sidarta

Sidarta

just half a litre to go

• 845 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:01 pm

Hi Maw!

Be very welcome to the house.
It is almost certain; so your child back from the tour, the bike will no longer be yours.

Obvious; he will not return it to you. :P

Cheers!

Att
Sidarta 

TDM850 ano 2001
 Honda XLX 250 1988 
Honda Tornado 2005 - Honda CB400 1982 
Honda CB350 1972 e 1973

#7 toddyboy

toddyboy

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 121 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:45 pm

Great bikes. i owned one from new for ten years and it never let me down.

#8 Blue

Blue

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:44 am

Hello and welcome from me too. :good:

I have a Guzzi Griso as my other bike.

'Be as you wish to seem'

Oxford heated grips/Barkbuster guards/Centrestand/Givi racks/panniers/Maxia 55 topbox/SW Motech Handlebar risers/Fender extender/Rear hugger/Cuddly toy/Led running light/ MRA racing double bubble screen/ Simmi Performance exhausts with DB's fitted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users