Sir Cumference

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:25 pm

Dunno if CN is looking to ditch cars?

Car insurance renewal P take

CN Renewal no 'let me find you a better price' bollocks £501 :punishment: so I told em to shove it. Not a 6 wheeler policy cos that's more expensive than separate policies for me.

Meanwhile through the wonders of the interweb.......

The Opera singer £380

Reservoir Dogs £330

Noddy Dog £343 

All at zero voluntary excess & all other details are the same......draw your own conclusions

Bike is insured with CN too  ho hum  wait and see .......

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#2 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:55 pm

From my last quote for my TDM from CN I think they are trying to ditch bikes too, strange business plan.....

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#3 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:54 pm

Mmm an insurance company not selling insurance............

Said it before, new business almost always gets a healthy discount. If they don't reduce it when you ring up to challenge your renewal, it's usually not difficult to find another insurer that offers a good deal. Just remember the same routine next renewal time.

I only tried CN once for a quote and they were silly money so I've never gone back.

Edited by TKH, 09 January 2019 - 09:45 pm.

#4 Nog

Nog

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:50 am

I ditched CN a couple of years ago.  There is always the renewal game with all companies where you ring and they 'check' with the insurer and magically bring up a cheaper quote, but CN renewal quotes were getting silly and they wouldn't drop them any further.

Moved to BeMoto a while ago and so far really impressed with them.

#5 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:36 pm

Auntie Carole tried it on with me too last year. My multibike (TDM900, XTZ750 & Honda Crosstourer) went from £320 to £570. Full no claims, IAM and no accidents since Ghandi was a boy. Rang them, they kept me on the phone for 20 mins and finally said they could do £490 at best, but the excess was higher. Ringing around I got the same cover with Bikesure (using my MAG discount) for £250, including free clothing & helmet cover, but not the Euro Breakdown cover CN throws in. Rang Auntie C to cancel the auto-renewal that they all do these days and they instantly dropped a further £140 to £350. I politely declined their kind offer  :P

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#6 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:16 pm

Thanks for the reminder about insurance, made me realise I hadn't cancelled the Admiral policy on my car!  Proved to be a remarkably painless process.  £50 cancellation fee is a bit steep but to be honest I was expecting it to be more.

Insuring it in NL was a pain though, car didn't exist on any database so had to start from scratch and supply all the vehicle details before they could give me a quote that didn't include no claims.  I then had to pay for the insurance, send in my no claims details, and let them determine how much no claims they'd give me and then refund me.  Strange system.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#7 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:03 am

All a bit double dutch eh ? :P

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#8 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:34 pm

Not a very nice sounding Christmas Carole..........   ( belated)

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#9 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 17 April 2020 - 11:17 am

Classic car policy. I went back to Carole after many years of ignoring her...on set up I made it very clear not to auto renew..letter comes through..no need to bother yourself with anything we will "renew your policy automatically" ...at double the price of last year. Oh dear, I see things haven't improved for the old gal.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#10 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 17 April 2020 - 12:01 pm

I am waiting with bated breath for my car renewal on 6th June. I had an argument with a deer last September and my car was written off. RIAS/AGEAS were absolutely brilliant. I got a swift and reasonable payout and they didn't charge me the admin fee when I got a new car. None of us want to have an accident, but if we do, we want the claims side to be as smooth and painless as possible. I am just hoping that they don't try to gouge me on my renewal, the same way as Bennetts did on all 3 bikes.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users