• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Pantboy_*

Guest_Pantboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:26 pm

QUOTE(GuyGraham @ Wed 6th Feb 2008, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Emmett - you reading this, ref http://www.carpe-tdm...?showtopic=6560

I knew I wasn't dreaming when I said I'd been told you can't use your NCB on more than one policy, and that you have to start a second one with zero NCB if you want two policies.

yeah, but you can be sure that if you have a claim on one policy it will affect the no claims on all the policies you have, you're damned if you do damned if you don't.

#42 JollyGiant

JollyGiant

Crap Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,406 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:35 pm

Just got my INsurance Cert through and I can ride any motorcycle TP but only as long as its over 350????

Why 350 I havent got a clue does anybody else haev any idea's??? huh.gif

My Super Modded TDM has gone to a new home :(

I'm now a carbon whore!

#43 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:13 pm

QUOTE(Jolly Giant @ Thu 7th Feb 2008, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just got my INsurance Cert through and I can ride any motorcycle TP but only as long as its over 350????

Why 350 I havent got a clue does anybody else haev any idea's??? huh.gif

coz ur too fat and anything below that engine size would be dangerous? unsure.gif

tongue.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#44 Jankers

Jankers

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:48 pm

Just been quoted £89.00 odd from Insureyourbike.com (http://www.insureyourbike.com/)

with 3 years ncb for TPFT, but have had a license for 35 years.
Tempted, but check out their charges if you need to change mid policy.

Policy is Red star and inc other bike (not owned) at 3rd Party only and £150? excess.
Legal and helmet or luggage not covered.

J.

#45 JollyGiant

JollyGiant

Crap Citizen

• 3,406 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:48 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Thu 7th Feb 2008, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
coz ur too fat and anything below that engine size would be dangerous? unsure.gif
tongue.gif

Yeah you're right!!! uhmyeah.gif tongue.gif

Should have seen me on my old GP100 yeahyeahyeah.gif rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif

Anyway I'm not fat just very large and flexible bones!!! good.gif

Edited by Jolly Giant, 07 February 2008 - 08:50 pm.

My Super Modded TDM has gone to a new home :(

I'm now a carbon whore!

#46 johnschmidt

johnschmidt

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 114 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:11 pm

QUOTE(ajfergie @ Tue 5th Feb 2008, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well lads, got my insurance sorted tonight, went with Carole Nash, fully comp, legal protection cover,
breakdown assist inc home start, 90 day european cover, unlmited mileage, £100 xs,
can ride another bike not owned by me on third party cover, £171.81
thats with one years no claims disc
rolleyes.gif

I think Carole Nash is taking the piss with me now. I got my renewal notice the other day, cover pretty much the same as above, but I have full No Claims and am the wrong side of 50 . They want £202, which include £39 broker fee. What the hell do they do to justify the broker fee on a renewal?

ranting.gif John
What's all this about signatures Ted?

Don't need no oil drums no more.

#47 johnschmidt

johnschmidt

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:43 pm

Have now gone on-line and got a quote from ebike. £105 fully comp with UK recovery thrown in. I think my dosh will go in their direction.
John

#48 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:44 pm

Why do I keep looking at this thread, and upsetting myself with the low ,low prices you guys pay for insurance?

#49 johnschmidt

johnschmidt

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 07:46 pm

Be happy, Danceswith mopeds, all low insurance means is that we are nearer death than you are.
And on that cheery note......
John

#50 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:05 pm

QUOTE(johnschmidt @ Thu 14th Feb 2008, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Be happy, Danceswith mopeds, all low insurance means is that we are nearer death than you are.
And on that cheery note......
John

Fuck it, that means I'm going to live forever.

#51 Guest_E.T._*

Guest_E.T._*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:06 pm

Interestingly after following this thread, I phoned up Carole Nash, who had sent me a renewal notice for £180.54, 4 years NCB, £400 Excess, Business use etc

I stated that this seems high in comparison to what others are paying (I'm in a very safe area, RoSPA Gold, Locked Garage etc) what about doing something with the quote. wink.gif

They called you lot liars and that they wouldn't do policies of "exactly £xxx" blink.gif I think I chucked in £130 as an example. So anyway I continued, well if that is the case, I'll look around and come back again with a lower quote, then you give me a better price OR, you can save me the fag of looking. wub.gif

Nope didn't budge. sad.gif

So I went and looked. Here's the thing, I also went to CN's own site and stuck all my details in there. Guess what? Same cover for £130. For £170, £10 less than the original £180 I can get protected no claims and an excess of £250. blink.gif

#52 David H

David H

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:59 am

Just tried carole gash online. Quote is a full £7 cheaper! rolleyes.gif

But it does include Euro breakdown cover. yahoo.gif Ebike euro cover was £50 and my 'old' bike didn't qualify. dry.gif

#53 RevvinKevin

RevvinKevin

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 53 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:22 am

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Fri 7th Dec 2007, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Never ring them
go on-line

I saved £50 by doing mine on line
TDM = £47
XTZ = £55

I just had my renewal for my Pan through from Carole Nash. £241 fully comp. Went onto go compare.com. Got quotes down to £185. Rang Nash.
Got it down to £182 including breakdown , legal and protected NC.
Go to the websites, get your ammo and then ring your broker. They can do deals but only if you ask.

Edited by RevvinKevin, 15 February 2008 - 10:24 am.

Honda SS50(4 speed), Honda CB 125S, Honda CB550K3, Laverda Mirage 1200, Kawasaki GPZ550, Kawasaki GPz550 (Unitrak), Yamaha 600 Diversion, Yamaha TDM 900, Yamaha XT660, Honda ST1300, Yamaha FZ6 Fazer

#54 BN2TDM

BN2TDM

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 04:24 pm

Bennetts sent my renewal this morning. Gawd did the envelope thud down on the doormat...

THE GOOD: Turned out I had 1 years more NCB than I thought I had clapping.gif

THE BAD: TPFT cover for £144.49 (up from £109.58) mad.gif, 4 years NCB, NO recovery included mad.gif And they now want £50 voluntary XS and £350 compulsory XS (up from £0 voluntary XS and £200 compulsory XS) mad.gif

I recently decided to go down the fully comp route when the time came, so I did an online quote on the Bennetts website - £220 ranting.gif and £100 voluntary XS and £500 compulsory XS ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif

Have done a few online quotes, and Carole Nash will do fully comp WITH full recovery package AND legal protection,leathers/helmet cover blah blah blah for....£137.35 yeahyeahyeah.gif The Policy Shop came out at £151.19 for the same. No voluntary XS and only £200 compulsory XS.

Only problem with those two quotes though is that I can't pay it monthly (yes I know it's much better to pay it all in one lump, but it's easier for me and it's only an extra couple of quid a month).

Just about to phone Bennetts (oops, too late will have to do it tomorrow) with these figures. If they will match the prices AND the policy details (bet they don't but it's worth a try) then I will be renewing through them. If they don't/won't, I'm off to raid the piggy banks of everyone in the house rotflmmfao.gif

Edited by brightonTDM, 12 April 2008 - 04:24 pm.

Who on earth made me get a ZX9R???? I'll get 'em....

#55 Landy

Landy

I should post less and ride more

• 1,387 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 12 April 2008 - 04:44 pm

Did you try Confused.com they came us trump for both my bike and car last year.
TS50ER, Suzuki GT125, Cagiva 125, Suzuki GT250 20 year gap. Honda CBF600. Discovered the joy of TDM, 1974 GT250 has joined the stable
Vario touring screen, Stainless Steel Rad Guard, Fender Extender (it came off), Givi V46 Topbox (inc brake light), SW-Motech Engine Bars, Wingrack, LED Tail Light
Still in the shed:- BMW Hand Guards, Heated Grips, Aux Lamps.

#56 Guest_Pantboy_*

Guest_Pantboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:15 pm

i had the same crap from bennetts for the insurance on my ZX7R in march, it went up from £155 TPFT to £180 TPFT. it was the first time my insurance renewal has ever gone up and i have 9 years no claim on that policy, went online and got it for £109 TPFT including legal and breakdown cover and protected no claims from carole nash, phoned bennets and they said they could do it for £148 (WHY DIDN'T THEY OFFER ME THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE) but they could not match the CN quote.
when the CN policy came through the post it was from exactly the same insurance company (groupama) as the bennetts policy.

the thing is, if bennetts had given me the £148 quote first time, with me been a lazy fecker i would have just renewed the policy with them, so it's their loss for trying to rip me off.

#57 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:01 pm

Last insurance with CarolGnash was £125.

New Carole "best price" = £138.45 TPFT, excess £400.

Motorcycle Direct = £109.75, excess £150 "call us back if you get find cheaper".

AQuote (via thebikeinsurer in orig post linky dinky) = £61.94. blink.gif I then bypassed the online payment and phoned them direct with ref no from comparison site and got legal cover bunged in fur noubt.

Carole attempt 2 at best price = £123.45, excess £400 laugh.gif

Thing is the £138.45 and £61.94 were from exactly the same underwriters with the same terms and conditions (apart from Gnash wanting double the excess).

BYE BYE Carole.

Thanks for that linky dinky Amarko.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#58 Guest_E.T._*

Guest_E.T._*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:24 pm

CAn't remember numbers...BUT

Carole NAsh was cheapest for me BUT

another £50 cheaper doing it online (despite me asking the Q when I phoned on the "lazy dude phone this number to renew" form that CN had sent through) is that really your best offer??? Yes. Sure?? Okay I'll look around a bit and if you're the best I'll come back. I looked around, found it cheaper, then cheaper then cheapest with ...Carole Nash on line.

Wankers

#59 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:55 pm

well i decided to go fully comp this year and paid £187.45 fer 2 TDM850's, i can add as many boikes as i want to this policy. I could have got it cheaper but i couldn't be arsed to get too many udder quotes so i coughed up the above amount after getting them down from £207.00, so i'm still with Carole Nash fer me boikes and me pickup truck.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#60 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:58 pm

So how's the new pick-up Wicky? We have'nt heard a lot from you since you got it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users