#1 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:37 pm

Fired up the Mrs Divvy 600 for the first time since about October, and it's got a noticeable rattle from the clutch housing on idle.  Pull the clutch in and it gets a bit quieter but still rattles a bit, but give it any revs and it goes away completely.  Is this something I should be worried about?   

Edited by ChrisG, 04 May 2013 - 05:02 pm.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#2 Matt101

Matt101

full o shoite

• 2,391 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:14 pm

They all do that sir! It is an annoying trait with the 600 Chris. There is a fix over on the http://diversionclub...ay&thread=15056

Up to you if you do it. Sme have and some put up with it!

#3 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:56 pm

Oil pump drive pin on back of clutch basket, simple fix as Matt says. they all do that sir. Use a bit of silver steel to make a pin. erm   :um:  5mm IIRC.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#4 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:01 pm

Cheers, don't sound like it's a major problem then.  the clutch cover gasket is weeping slightly so if I ever get round to fixing that I'll take a look at that pin at the same time.

2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

#5 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:16 pm

You can also use the shank of a 5mm drill, but you will have to grind down one end to fit in the small slot as they are not both the same size. The small pin fits one and not the other. Lazy way of doing it mr yamaha san.  :punishment:

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#6 Pantboy

Pantboy

850 going for 900

• 890 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:30 pm

Chris, I think I have a box of 5mm silver steel in the stores at work, I could post you some if you are going to do the job, i'll check when I get back on Tuesday and let you know.

#7 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:20 pm

a bit about 20mm long is enough to make two.

#8 Pantboy

Pantboy

850 going for 900

• 890 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:37 pm

a bit about 20mm long is enough to make two.

so the 10 or so 300mm lengths in the box should be enough then

#9 TinTin

TinTin

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:51 pm

Get the carbs balanced. Should make a difference

#10 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:15 am

Cheers for the offer but I don't think it sounds like something I need to worry about in the near future.  

#11 charlietbird

charlietbird

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 127 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:37 am

I wouldn't worry about it. Mine's been rumbling away for about 20000 miles with no ill effects!

Charlie

Edited by charlietbird, 05 May 2013 - 08:38 am.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users