#1 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:25 pm

As my cans sound rather fruity I was thinking of swapping them out for the standard cans !

just don't want too attract the attention of too many police.

what do you think i should do, keep the noise on or swap for sedate subtle sound ?

erdferkel you may be best to comment ?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#2 Guest_erdferkel_*

Guest_erdferkel_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:34 pm

hello,

if the cans are ok in the country where your bike is plated, there won't be trouble by the german police. the "STVZO" the rules for sound, lights and everything appies only for german plated bikes.
klaus58 has a french plate, and the bike is very loud, and has some more modfications the "tüv" might not approve of, but as it has a french plate....
brakes, lights and such must be working of course, but if the sound restrictions in the country of origin of the bike are not as restrictive as in germany it should be ok.
i'll ask a german lawyer in the german forum as well.
you might want to learn to pronounce "ich verstehe kein deutsch" but some of the force even speak english rotflmmfao.gif

HTH
glückauf
ralf

#3 duibhce Kaelann

duibhce Kaelann

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:41 pm

QUOTE(erdferkel @ Sat 30th Jun 2007, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello,

if the cans are ok in the country where your bike is plated, there won't be trouble by the german police. the "STVZO" the rules for sound, lights and everything appies only for german plated bikes.
klaus58 has a french plate, and the bike is very loud, and has some more modfications the "tüv" might not approve of, but as it has a french plate....
brakes, lights and such must be working of course, but if the sound restrictions in the country of origin of the bike are not as restrictive as in germany it should be ok.

hmm, I have heard from Belgian bikers that have had to leave their bike at the side of the road in the Eifel region to be picked up with a trailer... Got a nice fine on top of it as well.
Yamaha XJ600S Diversion '94
Yamaha XJ900S Diversion '97
Suzuki SV650S '01
Yamaha TDM900 '04

Yamaha XT660Z Ténéré '08 + Yamaha TRX850 '97

I'll let go of my throttle when they pry it from my cold, dead hands...

#4 Guest_erdferkel_*

Guest_erdferkel_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:53 pm

QUOTE(duibhce Kaelann @ Sat 30th Jun 2007, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm, I have heard from Belgian bikers that have had to leave their bike at the side of the road in the Eifel region to be picked up with a trailer... Got a nice fine on top of it as well.

ahh, yes, the eifel region is special. because of the huge amount of open racing cans the police there use drastic measures, they even confiscate open cans from the bikes and everything. even if it is an older legal can or a corroded stock can, if it's too loud, they end the ride.... this practice is a little controversial in the legal system....
i'll post the answer from the german lawyer as soon as i get it...

glückaufralf
(silent pig with -not in- marving cans)

#5 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 08:03 pm

QUOTE(erdferkel @ Sat 30th Jun 2007, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ahh, yes, the eifel region is special. because of the huge amount of open racing cans the police there use drastic measures, they even confiscate open cans from the bikes and everything. even if it is an older legal can or a corroded stock can, if it's too loud, they end the ride.... this practice is a little controversial in the legal system....
i'll post the answer from the german lawyer as soon as i get it...

glückaufralf
(silent pig with -not in- marving cans)

thanks so far good.gif might just swap them over tomorrow rather than cause any hassle or attention

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#6 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 08:30 pm

QUOTE(erdferkel @ Sat 30th Jun 2007, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you might want to learn to pronounce "ich verstehe kein deutsch" but some of the force even speak english rotflmmfao.gif

HTH
glückauf
ralf

nah you will have to translate that one ralf, I do not understand German rotflmmfao.gif

#7 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 30 June 2007 - 08:44 pm

QUOTE(erdferkel @ Sat 30th Jun 2007, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
silent pig with -not in- marving cans

Hallo Erdfurzel?? rolleyes.gif

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#8 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 30 June 2007 - 09:39 pm

I put on my stock cans last week for similar reaons but put the CCC legals back on again after countless dozy bastard pedestrians walked out in front of me in the rain........... blink.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#9 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 09:50 pm

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Sat 30th Jun 2007, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I put on my stock cans last week for similar reaons but put the CCC legals back on again after countless dozy bastard pedestrians walked out in front of me in the rain........... blink.gif

yeah but its a long journey and i might be deaf by the end of it huh.gif

#10 bondy

bondy

850 going for 900

• 852 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:39 am

QUOTE(Hartside Man @ Sat 30th Jun 2007, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah but its a long journey and i might be deaf by the end of it huh.gif

Pardon

#11 Guest_erdferkel_*

Guest_erdferkel_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:36 am

the german lawyer has not answerd yet...i'll post ASAP

QUOTE(Pict @ Sat 30th Jun 2007, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hallo Erdfurzel?? rolleyes.gif

ah, better pig in a can than corned beef wink.gif

glückauf

ralf

#12 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:23 pm

QUOTE(erdferkel @ Sun 1st Jul 2007, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the german lawyer has not answerd yet...i'll post ASAP
ah, better pig in a can than corned beef wink.gif

glückauf

ralf

Tis ok Ralf i have erred on the side of caution and swapped em over today. so you won't hear me sneaking into your homeland cool.gif

#13 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:57 pm

you're better off with road legal if you want to ride round the nurburgring while we are there unsure.gif
they are apparently stricter on noise levels than what is required by law blink.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users