• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 rcmad

rcmad

discovering Carpe

• 15 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 26 August 2019 - 05:57 pm

As above. Due to a 3rd gear issue and lack of spare parts i've decided to break My TDM. Bit gutted TBH as it was a good looking bike.

Attached File  08houbihj bhojipk.jpg   385.03KB   1 downloads

link to photos https://photos.app.g...eofuRWNS7zMHju5

Bits with price tags

Ignitech Sparker TCIP4, with plug and play loom for the tdm850 - £50.00 posted

Wiwo Wire / spokd wheels, made to exact same dimensions as stock wheels so bolt right in. Front wheel will need new bearings as i was running a different fork setup (different axle diameter)  will need 2 standard front bearings. Power coated in balck with Stainless spokes / nipples. Disks on front are a year old. Rear is original.  Wiwo have gone the way of the dinousour and i've not seen another TDM with Wire wheels, these may be the only ones in existance? Think i have about £1000 in theses wheels with the powerdercoatign and new spokes. £500.00 pickup only Peterborough

YSS rear shock. £80.00 posted

Pannier setup £100 local pickup - the frames were for a MK but i modified them to fit the MK2, some brackets could do with a strip and spray. Panniers are top loading units similar to pelicans. Keyed identical with locks.

Open to offers on everything else. If theres something that you need and i've not listed let me know.

Other info i can think of

Bike had about 25K miles on it.

Head looks to be in good condition, did a quick check berofe taking the bike apart and most of the valve clearances were within spec.

Cylinder bores have some light vertical scoring on the front and back of engine. Honing still visible in other places

Crankshaft looks like new. Barely any wear on bearing surfaces that i can see, including big end bearings.

Carbs were rebuilt a couple of years ago.

Frame is dirty but complete, no broken brackets - Swingarm has a dent on one side and rust patches underneath. - will come with plate and V5.

Grab rail was drilled to accept an aluminium Givi monokey (i think) baseplate. Been steady as a rock.

Think the centre stand and engine bars are Sw-motech.

Headlight is modded to run two projector style headlights. They have an electrically operated flap in them to swith between low and high beam

Rear light loom was modified by a previous owner to provide provision for secondary brake light

Main loom was modified by previous to provide power tap- fused

Parts sold so far

Cylinder Head inc cams

Centre stand

Headlight

Engine Bars

Edited by rcmad, 28 August 2019 - 06:59 am.

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,101 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 26 August 2019 - 06:23 pm

Those wheels are mega. Good luck with the breaking, shame.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 chrisbee

chrisbee

Carpe Addict

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 26 August 2019 - 06:31 pm

How much do you want for the mototech engine guards??

#4 MickC

MickC

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 26 August 2019 - 07:14 pm

rcmad

Explain the wheels if you can,stock hubs drilled?

If 3rd gear is just whining try a loud exhaust :good:

Forget it just read the post again sorry.

Edited by MickC, 26 August 2019 - 07:19 pm.

#5 rcmad

rcmad

discovering Carpe

• 15 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 07:50 pm

The wheel hubs are custom machined from a block of aluminium so not stock hubs at all. Hubs are stamped Wiwo, a lot of internet searching found out very little, apart from they were a company in Germany that manufactured custom wheels and braking systems for bikes and that they went out of business in the 90's. I should have some pictures kicking about from when I first got them. They were originally on a MK1 bike over in ireland
Chrisbee, £35 posted? I need to find the other rubber bung, will be in the garage somewhere

Edited by rcmad, 26 August 2019 - 07:50 pm.

#6 chrisbee

chrisbee

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 08:13 pm

👍

I will have the bars👍👍
RCmad, i have sent you a message

#7 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 26 August 2019 - 11:14 pm

RCMAD,  How much for the centre stand the modified headlight and the hand guards and the necessary fitting hardware please?

Can you also tell me if the rear wheel has a cush drive incorporated into the sprocket carrier i wonder?

Edited by wicklamulla, 26 August 2019 - 11:26 pm.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#8 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,749 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:38 am

What does the ignitech thing do?
Fancy the head with caps so I can refurb/ port and do a swap for mine

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#9 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,732 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:47 am

Such a shame, lovely bike especially with those wheels, dont think me budget is gonna stretch that far though..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#10 rcmad

rcmad

discovering Carpe

• 15 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:55 am

RCMAD,  How much for the centre stand the modified headlight and the hand guards and the necessary fitting hardware please?

Can you also tell me if the rear wheel has a cush drive incorporated into the sprocket carrier i wonder?

There are no handguards but you can have the stand and the Headlight for £85 if that sounds fair to you.

Also the rear sprocket does have a cush drive setup.

What does the ignitech thing do?
Fancy the head with caps so I can refurb/ port and do a swap for mine

Replaces the stock ECU and allows you to alter the ignitiong timing etc. http://www.ignitech.cz/en/.

A complete head sold on ebay recently for £130.  £100 any good to you? its quite heavy so would either have to pickup or i'd have to sort a sturdy box for it.

#11 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:48 am

There are no handguards but you can have the stand and the Headlight for £85 if that sounds fair to you.

Also the rear sprocket does have a cush drive setup.

Replaces the stock ECU and allows you to alter the ignitiong timing etc. http://www.ignitech.cz/en/.

A complete head sold on ebay recently for £130.  £100 any good to you? its quite heavy so would either have to pickup or i'd have to sort a sturdy box for it.

Thanks very much RCMAD £85 is fine.   The reason i asked about the cush drive was some of the smaller Yamaha off road bikes wheels/hubs have no cush drive and it wrecks gearboxes and i incorrectly assumed thas what killed 3rd gear on yer TDM.    Ok i'll private message you regarding payment.  K

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#12 danjohnston89

danjohnston89

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 63 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:04 pm

Where are you located? If youre not to far away Ill have the luggage set off you
Cheers
Also would be interested in the rear brake master cylinder, how much for that? Cheers

#13 rcmad

rcmad

discovering Carpe

• 15 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 06:58 am

danjohnston89, located just north of peterborough.£15 posted for the master cylinder.

#14 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,347 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)

Posted 10 September 2019 - 02:43 pm

I'd like the fuel tap at the right price, assuming it's the on/off/reserve type.
Dave

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#15 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,388 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:17 pm

What price is the stator please?

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#16 Andy25

Andy25

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:38 pm

Interested in the Front Brake calipers - how much ?

#17 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:03 pm

got my items in the post,  thanks very much. K

#18 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,347 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)

Posted 16 September 2019 - 11:33 am

Interested in the Front Brake calipers - how much ?

I did send a pm about the calipers on the 10th but not heard anything yet, I assume he's away or something.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#19 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 12:18 pm

I did send a pm about the calipers on the 10th but not heard anything yet, I assume he's away or something.

i suspect he's on his lolidays at the moment.

#20 Andy25

Andy25

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 05:00 pm

I've bought a set from Ebay so I'm sorted ( or will be when they arrive )
Hopefully you'll get sorted soon

i suspect he's on his lolidays at the moment.

Hopefully somewhere nice

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Spoked wheels, panniers, shock, ignitech., bits

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users