#1 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,274 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:45 pm

Long shot but is anyone here interested in a 1995 XJ600S Diversion?

New rear tyre and plenty on the front, electric fuel pump, only 16k miles, rentec rear rack with givi plate, engine bars

Screen's got a bit of crazing on it, and there are a few chips in the paint as you'd expect for the age.

I plan to get it MoT'd before sale.    

Located in Aldershot and would need to be collected early March.  Looks like they go for around a grand

VNeqP5m.jpg?1

(and yes I need to weed the drive!)

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#2 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,663 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:06 pm

Not for a grand, but I've got a mate in Bristol who is doing his test in March, and I've recommended a boring green Divvy to him as a good place to start.  I've bought and sold a couple and to get a grand it has to be exceptional, otherwise i would expect between £400-£800, but anything more than that is a bonus. Clutch rattle brings the price down but the repair is simple

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#3 divvxj

divvxj

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:13 pm

Bugger, Aldershot is to far , otherwise i might have been interested , got no bike at the mo as my niner is sold, no re-located to Keswick area

#4 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,274 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:19 pm

Cheers fixitsan, I was surprised to see online price guides suggesting over a grand to be honest, and some advertised for way more.  Happy to take a bit less than that but Bristol might be a bit far.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#5 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,663 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:05 pm

Cheers fixitsan, I was surprised to see online price guides suggesting over a grand to be honest, and some advertised for way more.  Happy to take a bit less than that but Bristol might be a bit far.

At best the prices are variable. The two i bought were both cheap, one hadn't run for 2 years and had clutch rattle, which I got for £375 and went straight through the MOT after a bit of fettling. The other was £450 but it was tatty and I just broke even selling it at £550 after recomissioning. You should probably advertise at £1000, because I've also seen them go for more, and it is low mileage

Bugger, Aldershot is to far , otherwise i might have been interested , got no bike at the mo as my niner is sold, no re-located to Keswick area

Are you interested in another 900, I'm soon to put one through the MOT and sell it. 60k miles, £1200 but some arm twisting is fine

#6 divvxj

divvxj

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 24 January 2020 - 06:34 pm

At best the prices are variable. The two i bought were both cheap, one hadn't run for 2 years and had clutch rattle, which I got for £375 and went straight through the MOT after a bit of fettling. The other was £450 but it was tatty and I just broke even selling it at £550 after recomissioning. You should probably advertise at £1000, because I've also seen them go for more, and it is low mileage

Are you interested in another 900, I'm soon to put one through the MOT and sell it. 60k miles, £1200 but some arm twisting is fine

Sorry but no, I am looking for something smaller and I wouldn't do the niner justice as it wouldn't get the use it deserves ,plus because I am a short arse I found the niner was getting to a  wee bit of a handfull when I was pushing it up a wee slope I have outside the garage but thanks for the offer :good:

#7 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,663 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 09:09 pm

Sorry but no, I am looking for something smaller and I wouldn't do the niner justice as it wouldn't get the use it deserves ,plus because I am a short arse I found the niner was getting to a  wee bit of a handfull when I was pushing it up a wee slope I have outside the garage but thanks for the offer :good:

A Divvy is still a good choice then. I liked the linear power delivery and they seem to handle well enough when the shock is working. Plenty of cheap ones about though....I almost bid on this for my mate today but it's too far away from either of us. £205 !   https://www.ebay.co....=p2047675.l2557

XJ900's are good for a hoot and shaft drive so easier to keep

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users