#1 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:15 am

Need to get me touring fix for this year. The TDM is out, so its "Tour De Treader". Loike motorboikes, they make the panniers for these things unnecessarily huge! They are bigger than the TDM's E21's! rolleyes.gif

Startin off from the folks in Devonia and the worlds me lobster.

Attached File  Tour_de_treader.JPG   78.85KB   52 downloads

Attached File  sat_nav.JPG   30.35KB   44 downloads

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#2 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:29 am

good.gif

Me thinks ya need a front mudguard other wise you won't be able to see the "Sat Nav" for all that crap flinging up in ya face. tongue.gif

But hang on, I thought your name was Dappers not here Sat "Nav" rotflmmfao.gif

#3 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:31 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Wed 3rd Jun 2009, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Need to get me touring fix for this year. The TDM is out, so its "Tour De Treader". Loike motorboikes, they make the panniers for these things unnecessarily huge! They are bigger than the TDM's E21's! rolleyes.gif

Startin off from the folks in Devonia and the worlds me lobster.

Attached File  Tour_de_treader.JPG   78.85KB   52 downloads

Attached File  sat_nav.JPG   30.35KB   44 downloads

if you set off now i will see you in september in glencoe yahoo.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#4 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:50 pm

LOL he only made it about 20 miles afore he had a front tyre blowjob which tore around the flang valve area, so his Mammy Nad Daddy delivered a new tube out to him. I offered to go and recover his shoite boike and give him my not so shoite boike but he declined gracefully.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#5 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:24 am

He ya what wick said. More than 20 miles you bollix. 1mile south of wimbleball lake now in a nice buttercup field. This is hard work!

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#6 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:40 am

dappers aka "livestrong the badger"
me thinks we'll be seeing a leaner and meaner badger at the next G2G wink.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#7 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:43 pm

Exmoor whooped me. Quantocks nearly killed me. Keep havin valve shread at front! Now have to stop every 10miles and take wheel off. Tube out reseat then another 10miles. Any ideas? Prolly cos me fat wac.

Wind up phone charger from ebay total shat. Good miles today. Just outside calne wilts. About to have long snoo in a ditch.

#8 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:57 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Thu 4th Jun 2009, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dappers aka "livestrong the badger"
me thinks we'll be seeing a leaner and meaner badger at the next G2G wink.gif

He's certainly mean all right! tongue.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#9 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:09 pm

Shredding valves is usually 'cos the tyre's rotated on the rim. Have you lubed the rim blink.gif to make it easier to get the tyre back on? If so that could be the problem. Thicker walled inner tubes might help too, and presumably you've already checked for sharp edges around the valve hole.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#10 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:29 pm

Yeah either tyre tube or both is moving. The pressure is good so dunno how to stop it. No sharp edges. Always worse when on steep downhills. Max pressure on front when doing that i guess. Yesterdays entertainment was 2 hares shaggin about a foot away from the tent. Today was a cow lookin at 2 cock pheasants fighting. It just needed a 'huh' caption. Simple things please simple minds. I can see a yellow glow over wooton b must be MM BIKE.Yeah either tyre tube or both is moving. The pressure is good so dunno how to stop it. No sharp edges. Always worse when on steep downhills. Max pressure on front when doing that i guess. Yesterdays entertainment was 2 hares shaggin about a foot away from the tent. Today was a cow lookin at 2 cock pheasants fighting. It just needed a 'huh' caption. Simple things please simple minds. I can see a yellow glow over wooton b must be MM BIKE.

#11 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:31 pm

Most likely the tyre is slipping round the rim under braking, if anythng higher pressure would probably help as it'll pinch the bead tighter.

Are your reactions quick enough that you've been eating Hare and Pheasant the last couple of days then?

Edited by ChrisG, 05 June 2009 - 05:32 pm.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#12 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:52 pm

Made it to the home of morris dancin. Day off today.

Think you are right about tyre chris but already at max psi.

Boop.

#13 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:59 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Sun 7th Jun 2009, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Made it to the home of morris dancin. Day off today.

Think you are right about tyre chris but already at max psi.

Boop.

is that Bristol or Gloucester?

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#14 Guest_Paddy900_*

Guest_Paddy900_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:39 pm

Dapleb,

That bike must be shaking the bones of you,

Ur starting to repeat ur self,

Check out post #10

Edited by Paddy900, 08 June 2009 - 09:27 pm.

#15 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:30 am

Found out the prob in the end....my 18year old wheel rims had finally worn so thin that they were flexing out. So higher pressures, more bend more tyre slip. Lower pressures, no tube grip tyre slip. The problem finally manifested itself when the brakes went ABS. There was no wheel warp but the rims so worn that the flat rim surface where the brake block sits was a beautiful curve. smile.gif

Looking forward to a repeat trip this year. Minus the tube adventures.

#16 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:32 am

2 years !!! laugh.gif Sooooooo, when does the tour begin......again ?

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#17 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:35 pm

Jeeebus thought that was last year!!!! blink.gif Might be venturing a tad further this year depending on jobyness.

#18 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:43 pm

Tour De Treader continues. help.gif

Much more prepared this time....that basically means less crapola and wheels that have rims thicker than tin foil. Destination unknown but the first leg will possibly have the same endpoints but a diff route. Devonia ==> Home of Morris Dancing. Departure will be when the treader rebuild is complete and the weather is favourable. Hopefully Weds (for the treader build at least). badgrock.gif

#19 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:24 pm

Will you be stopping off a Westminster ferra spot o PM culling then ? badgrock.gif

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#20 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:29 pm

Westminster....is that in the countrysoide?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users