Photo
- - - - -

2010 Calendar Picture Entries In Here Please

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic

Poll: To Purchase or not to purchase (42 member(s) have cast votes)

I will Purchase a 2010 Calendar as I Love TDM's

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#21 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:40 pm

QUOTE(muddy @ Sun 25th Oct 2009, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mmm. I like the look of that campsite. Plenty of trees for me hammock. Whereabouts is that exactly Chris?

Motocamp Dordogne, where we had the RTT this year. Came with hammocks already in place. Quite a few people didn't like the place so worth trawling through the RTT forum if you're thinking of visiting http://www.carpe-tdm...hp?showforum=39

Cropped version of the campsite

Attached File  campsite.jpg   323.37KB   16 downloads

and cropped version of waiting for the boat

Attached File  waiting.jpg   181.21KB   12 downloads

Edited by ChrisG, 25 October 2009 - 04:45 pm.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#22 Guest_LDRider_*

Guest_LDRider_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:30 pm

How do you all put in those compressed photos that expand when you click on them? I need that technology!

clapping.gif

#23 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:30 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Sun 25th Oct 2009, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Motocamp Dordogne, where we had the RTT this year. Came with hammocks already in place. Quite a few people didn't like the place so worth trawling through the RTT forum if you're thinking of visiting

£8 a night ohmy.gif I don't need to read anymore. I usually stay on municipals for a 1/3 of that price. I liked all the trees though.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#24 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:43 pm

QUOTE(LDRider @ Sun 25th Oct 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey PK - killer shot of the bike on the country lane. Nice photo! good.gif
many thanks!October light at end of afternoon of crap, but "changing", weather never fails - haha!its why we love it "oop north!"ATB
QUOTE(Studley Ramrod @ Sun 25th Oct 2009, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some nice photos already posted ! Call me Neanderthal, but MK1's Rock cool.gif Here's my contribution, Getting There ! April 2009Spring 2009 in Rural Nottinghamshire. Camera Shy Ducks ! I Spy a Spy in the Pond !Cote Du Brid ! Artistic Endeavour !Artistic Endeavour Take 2 !Purrfik ! May 2009
Mk 1 is still the pure TDM, exactly as the designer intended!Pete (not sure about those 'bars mind)

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#25 Guest_LDRider_*

Guest_LDRider_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:45 pm

Man that silver looks badass. I'm tempted to paint mine.

#26 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:14 pm

Ebro valley, Spain

Breakfast in France

#27 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:19 pm

QUOTE(LDRider @ Sun 25th Oct 2009, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do you all put in those compressed photos that expand when you click on them? I need that technology!

clapping.gif

To do the compressed photos you need to have the photo on a site like Flickr. Then you copy the address/link, come here to your post and place the cursor where you want the photo inserting. Then if you click the button 4th from the right on row above (insert image) it'll pop a small address bar up for you to paste the link into.

QUOTE(petekelly7 @ Sun 25th Oct 2009, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
many thanks!October light at end of afternoon of crap, but "changing", weather never fails - haha!its why we love it "oop north!"ATBMk 1 is still the pure TDM, exactly as the designer intended!Pete (not sure about those 'bars mind)

Neither was I Pete ! Got the standard bars back on now. The top yoke is my only bug bear with the mk1. The design of it makes it nigh on impossible to fit any decent looking alternative risers that would suit me. That's why I tried the micro pot-bellied ape hangers banana.gif

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#28 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

has been here 4ever

• 2,049 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 25 October 2009 - 10:24 pm

QUOTE(LDRider @ Sat 24th Oct 2009, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sept 2009, Grand Teton National Park, 1992 TDM

HI res version available - this is low res.

Excuse my infantile humour but I know what Grand Tetons means rotflmmfao.gif Excellent name for a mountain range.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#29 Guest_Paddy900_*

Guest_Paddy900_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:33 pm

The Irish team for the G2G

Is that my ferry over there ????

August sunset

Twins out playing today

Aviemore G2G

A trio of yellow's

Hey smile for the camera Paddy !!!!!!!!!!!

#30 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:15 pm

Doing well with the pics but more needed.

I have just loaded Coral DTP on this notebook and last years Calendar. I'll be ready to go in a few days.

Mods, any way you can highlight this post a bit more, to get some more pics in? rolleyes.gif

#31 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:28 pm

hi-res shots of these available if needed

back road in spain

a ski slope in Andorra

a ski slope in Andorra

Andorra

Andorra

Andorra

Germany - MT08

Guinness on a ride out somewhere in Belgium

Ireland

German RTT - top of the hill climb

German RTT - top of the hill climb

a beach, cant remember if its Sweden (near Goteborg) or Norway....

i'll dig a few more out when i get a chance

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#32 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:32 pm

Fookinell ! ..............look at that mountain of luggage on yer Andorra trip Tony
How many months did you go for ?? laugh.gif

Edited by sidestand, 26 October 2009 - 10:33 pm.

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#33 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:36 pm

2weeks, full camping gear inc stove etc for 2 people, camera equipment/laptop etc and i only took the small panniers
the towel makes it look worse than it is, but i needed to dry it after the last minute swim just before we left

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#34 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:36 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Mon 26th Oct 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doing well with the pics but more needed.

I have just loaded Coral DTP on this notebook and last years Calendar. I'll be ready to go in a few days.

Mods, any way you can highlight this post a bit more, to get some more pics in? rolleyes.gif

any excuse to post a few more:

evening sun in Isle of Man - with Ireland in the distance

how to get to the pub - contrasting 2 wheelers in Kerry

multi-coloured magic roundabout, Southport

and finally:

TDM at rest after a vigorous lap - in late afternoon sun on TT course, IoM

hope these give some ideas...

pete

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#35 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:37 pm

G'day Guys good.gif

A few entries from "Adventures Down Under" yahoo.gif

On the Road, Flinders Ranges, South Australia

Polished

Unpolished

Two-up (just!)

Tibooburra, Central Australian Rocky Outback

Murray-Sunset Sandy Desert, Victoria

Northern Flinders Ranges, South Australia

Southern Flinders Ranges, South Australia

Morning Sun, Adelaide Hills, South Australia

drinks.gif

Edited by masterbrewer, 27 October 2009 - 08:01 pm.

#36 Guest_Paddy900_*

Guest_Paddy900_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:49 pm

Just an idea, how about using some of these for October on the calendar,

It will be a way of remembering a friend who we lost.

Mont st Michel

Church north of ST Malo

Edited by Paddy900, 27 October 2009 - 01:50 pm.

#37 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:43 pm

Great idea Paddy !

I'm impressed with just about all the photos so far !
I'm glad to see MB's, TonyD's and ChrisG's contributions, being a mk1 owner/supporter an all that yeahbaby.gif

What about the now retired GM's mk1 ?

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#38 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:46 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Mon 26th Oct 2009, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2weeks, full camping gear inc stove etc for 2 people, camera equipment/laptop etc and i only took the small panniers
the towel makes it look worse than it is, but i needed to dry it after the last minute swim just before we left

There wasn't room left on the TRX for his hairdryer.................... laugh.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#39 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:07 pm

QUOTE(Paddy900 @ Tue 27th Oct 2009, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just an idea, how about using some of these for October on the calendar,

or we could have it for May when his bday and LE to JoG thang will be

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Tue 27th Oct 2009, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There wasn't room left on the TRX for HER hairdryer.................... laugh.gif

true, no idea what was in the panniers and tail pack....

My TDM :

#40 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:22 pm

Poll Added. I need to know quantities in order to let the Printer know.

Around £10.00 delivered UK, a bit more to the rest of the world. Good chance it will be less. rolleyes.gif
As usual any profit made will go back to the Carpe Funds.

Guys: Can you edit and crop your pics if required. We must be able to see what bike it is. Some of the pics are really good, but the bike is a bit of a blob.

I intend to do a mix of all three series, like last year. Lets have more pics.

Edited by CatsBum, 27 October 2009 - 05:26 pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users