newstu

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:49 am

QUOTE(idlebloke @ Mon 6th Sep 2010, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Notes to self...

Test the bike alarm (don't think I have ever used it!!)
Start wedging the up and over doors again with 4x2 and enter the garage via the side door that has the 5 lever lock (another habit I slipped out of)........................

certainly had the same effect on me. I have become particularly slack with security over the last month or so - little consolation but you have unwittingly improved our security by posting, cheers Studley!

fitted one of these yesterday
cheap and cheerful and effective

it provides a cheap and cheerful anchor point that can be set into a wall without the need to be set in concrete. Its a real hassle for me to put put the bike around the back of my house (I have to use a "drawbridge", seriously!) so, if I pop back for an hour or so, it tends to stay out the front with just the alarm and disk lock for protection. This provides an immovable point for fixing.
2002 TDM 900

Please dont tell my Mom I ride a TDM - she thinks I spend my weekends in a brothel

#42 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:29 am

That's it then, I live in my tent in the garden and the bike stays in my booby-trapped house/Silver-back residence laugh.gif

I've fitted a HUUUUGE eye bolt through my kitchen wall with a HUUUGE backplate smile.gif and I've got 2 chains with padlocks. Also got a remote alarm that senses movement.

My garden is 30+m long and tapers from 12ft to 8ft wide and it's difficult to place a shed or similar without blocking off the garden and/or my view from the house. So, I'm gonna try and block the view of my bike from the road. My theory bein' if they can't see it then they won't nick it.

Just phoned the compound and he's waiting for the forensics sad.gif He's gonna phone me when they've done, but it could be a day or 2 dry.gif

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#43 dmmsta

dmmsta

supporter of the "Anti-Dazzle" Club

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 3,627 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:32 am

Get yourself some baby-wipes...

Best thing to remove the finger-print dust...as it's unlikely they'll clean it off...
MY06 TDM 900 Blue over Silver 354906_45.png
-----
Fuel Pipes
Givi Top Box
Renthal 758's
Grip Puppies
MRA Bubble
Dip & Hi HIDs

To-Do:
LED DRLs
Loobman
Powercoat Wheels
Hand Guards

-----
MY04 TDM 900 Blue over Silver Parts Bin
MY02 TDM 900 Yellow over Black RIP
post-1-1150550733.gif...post-1-1150559830.gif...copilot_zpsgezqc0xz.jpg...hids.jpg...

#44 3vd

3vd

PM Sent

• 2,665 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:45 am

Glad they've recovered it mate, could have been worse, at least they didn't burn it!

Let that be a lesson to us all, use your steering lock at all times and what's the point in have a disc lock / U lock etc if you always leave it under the seat???
(These are notes to myself btw)

CCTV is a good idea but my neighbour found it useless (this is town centre CCTV) as when some toerags smashed his car up in a drunken rampage, the CCTV couldn't make out their faces as they had hoodies on!

#45 idlebloke

idlebloke

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:10 pm

Ian

May be out of order, but is it worth letting the old bill do all this (assuming they'd let you take it back as is)??

What will the end result be at the best? Catch a couple of toe rags....may or may not go to court....may or may not get convicted. If convicted, will they be made to pay you compo for the massive expense you will incur in reaplacing all the locks via a legit Yamaha source, plus any other possible damage? Will they get any more than a slap on wrist?

In the meantime, is your bike out of the weather??

Edited by idlebloke, 06 September 2010 - 12:10 pm.

#46 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:39 pm

I was under the impression that I didn't have a say in the matter. I reckon they have a duty to investigate. It would be nice to get a result but I doubt very much if they'd get a conviction from fingerprints only.

Not started raining here.....yet unsure.gif

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#47 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:59 pm

QUOTE(maximuspetrolhead @ Mon 6th Sep 2010, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad they've recovered it mate, could have been worse, at least they didn't burn it!

Let that be a lesson to us all, use your steering lock at all times and what's the point in have a disc lock / U lock etc if you always leave it under the seat???
(These are notes to myself btw)

CCTV is a good idea but my neighbour found it useless
(this is town centre CCTV) as when some toerags smashed his car up in a drunken rampage, the CCTV couldn't make out their faces as they had hoodies on!

I disagree. I installed cctv years ago after I was having my classic cars keyed and front garden messed with, bought one of the small cameras, webcam sized and linked it to my tape recorder, cost me some £40. Caught the son bitch in days. plod.gif

Still use it now to see whos at the front door and whats happening in the close (no im not mr Meldrew)

Will use it when I move house, you can buy them now with autostart recording movement too. Is your bike worth that? yes I think so.

Oh, and I left my bike at work this morning with the lock in the pannier, isurrender.gif We all do it from time to time

#48 idlebloke

idlebloke

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:07 pm

"I was under the impression that I didn't have a say in the matter"

...You're probably right

...I've got one of these jobbies http://www.maplin.co...OrderCode=B11LZBut I bought a couple of much better cameras to go with it from ebay

Tested and it all works. Just need to fix it up properly

Edited by idlebloke, 06 September 2010 - 01:07 pm.

#49 dmmsta

dmmsta

supporter of the "Anti-Dazzle" Club

• 3,627 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:17 pm

Only problem is that unless you clearly, and more importantly accurately (from a legal wording point of view) advertise the fact that CCTV is in operation it is inadmissible in court.

Bit like call recording. Unless it's clearly announced at the beginning of the call it can't be used as any form of legal evidence - it's why you're always told "this call may be recorded for training and customer service reasons".

That said, it will certainly give the Police somewhere to start, and if said little fecker is "known" to them it's even better!

Edited by dmmsta, 06 September 2010 - 01:17 pm.

MY06 TDM 900 Blue over Silver 354906_45.png
-----
Fuel Pipes
Givi Top Box
Renthal 758's
Grip Puppies
MRA Bubble
Dip & Hi HIDs

To-Do:
LED DRLs
Loobman
Powercoat Wheels
Hand Guards

-----
MY04 TDM 900 Blue over Silver Parts Bin
MY02 TDM 900 Yellow over Black RIP
post-1-1150550733.gif...post-1-1150559830.gif...copilot_zpsgezqc0xz.jpg...hids.jpg...

#50 Moose

Moose

Master Cake Baker

• 3,312 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:00 pm

Jolly, forget the Dobermans mate, if ya want the best guard dogs on the planet chained to ya bike ya can borrow Stamford and Amber Grrrrrrr rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carpe-TDM.net - A place where everyone can have their cake and eat it!!!!!

TDM900/A 2007 Black, DL650 XTZ1200 Super Ten Handguards, Oxford Heated Grips, Double Bubble Screen, Fenda Extenda, Pipe Werx Oval Black SL Zorsts, R+G Crash Bungs, Mirror Extenders, Wilbers Rear Shock with Remote Hydraulic Preload, Wilbers Progressive Fork Springs, Scottoiler Touring Kit, Clear LED Rear Light Unit, Clear Indicators, PUIG Bellypan, V46 + 2 x E41 Keyless Luggage, Black Renthal 755 Medium Road Bars with Brace, 3 x 12v Accessory Socket, Beowolf Rad Guard.

TDM has moved on, i now own a Black 2009 Honda VFR 800 VTEC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without cake, we are merely just people who ride bikes

#51 erny

erny

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:14 pm

Bad news there Studley.
Although you'll get your bike back, what a rigmerole you'll have to go through.I feel for you. sad.gif

If they ever do catch the scum and gain a conviction, you can get your expenses through county court, unless it's filed as an offence that has been "taken into consideration", i.e. he has admitted to a string of similar but non-descript theft/thefts. This way, plod can close cases of stolen vehicles and keep their desks tidy-ier. ranting.gif

Go down the local off-license on Friday night and wait untill a scrote asks you to get them some alcoholic lemonade for them. There's a grand opportunity for gleaning a name or two and possibly an address.
Offering a bit of weed usually waxes the tongue quicker though. evillaff.gif

Of course, if you do manage to get any info, you must hand it over to plod and not to any mates .
HTH
I need a sig. indeed with plenty of frickin polish

#52 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:01 pm

BAST-AR-RIOS !

Talk about knockin' a bloke when he's down, looks like I'm gonna have to pay for the vehicle recovery that the nice policeman organised ahhhhh.gif

One Hundred and Fifty smackeroonies ! or they will crush it.

Now don't get me wrong, if the bike had been found 10 or 20 miles away I'd have payed it and thanked 'em accordingly.

However, the recovery guys were 15 miles from the bike and I am just over 1 mile away. I could have been there a lot sooner than them, and the police wouldn't have been hanging around waiting for the recovery. So why on earth did PC Young choose to phone the recovery guys up instead of me ?
And take the bike 15 miles further away from my house, further adding to my recovery costs ?

Gonna see what my insurance company has to say regarding the costs, after I've confirmed wether or not there will be a charge.

Forensics have stolen vehicles at/near the bottom of their list o priorities so I might have a few more days yet before they get around to doin it. dry.gif

Good news is the bike's got a roof over it......big fookin' WOW !

Somebody get me off this fookin island ! What the fook am I paying the fookin' police for exactly ? So they can make victims of crime suffer even more ?

Go figure !

#53 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:19 pm

Sigh....

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#54 idlebloke

idlebloke

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:33 pm

Bloody hell

.....and all probably gonna be a complete waste of time anyway.... So you are actually paying £150 for having somebody make a mess of your bike and 'hide' it from you for a few days!!

#55 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:57 pm

if ya loiked it then ya shudda put ring on it................err i mean lock !! £150 is alot of money but the recovery peeps have a living to make too. maybe PC Young didn't have yer details to hand or no ?? I don't really see the pint in forensics looking at it an dustin' it fur prints.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#56 whichwaywasit

whichwaywasit

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:13 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Tue 7th Sep 2010, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if ya loiked it then ya shudda put ring on it................err i mean lock !! £150 is alot of money but the recovery peeps have a living to make too. maybe PC Young didn't have yer details to hand or no ?? I don't really see the pint in forensics looking at it an dustin' it fur prints.

If cameron wants a way to save money, he could scrap the police. A massively expensive organisation that doesn't get anywhere near caring about stopping crime but will gleefully criminalise any victim who tries to protect themself from criminals

#57 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:26 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Tue 7th Sep 2010, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did, in fact I put 10 of 'em on....... 5 for each piston tongue.gif

#58 SelinaXC

SelinaXC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:28 pm

Insurance paid recovery & storage when my CCM was stolen recovered last year if that's any help Studley.
Hope you get it sorted,
Selina
Tiger 800XC in black & WR400F rider, cohabiting with two TeDiuMs, a Mk1 and a Mk3.

#59 JONNYBRAY

JONNYBRAY

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:55 pm

QUOTE(Studley Ramrod @ Tue 7th Sep 2010, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BAST-AR-RIOS !

Talk about knockin' a bloke when he's down, looks like I'm gonna have to pay for the vehicle recovery that the nice policeman organised ahhhhh.gif

One Hundred and Fifty smackeroonies ! or they will crush it.

Now don't get me wrong, if the bike had been found 10 or 20 miles away I'd have payed it and thanked 'em accordingly.

However, the recovery guys were 15 miles from the bike and I am just over 1 mile away. I could have been there a lot sooner than them, and the police wouldn't have been hanging around waiting for the recovery. So why on earth did PC Young choose to phone the recovery guys up instead of me ?
And take the bike 15 miles further away from my house, further adding to my recovery costs ?

Gonna see what my insurance company has to say regarding the costs, after I've confirmed wether or not there will be a charge.

Forensics have stolen vehicles at/near the bottom of their list o priorities so I might have a few more days yet before they get around to doin it. dry.gif

Good news is the bike's got a roof over it......big fookin' WOW !

Somebody get me off this fookin island ! What the fook am I paying the fookin' police for exactly ? So they can make victims of crime suffer even more ?

Go figure !

Steady on there, this p*sses me right off. My brother is persuing the police over the same issue.

His bike was stolen and moved 15M down the road and they just recovered it and charged him the same.

But he is claiming the money back. Even though national policy allows them to recover any vehicle, the Independent police compaints say that this should not be a blancket rule, and efforts should be made to contact the owner of the vehicle before recovery is made. He has had to go throught police complaints procedure which takes a long time. But don't just accept it.

My dad got so angry with them he nearly lost his job as a police officer for threatening to go to press with there incompetence.

Good luck

PM if you need to know anymore

PM if you need any more info and I'l find it.

Edited by JONNYBRAY, 07 September 2010 - 04:01 pm.

#60 TheThigh

TheThigh

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:30 pm

Hi Ian

Just read this thread and sorry to hear your bads news, good news and even worse news! What a lazy shower of Bassards, don't they have access to owners details address etc. and is it beyond them call at your address when it was only a mile away? If they can't be arsed to make contact then they should pay for the storage. I always thought you needed initiative to qualify as suitable material to be a police officer, obviously I was sadly mistaken!

sleep.gif
Currently - 2008 Red 900 ABS - 19k - 12v Socket - K & N Air Filter - Power Commander III - Mirror Extenders - Hepco & Becker Junior Panniers and Top Box - Fuel Exhausts - Pilot Road 2 Tyres.

To Do List - HID Bi-Xenon Projectors - MRA Vario Screen.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users