#81 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:57 am

I'm sure I remember reading that Michael Schumacher was involved in the design of one of the Schuberth flip fronts as when he was racing in the German Superbikes he reckoned keeping the lid up on the grid made him a lot more comfortable and relaxed at the start of the race.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#82 jiff

jiff

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:31 am

.............so I went to the show with 'Bargain Helmet' on my mind............and tried / re-tried as many credible flip-fronts as I could.
My conclusions were that:

Cheaper ones felt cheap - as also did HJC & Shark
Schubeth felt claustrophobic - especialy too close to my chin
I clearly have a Shoei-shaped head
**data re: quietness, has to be taken on trust if it's relevant to you

.........also, that one should factor-in that the padding compresses a bit as soon as you start wearing the helmet for real.
Apropos nothing much, I tried a smaller size than I am used to, &, though 'snug', I could recognise that after a few outings it would feel much more secure & protecting than my previous '57'.

So I came away with a good'ol Multitec for £260 (rrp - difficult to beat, even on the internet - £385)..................having missed out by about half an hour on one for £240!

............Jiff

** I don't wear earplugs, tried them once, didn't feel much different, & mislaid them at my destination, before the ride back.

came away with a Multitec

#83 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:38 am

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Sat 26th Nov 2011, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sure I remember reading that Michael Schumacher was involved in the design of one of the Schuberth flip fronts as when he was racing in the German Superbikes he reckoned keeping the lid up on the grid made him a lot more comfortable and relaxed at the start of the race.

Yaaaaaa, apparently he helped with the design of the C3 http://www.webbikewo.../first-look.htm

And also with the design of the full-face SR1 http://www.webbikewo.../schuberth-sr1/

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#84 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:52 pm

QUOTE(TDMTAM @ Fri 21st Oct 2011, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will need to double check that as I am a size 57cm in the Shoei multitec. I also cant believe how much the Multitec has gone up in price since I bought mine.

Thats no good you got to own a Beem#*r to own one. NO CHANCE. rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#85 DazzerB

DazzerB

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:56 pm

QUOTE(TDMTAM @ Fri 25th Nov 2011, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shoei Neotec New Shoei QSV-1 Neotec. I may just have to wait now.
TAM

Tried one on at the bike show yesterday wub.gif very nice, definite step up in features to my multitec.

Also manage to get myself a Shoei Qwest for £190 from J+S clapping.gif , they were selling them for £199, but I got another tenner off because it was the last XL and they couldn't find the box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users