• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 16 June 2006 - 03:27 pm

QUOTE(Guinness @ Fri 16th Jun 2006, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if we do cutouts with the duo tone designs like this we have 2 options
either just the black
or have the black cutout stuck onto a white disc.
having cut differently colored discs wont be that expensive i imagine and the discs can be sold seperately from the cutout.

coz of the dark windscreen i can see my self picking a reflective, white disc and have the cutout design on there.

having that logo above in a white reflective material would be great and would remove the requirement for a background disk

Edited by Toneski, 16 June 2006 - 03:27 pm.

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#42 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 16 June 2006 - 03:39 pm

QUOTE(Toneski @ Fri 16th Jun 2006, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
having that logo above in a white reflective material would be great and would remove the requirement for a background disk

you must have read my mind ... i just edited that post you quoted
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#43 Daveb

Daveb

has been here 4ever

• 1,907 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 16 June 2006 - 03:41 pm

how about a transparent disk with white lettering, the colour of you bike will show thro as background. unless you TDM is white.

1999 TDM850 MKII Black, Silver (Sold)
2007 Triumph Tiger 955i

#44 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 03:44 pm

QUOTE(Daveb @ Fri 16th Jun 2006, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how about a transparent disk with white lettering, the colour of you bike will show thro as background. unless you TDM is white.

hmm, even better, esp if its reflective white

cant hurt to be seen easier....

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#45 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:09 pm

QUOTE(Andy R @ Thu 15th Jun 2006, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love this one. rolleyes.gif

i like this one too. as fer 10 valves, that may not be the case fer much longer as the "new TDM" is going to have 4 valves and a sohc.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#46 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:14 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Fri 16th Jun 2006, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as fer 10 valves, that may not be the case fer much longer as the "new TDM" is going to have 4 valves and a sohc.

rotflmmfao.gif
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#47 Daveb

Daveb

has been here 4ever

• 1,907 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:33 pm

How about a white sticker, the black areas have been removed, so your bike colour shows in these areas.

only a substrate and cutting is required, no colours, could be metallic, or a plastic film.

2007 Triumph Tiger 955i

#48 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:45 pm

QUOTE(Daveb @ Fri 16th Jun 2006, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about a white sticker, the black areas have been removed, so your bike colour shows in these areas.

only a substrate and cutting is required, no colours, could be metallic, or a plastic film.

That looks pretty cool to me. cool.gif

#49 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:48 pm

whats a substrate? and what you mean with metallic and plastic film?

QUOTE(Daveb @ Fri 16th Jun 2006, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://i4.photobucke...Belton/tdm8.jpg

since tastes seem to converge on this design idea (and has my preference cool.gif ) (popped up twice now and had several votes) we'll go with the design.
im just going to experiment with some lettering/capital/fonts and do some tests on the bike (photoshop)

size ... prolly 7-9cm diameter? wut ya reckon?
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

get them here

#50 Daveb

Daveb

has been here 4ever

• 1,907 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:53 pm

QUOTE(Guinness @ Fri 16th Jun 2006, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
since tastes seem to converge on this design idea (and has my preference cool.gif ) (popped up twice now and had several votes) we'll go with the design.
im just going to experiment with some lettering/capital/fonts and do some tests on the bike (photoshop)

Mr G, sorry i have got my university hat on again, (Bsc in printing & coating technology) the substrate is the material you print on, paper ,plastic, metal etc.

2007 Triumph Tiger 955i

#51 bondy

bondy

850 going for 900

• 852 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 16 June 2006 - 07:38 pm

QUOTE(Guinness @ Fri 16th Jun 2006, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could we have chat about it at the RTT, couple beers and who know's what we could come with.

#52 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:51 pm

QUOTE(bondy @ Fri 16th Jun 2006, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-//- couple beers and who know's what we could come with.
good plan, as long as the ideas dont involve 3 man lifting? uk dambuster ? belly dancing? drop the duck? mooning? table cloth kilt ? tape a guy to a pole

that was one helluva rugby weekend

get them here

#53 Guest_E.T._*

Guest_E.T._*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2006 - 08:29 am

QUOTE(Daveb @ Thu 15th Jun 2006, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hows this

I like this best so far - sorry guinness the single tuning fork doesn't do it for me (is a TDM only 1/3rd Yamaha?). I would be inlcined to drop the "yamaha" from "yamaha TDM owners club" (as the logo states its Yamaha anyway), maybe an 850 silloette one side and a 900 on t'other (although it may look unbalanced?...) and increase the size (slightly) for "TDM owners club"

Thats my view anyway.

#54 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:02 pm

QUOTE(E.T. @ Sat 17th Jun 2006, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like this best so far - sorry guinness the single tuning fork doesn't do it for me (is a TDM only 1/3rd Yamaha?). I would be inlcined to drop the "yamaha" from "yamaha TDM owners club" (as the logo states its Yamaha anyway), maybe an 850 silloette one side and a 900 on t'other (although it may look unbalanced?...) and increase the size (slightly) for "TDM owners club"

Thats my view anyway.

good suggestions good.gif

My TDM :

#55 Daveb

Daveb

has been here 4ever

• 1,907 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:59 pm

like this ET

I like the idea of a sticker with the dark areas removed, no printing just cutting. like this, could remove Yamaha

Edited by Daveb, 17 June 2006 - 01:19 pm.

2007 Triumph Tiger 955i

#56 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 01:06 pm

ET,

as stated in previous postSS :
we were looking for an image logo (not text) for Carpe TDM.
the one you are suggesting is alot of yamaha and a smitgen of tdm on the side
i do not want to use the existing, copyrighted yamaha logo.

get them here

#57 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 18 June 2006 - 12:05 am

QUOTE(Guinness @ Sat 17th Jun 2006, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ET,

as stated in previous postSS :
we were looking for an image logo (not text) for Carpe TDM.
the one you are suggesting is alot of yamaha and a smitgen of tdm on the side
i do not want to use the existing, copyrighted yamaha logo.

I think we have one......

Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#58 Guest_E.T._*

Guest_E.T._*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2006 - 10:18 am

QUOTE(tdm850rider @ Sat 17th Jun 2006, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think we have one......

I agree - just add the www info and get rid of the colour grading for ease of reproduction...what is wrong with this anyway?

#59 Daveb

Daveb

has been here 4ever

• 1,907 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 05:26 pm

I think Mr G wanted a symbol and not much text only the web.

Have a look at previous pages, there are some designs on this theme

2007 Triumph Tiger 955i

#60 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:29 pm

the logo is to be used on stickers and printing...

get them here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users