6 replies to this topic

#1 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:33 pm

i tried having a search but didn't seem to find the info I was looking. I know a few have the E21 but if anyone has the 22's the same question. How do you find the capacity of the panniers ie for Euro tours etc can you take enough stuff with you. I am used to 30 ltr panniers.
2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#2 jdelfino

jdelfino

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Location:Benalmadena Spain no more, The Hague no more, now Hampshire
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:57 pm

E21 or 22 is more than enough, looks better too, rides better, if you need more room to carry stuff go by car :munching_out:

Sent from my secret Dick Tracy watch

#3 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,742 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:03 pm

There plenty Tam especially if not camping, if your are lash the tent to the back seat, you need so little in the way of clothes in all honesty, take stuff you can wash when you stop and dry overnight, if i was going just 100 miles away then i would probably chuck the kitchen sink in as well, be really pragmatic about what you take, minimal is good, you can always shop if your desperate for something.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:08 pm

I agree, E21 great value panniers and if you need more capacity later, they use same PL347(?) fittings as E41's. 

E41's useful if you tour 2 up and you can still filter through typical motor-way hold-ups (recent smooth filter through 18kms solid peak traffic  on Bordeaux ring road :-) )

Top openings are really useful on the road and no need to open full side to get quick  access. Personally I usually have very little in top box but useful to keep pillion secure and storing 2 helmets

Inner bags are really useful to save carrying heavy, wet panniers up cramped hotel stairways ...

Pete

Attached Files

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#5 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,113 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:52 pm

They are great for many raisins -----. Stopping peeps from taking 8tons of crapola they dont need is one!!
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#6 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:40 pm

Have not done much in the way of camping trips on the bike of late, most been B&Bs or hotels. Most of the time I can squeeze all my gear into the topbox and tank bag but just thinking a being able to put it in pannier lower down on the bike to stop it being top heavy.
2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#7 and30ers

and30ers

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:42 pm

The E21's are inexpensive, light weight, narrow and useful. I tend to use one of them all the time and both + 47L top box for longer trips. Some times I wish they were a bit roomier.

A very good larger alternative would be the Kappa KGR33 Garda.

Volume 33 L, 10 kg load, 42.0 x 53.3 x 23.4 cm, priced at 150 EUR each.

Pretty much the same box as the Givi Trekker 33 with a less fancy lid, good thing is that you don't have to fiddle with the Givi vario-lid with potential water leakage issues. Saving 60 EUR per box compared to Givi.

http://www.amrricamb...gs-p-37561.html

0.0.1.kgr33_1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users