11 replies to this topic

#1 Gasman

Gasman

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:08 pm

As the title says I have just bought a new Apple MacBook and I am looking for a Windows 7 installation disc to install on it. I know it's a "little off topic" but thought I'd try.

Sorry forgot to add I only want to borrow it with the key code. Will return after installation.

Edited by Gasman, 17 August 2015 - 09:16 pm.

#2 divvxj

divvxj

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:35 pm

ife downloaded windows 10, its shite, sorry this doesnt help you , best of luck

#3 jdelfino

jdelfino

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Location:Benalmadena Spain no more, The Hague no more, now Hampshire
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:07 pm

you can download (as a torrent) windows 7 with key generator from lots of places on internet, then use a bootable usb pen drive to load your machine, instructions are everywhere, just search for them

Sent from my secret Dick Tracy watch

#4 Gasman

Gasman

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:11 pm

you can download (as a torrent) windows 7 with key generator from lots of places on internet, then use a bootable usb pen drive to load your machine, instructions are everywhere, just search for them

Thanks for that what's a torrent?

#5 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:33 pm

ife downloaded windows 10, its shite, sorry this doesnt help you , best of luck

LOL

We're being used as guinea pigs

When this is finished and they've ironed out the wrinkles, we'll be left with Windows 7.3

ef24ftr342tf_zpswoqbyrsq.jpg

#6 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:46 pm

LOL

We're being used as guinea pigs

When this is finished and they've ironed out the wrinkles, we'll be left with Windows 7.3

ef24ftr342tf_zpswoqbyrsq.jpg

Interesting to note that, after a week and a half, it appears that the MS servers are getting to grips with my laptops issues and things are on the mend.

Hope my desktop gets the same treatment soon.

pijhiji_zpsdf46fc9e.jpg

#7 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:42 am

stick a Linux distro on it and thank me later. Ubuntu Mate 15.04 is really nice.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#8 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:07 pm

If you want to put windows on a Macbook don't you have to mess about with Boot Camp or similar to set up dual boots or format the drive appropriately?

What OS did you have on your old computer?  If that was Win7 then you already have a licence key (download Jellybean Keyfinder on the old machine to find it), and should be able to download a Win 7 distribution from quite a few place on the internet and stick it on a USB stick to install.

Re. Win10 I've not had any problems with it so far apart from having to upgrade my old drive to get the licence key to then be able to install it on my new had drive.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#9 Gasman

Gasman

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:42 pm

If you want to put windows on a Macbook don't you have to mess about with Boot Camp or similar to set up dual boots or format the drive appropriately?

What OS did you have on your old computer?  If that was Win7 then you already have a licence key (download Jellybean Keyfinder on the old machine to find it), and should be able to download a Win 7 distribution from quite a few place on the internet and stick it on a USB stick to install.

Re. Win10 I've not had any problems with it so far apart from having to upgrade my old drive to get the licence key to then be able to install it on my new had drive.

Yes have to use bootcamp and partition as you say. My old windows is vista so I thought I would upgrade a little. I am also looking for Microsoft office for the Mac. All this lot doesn't come cheap.

#10 celticbiker

celticbiker

has been here 4ever

• 1,726 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:43 pm

As most said, such a Linux distro on it (peppermint six is great, boots in less than ten seconds) and then it would all be free.

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste

(x'.'x) bunny onto your page to help

(")-(") him gain world domination!

#11 Gasman

Gasman

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:59 pm

As most said, such a Linux distro on it (peppermint six is great, boots in less than ten seconds) and then it would all be free.

Never heard of this, it's been a few years since being a computer geek so I am way out of touch.

#12 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:36 am

For office check if your work on the MS Home User Programme, if so you can buy it for about a tenner. Don't think you can get an OS on it though.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users