5 replies to this topic

#1 RolfieB

RolfieB

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:45 pm

I have decided my Multitec is to noisy, so looking to replace.

Owned a C2 a few years ago & liked it.

I was contemplating the C3 pro, as after trying on the basic & pro I found the latter more comfortable. However, after a good look over them today I'm believing I may have issues attaching my Sena S20 due to the slider mechanism for the drop down sun visor.

So does anyone on here own one & have fitted a bluetooth headset to it.

If so how do you find the siting of it, as it seems to me it will be quite a way round towards the back on the lid. Any feedback on the lid itself.

Failing that, I'm also tempted to go for the Shoei Neotech, which I don't think I'd have bluetooth issues with. Seemed just as comfortable, if not slightly better. Anyone give me feedback on this one also.

Now I just fly everywhere.

Be yourself, because everybody else is taken.

Gone to new owner.

Black Mk2a

PipeWerx Exhaust, Gold Spots, Goodridge Hoses, Scottoiler,Oil Pressure Indicator, Nippy Normans fuze box,Touratech Handguards,Oxford Heated Grips, Power Socket, Hard Wiring for Sat Nav, Gear Indicator built into the rev counter. Givi E50 Top box & E21 side cases, Bagster Tank Cover & Bag.

#2 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:54 pm

I've had a Neotech for about 6 months/4k miles. Can't fault it really, quality helmet, comfortable, quiet, good flip front mechanism. Sun visor is great, as is the ventilation. Easy to clean all the inner bits too. I use a UClear boomless headset, and I did have to hack the helmet inner slightly to make the (thicker than usual) speakers fit in the holes provided. As usual with helmets, you need to try one on for a while to see how it fits.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#3 Matt101

Matt101

full o shoite

• 2,391 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:27 am

I have a C3 with the SMH10 fitted. No issues at all with the slider. I fitted it literally next to it and my hand falls straight on the controls. Fit and noise is great. I have answered calls at 80mph and can speak clearly. I do have in ear monitors rather than speakers fitted so this makes the sound excellent.

Edited by Matt101, 29 August 2015 - 07:30 am.

#4 RolfieB

RolfieB

has been here 4ever

• 1,069 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 05:47 pm

I've had a Neotech for about 6 months/4k miles. Can't fault it really, quality helmet, comfortable, quiet, good flip front mechanism. Sun visor is great, as is the ventilation. Easy to clean all the inner bits too. I use a UClear boomless headset, and I did have to hack the helmet inner slightly to make the (thicker than usual) speakers fit in the holes provided. As usual with helmets, you need to try one on for a while to see how it fits.

Thanks Matlock. I have been erring more towards the Neotech.

I have a C3 with the SMH10 fitted. No issues at all with the slider. I fitted it literally next to it and my hand falls straight on the controls. Fit and noise is great. I have answered calls at 80mph and can speak clearly. I do have in ear monitors rather than speakers fitted so this makes the sound excellent.

Well now you've thrown me into a quandry. I thought that siting of the bluetooth unit further back would be detrimental.

Gone to new owner.

Black Mk2a

PipeWerx Exhaust, Gold Spots, Goodridge Hoses, Scottoiler,Oil Pressure Indicator, Nippy Normans fuze box,Touratech Handguards,Oxford Heated Grips, Power Socket, Hard Wiring for Sat Nav, Gear Indicator built into the rev counter. Givi E50 Top box & E21 side cases, Bagster Tank Cover & Bag.

#5 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,440 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:09 pm

Misses has a neotech with the smh10 fitted without issue. Did have a prob with some pressure around the ears but we made adjustments and all's well.

She's had it over a year now and would recommend it.

Edited by Catteeclan, 29 August 2015 - 06:10 pm.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#6 RolfieB

RolfieB

has been here 4ever

• 1,069 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:44 pm

New Neotec winging it's way  :badgerrock: .

Gone to new owner.

Black Mk2a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users