2 replies to this topic

#1 butcher650

butcher650

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 13 September 2019 - 01:43 pm

I need to replace the caps and leads as my leaky thermostat caused the rubber seals to perish, and the caps and leads suffered a bit. Putting new plugs in too. 

I don't want to buy the genuine Mk1 caps from wemoto as they're hella expensive. The ones that came out were long reach straight NGK caps, with silicon HT leads and of course the rubber seals for the top of the cylinder head. Where best can I find replacements ones of those, along with the correct size caps and leads? 

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,211 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:13 pm

Magnecor sell the HT lead.  Not sure where to buy caps but this link shows the type you'll be needing.  http://www.carpe-tdm...c=35537&hl=caps

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 butcher650

butcher650

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 16 September 2019 - 07:31 am

Cheers fella, 

Looks like I'll be trying to repair the old grommets unless I do decide to get a pair of the genuine ones from wemoto! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users