4 replies to this topic

#1 3vd

3vd

PM Sent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:05 pm

I have a 1992 Yamaha DT125R for sale. White.

This was bought for my wife but it's too tall for her!

It's in great condition for the age and only has approximately 5,000 miles on it since new! It spent a large part of it's life laid up in the previous owners garage. He owned it from new and I bought it in 2006.
Since owning it I've de-restricted it by re-moving the restriction in the exhaust header and added the full powervalve servo unit.
It had a new rear tyre last year and I rebuilt both the brakes calipers and fitted new sintered pads at that time. Also new wheels bearings and all the suspension linkages were stripped cleaned and rebuilt.
It's taxed and tested but the MOT is about to expire, so it'll have 12 months MOT on it when sold.
Road Tax is only £15 per year! Insurance is pennies, well for me anyway!

Priced to sell at £750

PM me for contact details etc.

#2 Fernihough

Fernihough

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:19 pm

QUOTE(markallinson @ Tue 23rd Feb 2010, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a 1992 Yamaha DT125R for sale. White.

This was bought for my wife but it's too tall for her!

It's in great condition for the age and only has approximately 5,000 miles on it since new! It spent a large part of it's life laid up in the previous owners garage. He owned it from new and I bought it in 2006.
Since owning it I've de-restricted it by re-moving the restriction in the exhaust header and added the full powervalve servo unit.
It had a new rear tyre last year and I rebuilt both the brakes calipers and fitted new sintered pads at that time. Also new wheels bearings and all the suspension linkages were stripped cleaned and rebuilt.
It's taxed and tested but the MOT is about to expire, so it'll have 12 months MOT on it when sold.
Road Tax is only £15 per year! Insurance is pennies, well for me anyway!

Priced to sell at £750

PM me for contact details etc.

DT125R - Best bike after the TDM900. Won't let anyone down whether you use it to go shopping or in the dirt. If there are still sensible people out there, you should not have a problem to sell it. Good luck rolleyes.gif

Darwin theory in action - Natural evolution from 4 legs to 2, from 4 wheels to 2

Yam DTR125 / Yam TTR250 / Blue TDM900 2005

Fender extension; Right miror extension; Tutoro oiler; Frank Thomas leather Bullit Retro Jacket with Knox back protector for normal time and textile jacket with forcefield 4 for long trips, monolock plate with E45 GIVI top case, Michelin PR2

#3 3vd

3vd

PM Sent

• 2,665 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:47 pm

Awe come on, doesn't anybody wat to abuse this fine young fillie!

#4 andyj

andyj

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:08 pm

I do, but I think my wife would keel-haul me at 'yet another' bike.

That, or make me go back to year-round bike commuting. I've grown very used to warm, dry seating over the last couple of years and I don't trust the TDMs electrics in the very wet 'cos I still haven't got round to sorting out the spare plugs 'n' coils, new leads and self amalgamating tape that are lying around the garage.

How far from the bottom of the M3 are you?

Edited by andyj, 28 February 2010 - 08:15 pm.

Another boring night & I'm feeling pissed....

#5 3vd

3vd

PM Sent

• 2,665 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:51 pm

QUOTE(andyj @ Sun 28th Feb 2010, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do, but I think my wife would keel-haul me at 'yet another' bike.

That, or make me go back to year-round bike commuting. I've grown very used to warm, dry seating over the last couple of years and I don't trust the TDMs electrics in the very wet 'cos I still haven't got round to sorting out the spare plugs 'n' coils, new leads and self amalgamating tape that are lying around the garage.

How far from the bottom of the M3 are you?

about 20 mins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users