11 replies to this topic

#1 Latestarter

Latestarter

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 28 June 2015 - 05:35 pm

Hooked up with TDMick this afternoon and picked up some crash bars, just fitted them & not sure whether to stick with belly pan or bars?

Your thoughts would be good chaps..

2003 TDM900 in Galaxy Blue with 32k on the clock

Scottolier, TDM Gel Saddle, Blue HEL Brake Line Upgrade Feeding Blue Spot Callipers. Air Intake Mod,

Oxford Heated Grips, Polisport Handguards, RM-G Crash bars & Centre Stand, Givi
Touring & Double Bubble Screens, Bar Risers, Renthal 755 Riser Bars,
Givi E22N Panniers & Top Box, Clear Indicator Lens Conversation, Clear LED Rear Light Conversion, Mirror Extenders, TDM Stainless Radiator Cover and Stainless Screen Screws, SP Performance Carbon Tri-Oval Cans,
HID Headlight Upgrade, DRL Spotlights and Still Spending But Dont Tell The Wife!!

#2 Riggers

Riggers

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 28 June 2015 - 05:53 pm

I guess it depends whether you want looks or practicality. The belly pan gets my looks vote but it ain't going to protect anything if she has a woopsie.

Well that's what I think. Me.

#3 Craig

Craig

Carpe Regular

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 141 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 28 June 2015 - 06:11 pm

Well if you stick with the bars and are thinking of selling the belly pan,I would be interested.....
Hope you don't mind me asking ........
Nice brake hoses BTW.....

#4 Latestarter

Latestarter

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 28 June 2015 - 06:16 pm

Cheers fellas...

I hate to say it but it's looking like the pan will be going back on and the crash bars sold on again..

Still had to buy to try...

2003 TDM900 in Galaxy Blue with 32k on the clock

Scottolier, TDM Gel Saddle, Blue HEL Brake Line Upgrade Feeding Blue Spot Callipers. Air Intake Mod,

Oxford Heated Grips, Polisport Handguards, RM-G Crash bars & Centre Stand, Givi
Touring & Double Bubble Screens, Bar Risers, Renthal 755 Riser Bars,
Givi E22N Panniers & Top Box, Clear Indicator Lens Conversation, Clear LED Rear Light Conversion, Mirror Extenders, TDM Stainless Radiator Cover and Stainless Screen Screws, SP Performance Carbon Tri-Oval Cans,
HID Headlight Upgrade, DRL Spotlights and Still Spending But Dont Tell The Wife!!

#5 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,754 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:46 pm

Cheers fellas...

I hate to say it but it's looking like the pan will be going back on and the crash bars sold on again..

Still had to buy to try...

Would'nt worry to much as you have crash bungs anyway... i like the belly pan, somebody on here managed to fit a belly pan with engine bars, needed a little diy though.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#6 Wildbill

Wildbill

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:03 am

Belly pan prevents a little bit of cow shite from sticking to the bottom of the engine and pipes when you run through it.

Crash bars prevent quite a lot of damage when you slip off after running through a little bit of cow shite.

Your choice !

Don't come preaching to me;you'll get chased down the road wiff a pitchfork.

#7 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,118 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:56 pm

Lolzio WB.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#8 JBX

JBX

full o shoite

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 2,206 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:45 pm

Cow shite on the roads ???

Don't people in UK travel by car ???

top_640.png

#9 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

full o shoite

• 2,050 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:30 am

Belly pan prevents a little bit of cow shite from sticking to the bottom of the engine and pipes when you run through it.

Crash bars prevent quite a lot of damage when you slip off after running through a little bit of cow shite.

Your choice !

Ha, bang on. The only damage I have done to my bike is dropping it at walking pace. Exacary what engine bars prevent.

A belly pan will not stop cow shite being forced into your riding gear and under garments at high pressure as you slide through it. Better off developing your sense of smell.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#10 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:35 am

I've never dropped mine on them but I've got similar crash bungs to you, I believe they should do a reasonable job of protecting the the engine if you drop it.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#11 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,746 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:37 pm

Cow shite on the roads ???

Don't people in UK travel by car ???

It's now quicker by cow

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#12 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:59 pm

Took my belly pan off to fit crash bars along with my bungs and the bung fouls on the the bar (or vice versa depending on you perspective). I can only think of longer bolts and some sort of packer(s). Longer bolts are a tad expensive though for what they are....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users