34 replies to this topic

#1 Big Bird

Big Bird

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:25 am

Had to replace the low beam globe on my little 850 last week.
So I looked up the required globe in the Haynes book of lies before venturing forth and it informed me that the '99 models run 2 x 55W H3 globes. I finally tracked one of the strange H3 beasties down in the 3rd bike shop I visited only to get home, detach half the fairing ranting.gif , and discover that the low beam is actually an H1 ranting.gif ranting.gif (the high beam is an H3).

That is the last time I'm relying on the manual to get it right. Next time I'm taking the broken part with me to make sure I get the right part. At least the shop was understanding (their manual was wrong too) and stayed open late just for me to return and do a bulb swap.

#2 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:07 am

QUOTE(Big Bird @ Tue 18th Apr 2006, 04:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Had to replace the low beam globe on my little 850 last week.
So I looked up the required globe in the Haynes book of lies before venturing forth and it informed me that the '99 models run 2 x 55W H3 globes. I finally tracked one of the strange H3 beasties down in the 3rd bike shop I visited only to get home, detach half the fairing ranting.gif , and discover that the low beam is actually an H1 ranting.gif ranting.gif (the high beam is an H3).

That is the last time I'm relying on the manual to get it right. Next time I'm taking the broken part with me to make sure I get the right part. At least the shop was understanding (their manual was wrong too) and stayed open late just for me to return and do a bulb swap.

As I can't picture you NOT on your TDM I have to ask... How did you get there?
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:08 am

What a noice shopkeep.

This has happened a few times before! http://www.carpe-tdm...12&highlight=h1

Cheers
dapleb
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:34 am

Added to Electrical section: http://www.carpe-tdm...p?showtopic=375
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#5 Big Bird

Big Bird

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:20 pm

QUOTE(tdm850rider @ Tue 18th Apr 2006, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As I can't picture you NOT on your TDM I have to ask... How did you get there?

I do have a car y'know. It gets driven every day to and from work.
However, I do accumulate more km on the TDM - and it only gets used every 4 or 5th weekend thesedays.
Over Easter I clocked up nearly 2000km whilst travelling with a group of friends.

For curious Carpedians - BB's little red car

#6 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:26 pm

lol im more interested in yer big banana rather than yer Mondeo !!! ps oi thought u drove a Hyundai or summit like dat ??? gone to the car graveyard in the sky ??

Edited by wicklamulla, 18 April 2006 - 11:27 pm.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#7 Big Bird

Big Bird

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:50 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Wed 19th Apr 2006, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol im more interested in yer big banana rather than yer Mondeo !!! ps oi thought u drove a Hyundai or summit like dat ??? gone to the car graveyard in the sky ??

Ah yes. The Big Banana in Coffs Harbour. An iconic Aussie landmark. There's dozens of 'big' things scattered all over the countryside. From The Big Sheep in Goulburn (the gift shop is in it's ...ahem...male genitals) to The Big Pineapple in Nambour and The Big Clam (or is it an Oyster?) just north of Taree.

I've owned two Hyundais in recent years. The Accent I sold so I could visit Europe 2 years ago. The old Lantra was a piece of junk and I sold it cheaply to a young uni student. The Mondeo was the one damaged when my neighbour drove her car backwards (and at high speed) into my garage. All fixed now.

#8 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:52 pm

QUOTE(Big Bird @ Wed 19th Apr 2006, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah yes. The Big Banana in Coffs Harbour. An iconic Aussie landmark. There's dozens of 'big' things scattered all over the countryside. From The Big Sheep in Goulburn (the gift shop is in it's ...ahem...male genitals) to The Big Pineapple in Nambour and The Big Clam (or is it an Oyster?) just north of Taree.

I've owned two Hyundais in recent years. The Accent I sold so I could visit Europe 2 years ago. The old Lantra was a piece of junk and I sold it cheaply to a young uni student. The Mondeo was the one damaged when my neighbour drove her car backwards (and at high speed) into my garage. All fixed now.

MMMMMMMMM

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#9 Cavey

Cavey

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 06:32 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Wed 19th Apr 2006, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MMMMMMMMM

http://www.thebigsheep.co.uk
It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.

#10 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 09:59 pm

QUOTE(Cavey @ Thu 20th Apr 2006, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol i drove past there on tuesday rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif

#11 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2006 - 10:02 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Thu 20th Apr 2006, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol i drove past there on tuesday rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif

Yeah right, drove past..............likely story dry.gif

#12 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 10:03 pm

QUOTE(Emmett @ Thu 20th Apr 2006, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah right, drove past..............likely story dry.gif

well "i drove inta one" if ya get my drift...........

#13 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2006 - 10:03 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Thu 20th Apr 2006, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I get your drift wub.gif

#14 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 10:20 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Thu 20th Apr 2006, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And you are talking about sheep? I'm shocked!
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#15 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2006 - 10:30 pm

QUOTE(tdm850rider @ Thu 20th Apr 2006, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

More in a romantic way than driving a car, if you get my drift........ wink.gif

#16 AL-58

AL-58

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 21 April 2006 - 03:04 am

QUOTE(Cavey @ Fri 21st Apr 2006, 04:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE(tdm850rider @ Fri 21st Apr 2006, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A highly skilled ventriloquist is visiting his friend the farmer. The ventriloquist tells the farmer his animals can talk. The farmer doesn't believe him, of course so the ventriloquist projects his voice on the horse. "Hi Farmer Brown" says the horse. The farmer is amazed.The ventriloquist does this to all of the other animals but as the farmer walks through the barnyard he gets a worried look on his face. He stops his friend and says "before we go any further I want you to know that the sheep lie!"

tdm850-spike.jpgtdm900-kosciuszko-05.jpg

#17 Big Bird

Big Bird

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 04:55 am

Thanks for the pic Al, I was just in the process of hunting one down.
Have you seen the thing at night? The eyes glow an evil golden malevolence.

#18 AL-58

AL-58

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:45 am

QUOTE(Big Bird @ Fri 21st Apr 2006, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the pic Al, I was just in the process of hunting one down.
Have you seen the thing at night? The eyes glow an evil golden malevolence.

Haven't seen it for a few years since they bypassed Goulburn. I would have definitely gone past there at night, but can't remember it to be honest. Als heimers.

Al

tdm850-spike.jpgtdm900-kosciuszko-05.jpg

#19 darcym

darcym

Carpe fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 08:37 pm

zoning laws .... zoning laws ... ::: shudder::::

No accounting for bad taste when it comes to kitsch, and obviously equal distrbution this side of the pond as well --- in the good ole USA we've got the giant dinosaur motel, big doughnut house, and world's largest ball of twine if you're hankering for some odd roadside attractions.
1992 TDM 850, RED
Corbin seat, Kerker pipes, Givi top case.
DMPHOTOSD.com

#20 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2006 - 08:59 pm

QUOTE(darcym @ Fri 21st Apr 2006, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
zoning laws .... zoning laws ... ::: shudder::::

No accounting for bad taste when it comes to kitsch, and obviously equal distrbution this side of the pond as well --- in the good ole USA we've got the giant dinosaur motel, big doughnut house, and world's largest ball of twine if you're hankering for some odd roadside attractions.

I've always wanted to see that ball of twine unsure.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users