seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:47 am

bugger weather aint lookin so good anymore sad.gif
http://www.weatheron...i...der&LANG=en

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#62 Readmarx

Readmarx

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:04 am

too pist tonight and too hung over tomorrow to care, tony!

besides, it'll be showers rather than anything too heavy & prolonged. but it's WALES and everyone knows when it's gonna rain anywhere it's gonna rain in Wales.

See you fellas there - safe journeys
mother nature rides a biker

#63 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:09 pm

judging by the windows rattling Hutch has just arrived outside my office hidden.gif
see you in approx 4 hours badgrock.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#64 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:24 pm

kind of packed, changed me mind about bringing No.7 though and was gonna droive 'The Chav' up so i cud listen to me CD's and play with the lectric mirrors, but now i'm doing neither and riding up on 'Boozer'. just eatin' a Ginsters Kernow Patsy and drinking a can o' bed rull and all being well oil see ye later in the pubic hoose......... oil sleep alfresco i tink. Devon is feckin' wet roight now but SpOnGeY assured me via text the sun is out in WaLeS....

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#65 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 21 June 2008 - 12:32 pm

well i managed 33.5 miles up the M5 at a steady 80mph, then wound it on to 100 (just to see how it felt on a different boike ya see) and then she bogged down with water in the electrics, misfiring loike a bassad so i decided to pull off the motorway (lucky ole m'way huh biggrin.gif ) to see if it was serious.........twas struggling to idle/run cleanly so i turned round and went home again ! Sponge text me earlier and twas a wash out so he started heading fer home. I was looking fwd. to this GTT but there will be udders i suppose.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#66 Mitch

Mitch

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:51 pm

Twas wet, I came home too.

Honda SS50

Honda CG125

Honda 250 Super Drean

Honda 751F1

Honda CX500

Kawasaki Z750E

TDM 900

PRP exhaust, Scottoiler touring, Yamaha Heated grips, Givi top box & panniers, Garmin, MRA Vario screen, fenda extenda, BMW hand guards. Nippy Normans bar risers. 'Nitram Special' parking light. Starcom. Hagon progressive fork springs. Hagon Monoshock with Remote Adjuster. SW-Motech mirror extenders.GIVI Engine Protectors.

BMW K1200LT (2000)

Nothing to add, has it all. :)

Kawasaki Z750E (1981)

In bits. :huh:

#67 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:23 pm

me too sad.gif
interesting stories to emerge shortly....

My TDM :

#68 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:23 pm

Us Too !.............although it seemed to brighten up on the way home rolleyes.gif
And we managed to stop at Heggies in Hereford to have couple of their famous pies wub.gif
An intrepid four set out to go to Barmouth, so I guess they'll be reporting back soon

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#69 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:29 pm

Home a day early means I've got no flipping food in the house. Off to the Chinese I think as the fry up for for breakfast, jacket potato and chilli for lunch, and mid afternoon cheesecake hasn't quite filled me up rolleyes.gif I'll upload some photos when I unpack enough to find my camera

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#70 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:34 pm

a quick shower to remove the 'road' smell and i'm going for a kebab......

My TDM :

#71 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 21 June 2008 - 08:28 pm

Bike now unloaded & cleaned - tent & kit drying out in the conservatory
Boy fed, watered, & bathed to his mother's starndards
Off for shower now, then it's early bed to read Bike & Classic bike, which arrived through the letterbox this morning.

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#72 Hutch

Hutch

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:19 pm

Just got home with the help of a recovery guy....................................................................again!!!

Yep, i came off again, due to some twat in a 4x4 coming round a very very sharp bend on a hill taking up some of my lane (taking up the road where you would take the line for a bend), he came out of nowhere, I had to swerve to miss him cos he didn't try to move, then immediately after the left bend was a very sharp right bend, as I swerved to miss the 4x4 I had to dive deeper into the left bend which put me out of line for the right bend, couldn't slam on the brakes any more cos they would have locked up and through me off so tried to just take the turn, and failed, hit the dirt then got thrown off and slid down the road.

I'm ok, just a bruised leg.
Waterproofs, well lets say their not waterproof anymore laugh.gif as they have holes in the arms, leg and back from where I slid down the road.
And TRiXy.................. well, cracked front fairing, broken r/h side footpeg, busted indicators, broken wing mirror, and one busted (but did it's job - thank god) crash bun.

Just need to get TRiXy mended in two weeks for Ireland, hell yeah, still hasn't put me off, gotta get straight back on the bike and keep going!!!

Managed to gather the broken fairing bits which will go back together (with the help of a good friend 'ducktape') which I could tape together like a puzzle and use the same fairing in the meantime till I fit the new one...........................................so guess what I'll be doing tomorrow, cleaning and mending!!

And the most annoying fact of the matter is...........................................................we only got 6.3 miles away from the campsite, so we had a good run on the bikes, not rotflmmfao.gif

I am glad that everyone had a good and safe ride home, and I am now off to the pub to ease the pains with my other good friend Mr Jack Daniels and try to find some young lady to rub my bruises better, well actually I hope she'll do more than rub them rotflmmfao.gif

Pictures will be uploaded very soon by myself and ChrisG and whoever else has pictures!

Catch you all later,
TRX - Red/Black, 2000, sunny day toy and commute to work if weather is good
TDM - Red, 1991, touring bike and commute to work if weather not so great

#73 Yellowasp

Yellowasp

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:57 pm

Glad your'e OK and not too bruised and the lady does a good job for you :good

Just a little information that may help in the future. If you are going over a hill where the view is restricted try placing yourself near the kirbside of the road, rather than the crown of the road ( near the centre line ). This will illiminate the asshole coming over the crown of the hill partly in your lane. I have heard so many people get killed taking up this position on their approach over the hill because of other idiots on the road.

Hope your bike is ok too mate. Sounds like Snowjoke was a disaster with the weather this year :-(

Edited by Yellowasp, 21 June 2008 - 10:05 pm.

Yellow Tdm 900 with lots of bits added

#74 Guest_Pantboy_*

Guest_Pantboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:07 pm

oh fecking hell hutch, sorry to hear about your latest escapade, can i make a suggestion, stay away from TRXs they are obviously bad for your wallet health.

#75 Guest_Paddy900_*

Guest_Paddy900_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:48 pm

Sorry to hear about your mishap Hutch.

Hope the JD works for the pain.

Dont worry about the water proofs it never rains in Ireland rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif

Edited by Paddy900, 21 June 2008 - 10:49 pm.

#76 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:29 pm

QUOTE(Yellowasp @ Sat 21st Jun 2008, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad your'e OK and not too bruised and the lady does a good job for you :good

Just a little information that may help in the future. If you are going over a hill where the view is restricted try placing yourself near the kirbside of the road, rather than the crown of the road ( near the centre line ). This will illiminate the asshole coming over the crown of the hill partly in your lane. I have heard so many people get killed taking up this position on their approach over the hill because of other idiots on the road.

Hope your bike is ok too mate. Sounds like Snowjoke was a disaster with the weather this year :-(

looking at the line hutch had taken (tyre track etc) he was already well left on a decent line for for the right hander
i had Hutch (& our other mate that learned together) doing the IAM/RoSPA style lane positioning from the day they passed their CBT
its one of the things i wished someone had shown me earlier
whilst we were stopped just down the road another 2 vehicles almost crashed in the same circumstances
it was almost a single track lane at that point

hope ya not too painfull tomorrow matey sad.gif

My TDM :

#77 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:44 pm

Crikey Guys

Reviewing the last ten posts reads like Bomber Command on a bad mission, with Hutch being the Tail End Charlie.

Work hard Hutch, I have been hearing about your bike and want to see her in a pristine condition

And it is true, it does not rain in Ireland tongue.gif

#78 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:57 am

Right, photo time then, didn't really take many as it wasn't the kind of weather for stopping in the sunshine for photo opportunities.

Firstly I met up with Spongey (Dave), Negwadar (Rumours of his death have been greatly exagerated), Celtic Biker, and Mrs CB on pillion in Abergavenny and we had a nice run up through the Brecon Beacons on dry roads. Just don't ask me to find petrol stations ranting.gif After attempting to throw himself under a 4x4 (on foot not on his bike) CB bought biscuits so the trip was off to a good start as far as I was concerned.

Having chased heavy looking clouds most of the way Spongey and I arrived at the campsite in sunshine and it didn't rain all evening.

Slightly different story in the morning though, having rained heavily all night it drizzled all morning and the forecast was was for torrential rain on the high ground

Mitch (Avonne) wasn't impressed

Mitch, Dave (Spongey) and Mick (sidestand not in photo) decided to head home

The survivors decided to try a short run north for lunch, then head back to pack up and head home if the weather didn't improve.

6.3 miles later...

This photo was taken at the exit of a gentle left hander. I was following Hutch as he's come round this to find a 4x4 with a trailer on the back comming round the following right hander occupying quite a bit of road.

He's dived left and as he's turned in behind the trailer got a wheel on the dirt and lowsided it, luckily the bike came down on the dirt (and Warren's leg) not the tarmac, so combined with the crash bungs and the low speed the damage is pretty minimal. Impact point is the centre of the photo. Interestingly while we were stopped a Volvo came down the hill and slid to a halt nearly hitting a van that was coming up in exactly the same place.

A bit of gaffer tape on the faring...

A check of the wheel alignment (looks more like a parking bay for 900's to me rolleyes.gif )...

and a quick clean...

and it was rideable back to the campsite.

ReadMarx, Tony and myself then nearly had second thoughs about heading home when a minibus load of 16 year old girls on DofE showed up and camped next to us, but after lunch we set off for Hereford and within and hour or so the roads started to dry out a bit and we had quite a nice run back home.

Edited by ChrisG, 22 June 2008 - 09:00 am.

2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

#79 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:33 am

Who owns the XT in white then? dry.gif

#80 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:00 am

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Sun 22nd Jun 2008, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who owns the XT in white then? dry.gif

That's Readmarx. Think he reckoned the frame, clocks and some of the faring are still XTZ. He's done quite a lot of mods to it including fitting some brakes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users